What Was The Last Festival You Went?
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2011, 07:43 PM
Instructor
Mine was Belgrade Beer Fest, last night... Man, if you ever planned to come, don't.. Awful crowd, terrible beer. I hate to say this... (as a guy who likes beer biggrin.gif ).

Here's a picture, after it was moved to a bigger location:

Here is where it was before (Bogdan and I played on this one in 2006, he played in 2005 as well smile.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Bossie
Aug 18 2011, 07:52 PM
GMC:er
One of Belgiums biggest festivals has just been aborted....heavy thunderstorms,stages collapsed, trees pulled out etc...it's total chaos overhere.One person lost his life in the apocalyptic circumstances....lots of injuries.....sadness...
The foo fighters were about to perform....everything is cancelled ofcours...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 18 2011, 07:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
My last (latest) festival was Rockstad Falun 2010. I saw Sabaton, Gamma Ray, Alestorm, among others.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2011, 08:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Aug 18 2011, 08:52 PM) *
One of Belgiums biggest festivals has just been aborted....heavy thunderstorms,stages collapsed, trees pulled out etc...it's total chaos overhere.One person lost his life in the apocalyptic circumstances....lots of injuries.....sadness...
The foo fighters were about to perform....everything is cancelled ofcours...

OMG huh.gif That is terrible man, I remember having similar experience on Tuborg Green Fest when RHCP were performing.. Terrible storm kicked in. In that crowd, it feels like an end of the world..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 18 2011, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 18 2011, 07:16 PM) *
OMG huh.gif That is terrible man, I remember having similar experience on Tuborg Green Fest when RHCP were performing.. Terrible storm kicked in. In that crowd, it feels like an end of the world..

It's total devastation; death toll is rising....hope my friends are ok. Cell phone systems are overloaded or damaged....so few people
know if their relatives are ok.....drama..

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 18 2011, 08:37 PM
Instructor
Man, I hope they are OK, let us know what happened. Do you have some link, was it on the news?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 18 2011, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 18 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Man, I hope they are OK, let us know what happened. Do you have some link, was it on the news?

It happened 2,5 hours ago...it's all over the news here! I didn't go there because i have to work tomorrow...no english link so far.
I'll update if i can..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14582448

Here's a link so far..

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 18 2011, 09:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 18 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Mine was Belgrade Beer Fest, last night... Man, if you ever planned to come, don't.. Awful crowd, terrible beer. I hate to say this... (as a guy who likes beer biggrin.gif ).

Here's a picture, after it was moved to a bigger location:

Here is where it was before (Bogdan and I played on this one in 2006, he played in 2005 as well smile.gif )

Much better was under Kalemegdan! I played there in 2004,05,06,07 ! The festival was excellent,until he moved to another location dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 19 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Man, I haven't been to a festival since 2003 or something.. it was Ozzfest at Donington smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2011, 03:47 PM
Instructor
I can't remember the last Festival that I went... but I'd love to go to the Chile's Lollapalooza the next year...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Davidian
Aug 19 2011, 04:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Mine was Dour (with Kyuss Lives, Skindred and lot's of drum and bass and dubstep dj's) and Lokerse Feesten (with Airbourne, Kyuss Lives and Triggerfinger)
Too bad I couldn't do more this year sad.gif
I'd love to go to some USA festival once! Coachella for example

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2011, 07:17 PM
Instructor
The last fest...last week's fest where we played, a local thing with big Romanian names such as Phoenix smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2011, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 18 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Much better was under Kalemegdan! I played there in 2004,05,06,07 ! The festival was excellent,until he moved to another location dry.gif

I agree mate, and is awesome for you to play 4 years in a row, like a tradition smile.gif They always seem to make a fair out of any decent festival. Back in those days it was more "underground" and today lot more people come, with all kinds of sides, lot more commercial and uncontrolled..

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 21 2011, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I dont go to many festivals and i dont think i have been to any this year

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2011, 06:34 PM
Instructor
I'm planning on going to Rock Im Park next year or Nova Rock, depending on the line-up of course, now the idea is that my 2009 experience at Rock Im Park was so awesome, that it's most definitely worth going a second time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2011, 06:39 PM
Instructor
You're lucky mate, that must have been awesome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Ivan, You have to try this at least once - it'll make you want to try it twice biggrin.gif it's an incredible experience!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 21 2011, 05:39 PM) *
You're lucky mate, that must have been awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 21 2011, 10:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I didn't like the Belgrade Beer Fest much this year either. I saw Simple Minds and it was a great demonstration of how a good sound tech (they brought their own) can make a huge difference on the same PA/gear smile.gif

I live near Kalemegdan and old location for the festival was much much better and more intimate smile.gif
Now - it was just way too crowded and somehow it lost it's charm/spirit.

+ Idea of selling stuff at 4x price then in regular stores is just crazy smile.gif))

I'm really glad that I had a chance to play twice in the old location - those are some amazing memories.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2011, 07:02 AM
Instructor
Have you guys noticed how at some festivals, they make you buy stuff which is way more expensive than usual? In Romania it happens all the time sad.gif In Germany, for instance, in 2009 at Rock Im Park, you could buy a Becks beer for 3.3 euros and if you gathered 10 empty plastic beer recipients you received a free beer. Now that's smart - no one threw anything around!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 21 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I didn't like the Belgrade Beer Fest much this year either. I saw Simple Minds and it was a great demonstration of how a good sound tech (they brought their own) can make a huge difference on the same PA/gear smile.gif

I live near Kalemegdan and old location for the festival was much much better and more intimate smile.gif
Now - it was just way too crowded and somehow it lost it's charm/spirit.

+ Idea of selling stuff at 4x price then in regular stores is just crazy smile.gif))

I'm really glad that I had a chance to play twice in the old location - those are some amazing memories.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 22 2011, 06:54 PM
So far this year:-
Isle of Wight. (Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon)
Green Man,
The Glade,
The Big Chill,
WOMAD,
The Beer Blues Festival,
Rewind (last Saturday) and next week might be working a spotlight at the Reading Festival!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:38 AM