Guitar solos (poll)
Favourite guitar solo....... pick what u like!!!!
Sweet Child O' Mine by Slash [ 2 ] ** [7.69%]
Nothing Else Matters by James Hetfield [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin [ 1 ] ** [3.85%]
The Four Horsemen by Metallica [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Voodoo Chile by SRV ( isn't it played by SRV?) [ 1 ] ** [3.85%]
Fade to Black by Kirk Hammett [ 1 ] ** [3.85%]
Curious Coincidence by Kristofer Dahl [ 3 ] ** [11.54%]
Far Beyond The Sun by Yngwie Malmsteen [ 3 ] ** [11.54%]
Eruption by Van Halen [ 2 ] ** [7.69%]
Any other AWESOME solo??? [ 13 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
psychoguitarist_...
Sep 29 2006, 07:37 AM
GMC:er
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
Which one is Your favorite solo? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inefficiency
Sep 29 2006, 05:38 PM
I said any other, and maybe not techincally - but style wise - I have to say either Scarified or Technical Difficulties, both by Paul Gilbert and Bruce Bouillet (Racer-X).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DanielM
Sep 29 2006, 06:03 PM
im sorry but curious coincidence owns all. soon i will be able to play it fully and it is the best show off tool around biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Liam
Sep 29 2006, 07:48 PM
QUOTE (DanielM)
im sorry but curious coincidence owns all. soon i will be able to play it fully and it is the best show off tool around biggrin.gif

Try harder laugh.gif maybe he gives you free gmc lessons biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Sep 29 2006, 07:49 PM
QUOTE (inefficiency)
I said any other, and maybe not techincally - but style wise - I have to say either Scarified or Technical Difficulties, both by Paul Gilbert and Bruce Bouillet (Racer-X).

yeah scarified really rocks

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Liam
Sep 29 2006, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb)
QUOTE (inefficiency)

yeah scarified really rocks

hehe laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Sep 29 2006, 11:21 PM
Id have to say one of my favorites is the 3rd solo in holy wars. Its awsome the way Dave builds up to the solo, and then he just goes and bust's out a spine tingling solo that i just love.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 2 2006, 02:47 PM
I have too many to say just one, but for me it would come down to Tornado of Souls by Marty Friedman of Megadeth, Cemetery Gates by Dimebag Darrel of Pantera, and Hellrider by KK Downing and Glenn Tipton of Judas Priest.
All 3 have crazy fast parts and slow phrasing parts, -two great tastes that taste great together wink.gif
All 3 work great with the song too.
KK and Glenn really impressed me with the Hellrider lead break, because it is so beautiful, but it has sheer aggresion too. KK and Glenn work pefectly together, and their styles are very different too, like in Hellrider KK and Glenn trade short 5 second guitar parts, and KK completely wails out his parts, with very loud pick attacks, and strong jerks on his whammy bar with weird noises and speed licks, while Glenn does fast but smooth technical stuff like tapping and sweep picking.
Cemetery Gates rules for so many reasons, Dime has an amazing picking+left hand legato speed style, and amazing vibrato with unique phrasing. Cemetery just has so much emotion in it, it starts out with slow beautiful phrasing, then goes into blinding speed licks that sound so cool. And how he matches his whammyfied harmonic screams to Phil's singing at the end...it's just so so amazing.
Tornado of Souls has such a mind blowing solo, Marty is so amazing, if you ask me, he has the best bending and vibrato out of anybody. Add that to his amazing technical speed licks=LOVE. I mean just listen to his bends on this solo, IT"S NUTS!!!
Whoa, I've gone and written an essay LOL I could go forever about my favorite guitarists biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ric
Nov 12 2006, 11:11 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Oct 2 2006, 01:47 PM) *
KK and Glenn really impressed me with the Hellrider lead break, because it is so beautiful, but it has sheer aggresion too. KK and Glenn work pefectly together, and their styles are very different too, like in Hellrider KK and Glenn trade short 5 second guitar parts, and KK completely wails out his parts, with very loud pick attacks, and strong jerks on his whammy bar with weird noises and speed licks, while Glenn does fast but smooth technical stuff like tapping and sweep picking.

What's my favourite solo, ever? Couldn't possibly say - there are far too many to choose from! Sweet Child O' Mine has to be right up there - it's just such a good song, not just the solo: everything about it.

But, being a Priest fan, I can't help but to point out one of theirs. Not sure about RIP Dime's choice of Hellrider... I've just not been as hooked on their stuff after the brilliant Painkiller (just a case of personal musical taste).

The thing I've always enjoyed with Priest has been the interchanging between Glenn and KK - sharing and swapping the lead like they do, and then playing lead breaks in harmony, is just a little different to most bands, and sounds fantastic! One of my favourite lead breaks is from "Let Us Pray/Call for the Priest" (Sin After Sin). As a complete guitar novice, I have absolutely no idea just how difficult (or not) it is to play - but it sounds brilliant, and listening to it always brings a smile to my face.

And, after all, isn't that what it's all about? smile.gif

--------------------
Barmy Army! Barmy Army!

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Nov 13 2006, 03:12 PM
"Europa" Santana
"Freeway Jam" Jeff Beck

+Quote Post
This Dougs For U
Nov 13 2006, 04:41 PM
When I was younger it was the intro solo to Fade to Black.

I would say that right now my favs are Floods by Dime, Goodbye to Romance by Randy Rhoads (which I finally learned to play!), and I've also been trying to learn Don't Cry, by Guns N Roses. The version Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal plays in concert, with him doing the whole song on his guitar.

Doug

--------------------
www.myspace.com/autumnriseband

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Nov 15 2006, 05:05 AM
QUOTE (Ric @ Nov 12 2006, 11:11 PM) *
What's my favourite solo, ever? Couldn't possibly say - there are far too many to choose from! Sweet Child O' Mine has to be right up there - it's just such a good song, not just the solo: everything about it.

But, being a Priest fan, I can't help but to point out one of theirs. Not sure about RIP Dime's choice of Hellrider... I've just not been as hooked on their stuff after the brilliant Painkiller (just a case of personal musical taste).

The thing I've always enjoyed with Priest has been the interchanging between Glenn and KK - sharing and swapping the lead like they do, and then playing lead breaks in harmony, is just a little different to most bands, and sounds fantastic! One of my favourite lead breaks is from "Let Us Pray/Call for the Priest" (Sin After Sin). As a complete guitar novice, I have absolutely no idea just how difficult (or not) it is to play - but it sounds brilliant, and listening to it always brings a smile to my face.

And, after all, isn't that what it's all about? smile.gif

Hell yea, Painkiller rules!!! I love that entire album!! Hellrider is just one of my personal favorites. Victim of Changes, Beyond the Realms of Death, Painkiller, A Touch of Evil, and Dreamer Deceiver are some others.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:28 AM