15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 20 2008, 01:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh, I never knew these rules sad.gif Is there a link to them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 01:36 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Micke makes some great points in his post, there is a (forgotten maybe wink.gif) missing element in Pavels arguement that would really knock quite a big hole in his "Truth" page if it was there.

I`m actually appalled at his reactions to some of the comments, I said before that it was because of one of his lessons I joined GMC, it apears we didnt get to see the "real" Pavel maybe?

Also, he mentioned how "under pressure" he was with his course work etc on the forums several times as I recall,

well theres what? 23-24 lessons on IG by him and he claims he only worked for them for 6 hours?? let you work it out, why cover up?

I`m not trying to dis the guy here, but looking for a little fair play, his part was not all innocent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 01:39 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 20 2008, 12:34 AM) *
Oh, I never knew these rules sad.gif Is there a link to them?

they are on the Instructor boards that are not visible for all members, but trust me, they are there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 20 2008, 01:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 20 2008, 12:39 AM) *
they are on the Instructor boards that are not visible for all members, but trust me, they are there

Did he have to sign again?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 01:43 AM
Rules are rules, as an Instructor he agreed to work here by those rules, just as we all agree to take part in the forums and follow the posting rules & guidelines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 20 2008, 01:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
But if it was added after his contract, technically he never signed it did he? huh.gif Im not trying to start an arguement or anything, I'm just confused

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 20 2008, 01:54 AM
The Dark Canuck
If people want to leave, fine it's their choice and I wish them all the best. Is it sad yes but I'm sure they have their reasons. If people want to belong to more then one lesson site then that's fine too...I mean most of us really want to improve and will use any and all resources to achieve our goals.

However I don't really like the idea of people bad mouthing anyone on other sites especially when it probably has nothing to do with them in the first place. I mean no disrespect to anyone, it's just I think that whatever happened it's between those parties and those parties only. People will have their opinions yes, but I feel that it's none of mine or anyone elses business. What's done is done. Let us move on and leave all other discussions for MSN and get back to what we are all here for in the first place GUITAR! We need less drama and more practice folks smile.gif Because I can really throw some drama at you guys and show how silly some of this really is. ( Sorry I'm just a bit pissy ATM. Some of you know about some stuff I've had going on lately and well most of what's been going on here lately seems..... well I'll leave it at that)

I've been here at GMC for a year and well I just love it. The people on this site have helped me just as much as the lessons and that is reason enough for me to stick around. I've made some great friends on here and have learned so much. This is the first forum I ever had the nerve to post on and it was due to the friendly atmosphere and the fact that Kris is really trying to make things better for us members. He listens to suggestions and he really cares about the product he is putting out there. He has my respect and I plan on being here a very long time.

rok

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 01:54 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 19 2008, 07:45 PM) *
But if it was added after his contract, technically he never signed it did he? huh.gif Im not trying to start an arguement or anything, I'm just confused

I have the distinct opinion that Kris knows what he is doing on such manners.

Law is not simple, it keeps the lawyers off the streets. For example, legally I could put some ink on my head and smack it on a contract, and it would be considered legally binding if done with intent. Or sign a check "Bozo the Clown" and it still be legally binding. Law is complicated. I'm sure Kris has had advice on such matters, everything about the man tells me he has good business sense.

edit: the head smacking thing would be good in the US, Canada, probably Britain. Actually much of common law in the US is British law that we inherited. Although I think this is covered by UCC, not common law. I forget, been a long time since college.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 20 2008, 01:58 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 01:58 AM
The contract is on the material that he produced, There are rules for Instructors as there are rules for us smile.gif

We choose to follow the guidelines so we dont get warnings etc, an Instructor rule is about producing significant amounts of material for competitor sites, he didnt choose to follow the specifics of that rule.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 20 2008, 02:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
This all confuses me huh.gif sad.gif

Here, I'll make an example

Let's say Im an employer, and I write a contract for a guy named Jim that he works for me, and he signs it. Then later I add that he doesn't get payed. That means it's still legal? huh.gif Because I still don't see how Pavel agreed to that added part huh.gif

PS Still not trying to fire anyone up smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 02:09 AM
Stevie mate as fkalich pointed out, employment law is a minefield, I`m not an expert, here in the UK, not sure about other countries but you can be employed with no "written contrct" at all, you make verbal agreement to work there for x amount and away you go, in fact I`ve worked for my employer for 8 years and only recieved a contract of employment to sign 18 months ago.
But according to the Law I am covered by an "Unwritten contract" Pavel states in his Truth page that it doesnt exsist, well I can tell you it does

http://www.evancarmichael.com/Human-Resour...t-Contract.html here ya go mate, have a read of that if ya fancy it blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 20 2008, 02:10 AM
If you read Mike's post then you would have noticed that he said all the instructors signed it..

I don't think there are any loop holes to this.. pavel just over looked a few things when he made the "truth Site".

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 20 2008, 02:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Being 14, all I know is if you dont do what the sign outside says, the police come laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 20 2008, 01:11 AM) *
Being 14, all I know is if you dont do what the sign outside says, the police come laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 19 2008, 08:11 PM) *

yes, but you are showing a curiosity, always admirable in a young'n.

a lot of cases are actually decided on "reasonableness" more than anything else. the judge can't tell who is lying, so it is decided on whether it is reasonable that some event occurred, or did not occur.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 20 2008, 02:38 AM
GMC for the WIN biggrin.gif.. im never leaving smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 20 2008, 02:54 AM
I like it here. The lessons, community. This discussion is good but I personally don't need or want to know what happen between the instructors. I hope the issues are resolved for all involved and they've let it go.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 20 2008, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 19 2008, 07:55 PM) *
Ahhh,large chat here,maybe we could go into chat room to crash Google laugh.gif

As far as I've seen few (ex) members from GMC joined IG and said words like..
"I'm never coming back"..."lets see GMC crashes to death:"...etc.

Now,all I wanna know is why,did they experienced something that bad here at GMC??? ohmy.gif

Nope,guess not. wink.gif

ive read those words in the page on Pavels site.. its upsetting that Kris and Pavel had that little tiff and i think now that its out its kind of upset some GMC members.. me included.. i don't want to leave over it but i think Kris tried to handle it in the right way for the wrong reasons and Pavel tried to handle it the wrong way for the right reasons.. hard to explain.. but this is the first bad experience ive ever had at GMC sad.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 20 2008, 03:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 19 2008, 10:00 PM) *
This is a great topic Jakub - thanks for bringing it up! biggrin.gif

Well my philosophy has never been to force anyone to like or be at GMC - on the contrary if someone doesn't like GMC or doesn't want to obey the rules... I'll be the first to tell them to leave.

GMC for me has been about using the internet do something which I find really cool - if someone else doesn't find it cool then it means that

1 - they are cooler than us

2 - we have different definitions of "cool"

If someone thinks that GMC doesn't deserve the title "coolest guitar website" then there is nothing we can say to change that - all we can do is make it better. Which is what we have been doing the last couple of years and intend to keep doing.

Thanks for all the fantastic feedback! biggrin.gif

+1

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 20 2008, 03:07 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 19 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Guys, there just guitar lesson sites smile.gif Besides, aren't we all just trying to learn as much, and absorb as much information as possible? wink.gif

+1

I know I'm not leaving GMC wink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:29 PM