4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Worstest
mattacuk
Sep 17 2008, 12:44 PM
Lets go fishing!

As a Senior member and moderator I feel I should be positive and say "everyones good, they just need to practice more".

But what the hey,

Jimmy Vaughan is just about the worst I ever heard laugh.gif laugh.gif Amaizing considering I think Stevie is awsome biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Sep 17 2008, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Sep 15 2008, 09:51 AM) *
Talking about weirdos: youtube

OMG!! LOL laugh.gif

I want to be like him/her when I grow up!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 17 2008, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 17 2008, 06:00 AM) *
I think Jimmy Page is the worst guitarist out there. He makes me want to scream. 24 hour bends aren't good. Apart from him I can tolerate most people.

yay finally someone who agrees

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 17 2008, 07:38 PM
Singing Instructor
I was preparing to say Steven Seagal,but his not so bad.smile.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU93PbZijNM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 17 2008, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Sep 17 2008, 02:38 PM) *
I was preparing to say Steven Seagal,but his not so bad.smile.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU93PbZijNM

i thought that was really good. thanks.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 17 2008, 08:04 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 17 2008, 07:15 PM) *

We all need a badge for our signature biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 18 2008, 10:08 AM
i think the solos on the new metallica album (the songs are not bad!) suck - so kirk hammett seems to wanna be part of our bad guitarists site... (he can do a lot better than that uncontrolled wah wah stuff...)

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 18 2008, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 17 2008, 05:00 AM) *
I think Jimmy Page is the worst guitarist out there. He makes me want to scream. 24 hour bends aren't good. Apart from him I can tolerate most people.

Page is the most influential guitarist in electric history, there is no question on that. I don't know the last time I listened to him, but I would say I admire him for what he contributed.

You are making the mistake that many make, often historians. Taking a person out of their context and judging them as if you got into a time machine went back to a stage in 1973 with Jimmy playing stairway to heaven, and pushed him in, and then came back to 2008 and dumped him in front of Batio or Gilbert, and said "see, I told you he sucks".

I think Einstein was a dummy too. He put that silly constant in General Relativity because he did not know the universe was expanding. What a dolt he was!

QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 17 2008, 01:15 PM) *

ditto

edit: or heck, if you brought him back and dumped him in front of Muris or, really and teacher we have here would blow away anyone from that epoch. it is all relative, that I how I judge things. I look at Page in his context, and in that context, he is awfully good.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 18 2008, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2008, 11:13 AM
Lets go fishing!

I must say that Im not a page fan either, I really cant see what the fuss is about! But the point being i guess that everyone likes different things so its all good smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Sep 18 2008, 11:23 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_wMslbxwOA

ok he may be sloppy but the feeling is definitely there from page which is something some musicians just dont have?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 18 2008, 11:29 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 18 2008, 05:13 AM) *
I must say that Im not a page fan either, I really cant see what the fuss is about! But the point being i guess that everyone likes different things so its all good smile.gif

because Matt, it is guys comparing apples and oranges. like saying some 2008 Olympic athlete is so superior to say Jesse Owens, the guy that spoiled things for Adolf in Munich. It just makes no sense at all.

It like the people who if you put on a 40's movie classic, all time one of the best movies, and they say "I don't like it".

In the US we have Constitution that allows people to say silly things, they have a right to do so. And that is good. But but because I have to respect the right for them to say it, does not mean I have to respect it, or tell them I respect it. I don't respect everything. I mean if you respect everything, your respect is meaningless. Freud wrote something like that.

QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Sep 18 2008, 05:23 AM) *

ok he may be sloppy but the feeling is definitely there from page which is something some musicians just dont have?

Of course. It was called creative composition. Like how many guys have come up with even a fraction of the ideas he came up with. Those were new ideas back then, he was not just imitating the other metal band. And who wasn't sloppy back then. Babe Ruth was a crappy ball player. See how heavy he was, he was not fast. And besides, all those guys pumped up on steroids now have hit more home runs than he did. He could never play today, he sucked.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Sep 18 2008, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 18 2008, 11:49 AM) *
I look at Page in his context, and in that context, he is awfully good.

Yes! Page isn't a shredder. This is quite obvious.
He wrote some of the best riffs in rock music history.
This is the only thing that matters.

This post has been edited by Jerry Arcidiacono: Sep 18 2008, 01:02 PM

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Sep 18 2008, 01:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Aug 29 2008, 11:03 AM) *
kirk hammet, sam totman, herman li, or any of the guys from a7x or bullet for my valentine.

Aw come on man I can understand dragonforce...for some songs and videos a7X.....BUT BULLET AND KIRK HAMMET WTF!?!?!?!?! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 18 2008, 01:23 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Sep 18 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Aw come on man I can understand dragonforce...for some songs and videos a7X.....BUT BULLET AND KIRK HAMMET WTF!?!?!?!?! laugh.gif tongue.gif

Kirk Hammet is one scale over and over again badly, and the guys from bullet have quite possibly the worst song compositional skills ever. their "songs" are a few simple powerchords and a solo that a five year old could play. they SUCK live, too.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Mark.
Sep 18 2008, 01:24 PM
Jack White or Herman li. Kirk Hammet isn't really anything special these days. But I can't forget that they got so many people into guitar playing and metal, though they are rather pussies now ^^

This post has been edited by Mark.: Sep 18 2008, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 18 2008, 01:56 PM
No. I'm not taking it out of context and never do. I'm not a fan of shredders and I judge him against other 70's guitarists and he was terrible. The worst guitarist around that time. He wrote dull riffs and boring plain solos in my opinion. People like John McLaughlin and Ritchie Blackmore are way better than Page round that era. Jimmy Page was just not up to any good standard and that is why I hate him. Compared to modern day guitarists he is even worse. He was just terrible in the 70's and in the 00's he's unimaginably bad.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 18 2008, 10:49 AM) *
Page is the most influential guitarist in electric history, there is no question on that. I don't know the last time I listened to him, but I would say I admire him for what he contributed.

You are making the mistake that many make, often historians. Taking a person out of their context and judging them as if you got into a time machine went back to a stage in 1973 with Jimmy playing stairway to heaven, and pushed him in, and then came back to 2008 and dumped him in front of Batio or Gilbert, and said "see, I told you he sucks".

I think Einstein was a dummy too. He put that silly constant in General Relativity because he did not know the universe was expanding. What a dolt he was!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
wrk
Sep 18 2008, 02:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 18 2008, 01:56 PM) *
No. I'm not taking it out of context and never do. I'm not a fan of shredders and I judge him against other 70's guitarists and he was terrible. The worst guitarist around that time. He wrote dull riffs and boring plain solos in my opinion. People like John McLaughlin and Ritchie Blackmore are way better than Page round that era. Jimmy Page was just not up to any good standard and that is why I hate him. Compared to modern day guitarists he is even worse. He was just terrible in the 70's and in the 00's he's unimaginably bad.

... now that hurts huh.gif

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Sep 18 2008, 04:07 PM
Herman Li and me when i try to play fast after playing some gothic/doom metal (I really stink after playing that slow sad.gif )

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 18 2008, 04:24 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Sep 18 2008, 12:23 PM) *

Chills!!! I think Page is great and he does just what you say, deliver feelings smile.gif

Strikes me how much of the pick sticks out from his grip huh.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 18 2008, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Aug 30 2008, 01:12 AM) *
laugh.gif This thread is awesome! I'll contribute a little https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQ_ZhC-1CU

That's the most horrible thing Iv'e seen in years... and Iv'e seen some messed up things tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:24 PM