Peterson Strobe Tuners, buy one get one free
jdriver
Sep 2 2009, 11:39 PM
GMC:er
If anyone's been thinking of getting a Peterson Strobe tuner, now's the time. For the month of September when you buy any tuner you get a free download of their StroboSoft product which is a stand alone app with spectrum analyzer and 'scope, regular price $99 USD. The software version includes VST plugin for use within your favorite DAW.

Also, amazingly, they have a strobe tuner app for the iPhone and iPod Touch for only $9.99!!!

If you're not familiar with these tuners, do yourself a favor and check them out. Accuracy to 0.1 cents, and "Sweetened Tunings" built in.

Peterson Strobe Tuners

They also sell a nice guitar to midi adapter box.

(I am not a paid endorser! I wish I was, haha.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jdriver: Sep 2 2009, 11:41 PM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 3 2009, 12:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Cool link. They make really great tuners. At the guitar shop I worked at way back in the day, they had a really nice Peterson strobe tuner. It was so precise especially when setting the intonation.

Kind of off topic but maybe not. Does anyone know of a PC app equivalent (strobe tuner app)? I seem to be mostly playing through my computer these days and it would be more convenient to have.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 3 2009, 03:20 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Sep 2 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Cool link. They make really great tuners. At the guitar shop I worked at way back in the day, they had a really nice Peterson strobe tuner. It was so precise especially when setting the intonation.

Kind of off topic but maybe not. Does anyone know of a PC app equivalent (strobe tuner app)? I seem to be mostly playing through my computer these days and it would be more convenient to have.

The StroboSoft product is a standalone tuner app for PC or Mac. Comes in 2 flavors, Standard and Deluxe, $49 and $99 respectively. That includes the plugins also.

You're right about setting intonation, these make it so easy to be totally accurate.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 3 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks man! smile.gif
I'll check it out. I was hoping I could find a shareware one or open source app I could tweak. Oh well, you got to pay to play! Right?

Hope the road is treating you well my friend.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:44 PM