> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 8.6 ) Jumping Around - Beginner, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Michael AC
Feb 11 2012, 10:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Jumping Around - Beginner by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 12 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
Hi Michael, nice to see another take from you ! smile.gif

I'll start with the minor criticisms and get them out of the way first..

In a few places you were just a little in front of the beat ok ?

Vibrato with the little finger could benefit from having the same sort of motion as your other vibratos, as it was using mainly the strength of the pinky alone which doesn't give you as much control. I'll send you a p.m. and explain further smile.gif

Apart from those little points, I'm totally impressed. You've definitely improved and I can actually hear the feeling in the playing too, which nets it a solid 9 from me ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2012, 03:10 PM
Instructor
very nicely played, sounds cool. There is little problems with timing here, and the notes came out correctly. Biggest problem is vibrato. When you do it on bass strings, you use your fingers for it. Try never to vibrate the note with the fingers, always use writs/forearm motion (like you do it up the neck). Vibrato should be synced with the backing and more wider. You are on the right track with those vibrato notes up the neck, so try to use same technique throughout the fretboard.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2012, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Hey Michael! smile.gif Good take mate! I think that Ivan and Ben said everything there was to it, so I will add my congratulations and urge you to practice this to perfection wink.gif cheers and keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Hi Michael! The overall is good on this take. The first thing that comes to mind when I think what you should fix is your vibrato. You don't make it sound natural. You have to let the note ring first and then start vibrating the string slowly and increasing the speed and weight. Check out the vibrato in the original lesson and compare it with yours. Your timing has some little issues (as Ben said) and the bends are on pitch. The tone is also good.
Keep on working! smile.gif

Hi Michael! The overall is good on this take. The first thing that comes to mind when I think what you should fix is your vibrato. You don't make it sound natural. You have to let the note ring first and then start vibrating the string slowly and increasing the speed and weight. Check out the vibrato in the original lesson and compare it with yours. Your timing has some little issues (as Ben said) and the bends are on pitch. The tone is also good.
Keep on working! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 13 2012, 03:23 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.6...god job!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:30 AM