Still Not Searching Correctly...
Keilnoth
Apr 4 2010, 05:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Today, I was looking for some Boss CS-3 review or mini review on the wiki and afraid I couldn't find any. But then, I looked in the forum and find a thread speaking about it.

Well, not sure how are the lessons, wiki and forum linked together but it's pretty tiring that when you search with some keywords it doesn't search everywhere the same way.

For example, I typed "Boss CS-3" in the search box and clicked Search, but because the wiki page is called "Boss CS-3 Review" it hasn't been found. But what's more strange and disturbing is that the search function found out that a "Boss" page exists... Really odd... blink.gif

Well, it's not really important and only a matter of comfort. But it could be a cool improvement to help people find what they are looking for in the Wiki and Forum. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2010, 05:46 PM
Instructor
I have noticed some weird things about search as well but never reported as they don't really bother me that much smile.gif But yes, I think some things could be improved.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Apr 5 2010, 02:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, I used to search a lot, but now I barely use it anymore... I would love it to search inside posts, like the old one.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 5 2010, 09:31 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the report Keilnoth -

Search improvements are planned - we will probably look into the forum search first as we have more content there (here!).

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Apr 5 2010, 03:54 AM) *
Yeah, I used to search a lot, but now I barely use it anymore... I would love it to search inside posts, like the old one.

You can still search inside posts - look at the bottom left of this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Apr 5 2010, 12:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 5 2010, 10:31 AM) *
You can still search inside posts - look at the bottom left of this thread.

Yeah, but what I ment was searching for a keyword that I know exist in some thread, and I really want to see that thread again. But it's a year ago, and all I remember was a post containing this one word, for example. tongue.gif So I would like to type that word in a search bar, and it searches through all the threads, finds the post with the keyword, and I can then read the topic. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 5 2010, 01:58 PM
Instructor
You can do that by using google search if you really need it, this is how I do it. Type into google:

"keyword" site:www.guitarmasterclass.net

or even for GMC wiki:

"keyword" site:www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 6 2010, 09:47 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Apr 5 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Yeah, but what I ment was searching for a keyword that I know exist in some thread, and I really want to see that thread again. But it's a year ago, and all I remember was a post containing this one word, for example. tongue.gif So I would like to type that word in a search bar, and it searches through all the threads, finds the post with the keyword, and I can then read the topic. smile.gif

Ah ok I see what you mean - hopefully this will be solved when the forum search improvements go live.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 6 2010, 03:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 5 2010, 02:58 PM) *
You can do that by using google search if you really need it, this is how I do it. Type into google:

or even for GMC wiki:

now that works great tongue.gif just found a threat I couldn't find tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Apr 6 2010, 03:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 5 2010, 08:58 AM) *

or even for GMC wiki:

Thanks for that tip Ivan ... now I can find a lot of things

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 12 2010, 03:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Apr 5 2010, 01:40 PM) *

This should now work for the forum results!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 12 2010, 03:24 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I click on the big yellow search button. As soon as I try to type in an instructors name, ot select from the drop down list (or any of the drop down lists) I'm immediately taken back to the forum index screen,

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 12 2010, 03:32 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 12 2010, 04:24 PM) *
I click on the big yellow search button. As soon as I try to type in an instructors name, ot select from the drop down list (or any of the drop down lists) I'm immediately taken back to the forum index screen,

This doesn't happen to me - either I don't understand you correctly or this might be related to something else.

Have you tried a different browser? Does this happen to anyone else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 12 2010, 03:42 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 12 2010, 02:32 PM) *
This doesn't happen to me - either I don't understand you correctly or this might be related to something else.

Worked fine for me as well Kris - FF 3.6.3

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 12 2010, 03:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 12 2010, 04:32 PM) *

I'm on IE7. It works with Chrome (of course).
The site doesn't run at all on IE6 which was installed on the other computer I tried laugh.gif ....unsure.gif

To put the error description in another way. Can you search and find an instructors all lessons? I can't with IE7 but get shipped to the forum index.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 12 2010, 03:48 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 12 2010, 04:43 PM) *
I'm on IE7. It works with Chrome (of course).

Thanks a lot for narrowing it down Micke - I am on it!

edit - I got the same error now. This is quite bad, reporting it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 13 2010, 03:50 PM
GMC Founder
Ok Micke this should now been fixed - thanks for reporting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Apr 13 2010, 04:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 12 2010, 04:16 PM) *
This should now work for the forum results!

Awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:33 PM