Apprentice Bushido Task 31
Ben Higgins
Aug 24 2012, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Task 31: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...entatonic-solo/

Ok, so we're moving on from the blues and stepping it up a couple of gears back to some fiery rock and metal playing. This one has a brilliant rhythm that really enables you to swing a bit ! Getting the tempo of the phrases right is crucial here.. it's made a bit harder because of the bends so pay careful attention to the opening phrases smile.gif

There's some tricky little scalar runs too but I've seen what you guys can do already and I know you'll manage them just fine !!

Time to raise some hell once more !! cool.gif

Deadline is next Friday 31st August

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 24 2012, 03:15 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Whouhou ! Time for Hard Rock ! smile.gif

That's gonna be fun to play. The guitar is down a half step, I think I will transpose the backing track in E, if it's alright with you (I know Sinisa doesn't like it, so when I do a REC take, I'll try to find a guitar in Eb wink.gif )

There's a big stretch near the end. I first thought it was a tapping, but no : on the video he plays it legato (12-13-17-13-12). It will take some time to get used to this.

It's always a great moment when I see the new Task of the week biggrin.gif

I go back to the Dojo for training ph34r.gif It's Donuts time laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 24 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Aug 24 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Whouhou ! Time for Hard Rock ! smile.gif

That's gonna be fun to play. The guitar is down a half step, I think I will transpose the backing track in E, if it's alright with you (I know Sinisa doesn't like it, so when I do a REC take, I'll try to find a guitar in Eb wink.gif )

There's a big stretch near the end. I first thought it was a tapping, but no : on the video he plays it legato (12-13-17-13-12). It will take some time to get used to this.

It's always a great moment when I see the new Task of the week biggrin.gif

I go back to the Dojo for training ph34r.gif It's Donuts time laugh.gif

Sure, transpose all you like ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Aug 28 2012, 02:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Ben

I remember when Marcus upload this way back when and I had a bash at it. So here's my second bash at it. I'd like to get it better but it's late now so this is where it's at. The hard parts for me timing on intro. the first legatto bit the second legatto wasn't to bad although I think on this take I didn't nail it completely. The fast run at end to get it clear and even (hard)

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/pentatonic-solo-lesson

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 29 2012, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Aug 28 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Hi Ben

I remember when Marcus upload this way back when and I had a bash at it. So here's my second bash at it. I'd like to get it better but it's late now so this is where it's at. The hard parts for me timing on intro. the first legatto bit the second legatto wasn't to bad although I think on this take I didn't nail it completely. The fast run at end to get it clear and even (hard)

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/pentatonic-solo-lesson

Hi Zoom, there's some real good stuff here ! I'm pleased with how well you tackled those faster lines, especially that picking run at the end. Although it went a bit wayward half way through, you had it nailed down to start with. It shows that your fingers seem to be getting a bit faster and more fluid - good, this is what we like to see !

The bending in the phrases was good too... the only things that messed you up really were mainly issues with timing and possibly with stamina in the faster bits ?

It's given me a good idea of what to give you guys next week. Clue: might involve the dreaded 'L' word ! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM