A Minor Penta Triplet Exercise Nd Questions
gitarcitolga
Aug 10 2011, 12:15 PM
Learning Chord Basher
[attachment=24355:A_minor_..._triplet.gp5]Hey guys,

It's been a long time that I havent been around. Here I am with two qustions for you. Well, I've got the idea of exercising 2 notes per string for pentatonic from Ben a while ago. Today I brought the idea to a triplet exercise which I insterted as a document (written on GP5). unfortunately Im not sure about 2 things;

1. Time signiture....what does it suppose to be? I put triplet with 8th notes on GP5 and it gives me the red (tab) color which I assume means time signiture is not correct.
2. Is my alternate picking correct? yesterday I've read in a book that players need to skip on H.O./P.O. & sliding techniques. I guess it means that for 5 3 5 P.O. 3 5 playing picking should be Down Up Down (P.O.) Down which basically means that counting the P.O as Up and continue with a Down.

note: the exercise continues up tll the 20th fret just following th regular pentatonic shape on first and second strings HORIZONTALLY.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by gitarcitolga: Aug 10 2011, 12:36 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  A_minor_penta_triplet.gp5 ( 1.7K ) Number of downloads: 123

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 10 2011, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey.

1. Three 8th note triplets are played in the same amount of time as two 8th notes. If you want one group of three notes per "click", 4/4 would be the time signature to go for here - then each bar fits four groups of three 8th note triplets.
2. I'd say that the picking pattern you suggest is correct.

H4H

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Aug 10 2011, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Aug 10 2011, 12:51 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 10 2011, 11:38 AM) *
Hey.

1. Three 8th note triplets are played in the same amount of time as two 8th notes. If you want one group of three notes per "click", 4/4 would be the time signature to go for here - then each bar fits four groups of three 8th note triplets.
2. I'd say that the picking pattern you suggest is correct.

H4H

Hi, yeah 4 groups of 8th note triplets that's true. But why GP5 is all in red tab still when I write the measure as 4/4. And it leaves 4th note as a single 8th. I dont get it..

This post has been edited by gitarcitolga: Aug 10 2011, 12:54 PM

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 10 2011, 01:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hmm, I'm not so used to working with Guitar Pro, but shouldn't there be a "refactor" option somewhere, that rearranges the bars after changing time signature?

Edit: Does "Tools->Bar Arranger..." work?

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Aug 10 2011, 01:20 PM

+Quote Post
gitarcitolga
Aug 10 2011, 01:30 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 10 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Hmm, I'm not so used to working with Guitar Pro, but shouldn't there be a "refactor" option somewhere, that rearranges the bars after changing time signature?

Edit: Does "Tools->Bar Arranger..." work?

Ahhaaa..worked..I had no idea of this feature. You saved my life because of this little tool man. Now I can write my own music. Damn I always thought it was my fu.in' brain saying myself u never will figure out time signitures and writing music. There we go, I made my first own excercise:))) Thanks!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:54 AM