2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar =)
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 01:59 AM
Learning Roadie
So i´m gona buy one of the folloing from this exact store :

1st the fenders =):

This one looks a lot like a malmmsteen guitar =) love it ...

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Fender...-GIT0009092-000

This to i love their designs and they would be great to play jimi´s songs :

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Fender...-GIT0009086-000

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Fender...-GIT0014843-000

Now Ibanez :

I saw the 2 jems 555 white and black:(love them so much and i would love to get that steve vai tone )

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Ibanez...-GIT0000121-001

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Ibanez...-GIT0000121-002´

Edit: allmost forgot this 2 beauties =) ----

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Ibanez...-GIT0012372-000

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/PTE/Ibanez...-GIT0012527-000

HElp me choose =)
Can i get i nice destortion with any of this fenders ?? Are the floyds gonna give me a hard time ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 7 2009, 02:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 7 2009, 02:09 AM
Instructor
Man, the first one is beautiful! would go for that,

The JEM is pretty cool! one of those two

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 02:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 7 2009, 01:09 AM) *
Man, the first one is beautiful! would go for that,

The JEM is pretty cool! one of those two

Thanks =) i think so two (in fact i think all of this 7 are cool tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 7 2009, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 7 2009, 02:29 AM
Instructor
Hard choice. All are cool smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 7 2009, 02:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
RG2550Z in the color of your choice.
Japanese hand Made guitars beat the Mexico Fender Strats and the Korean made Jem. The RG Prestige offers everything the Jem555 does, but in a much higher quality. Upgrade the RG with DiMarzio Steve Vai Evolution pickups and you have the Vai tone in a professional guitar!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 7 2009, 03:01 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 7 2009, 02:46 AM) *
Japanese hand Made guitars beat the Mexico Fender Strats and the Korean made Jem. The RG Prestige offers everything the Jem555 does, but in a much higher quality. Upgrade the RG with DiMarzio Steve Vai Evolution pickups and you have the Vai tone in a professional guitar!

Hmmm highway one series is actually made in USA (I think...) so those strats offer a nice value for the money. You should try out them in the store to see how they fit you and compare them to Ibanez guitars...You have to see which guitar (type) suits you best since those two choicees are completely different guitars/categories.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 03:07 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 7 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Hard choice. All are cool smile.gif

Thanks emir =)

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 7 2009, 01:46 AM) *

Thanks =)

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 7 2009, 02:01 AM) *
Hmmm highway one series is actually made in USA (I think...) so those strats offer a nice value for the money. You should try out them in the store to see how they fit you and compare them to Ibanez guitars...You have to see which guitar (type) suits you best since those two choicees are completely different guitars/categories.

Thanks Bogdan .. the only "if" in this guitars is that i don´t get to try them out since they came from germany and i live in portugal but i choose to buy them this way cause they are a lot cheeper than here , the fenders are 200 euros cheaper the ibanez are alot cheaper too =)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 7 2009, 03:20 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Dec 7 2009, 03:07 AM) *
Thanks emir =)

Thanks =)

Thanks Bogdan .. the only "if" in this guitars is that i don´t get to try them out since they came from germany and i live in portugal but i choose to buy them this way cause they are a lot cheeper than here , the fenders are 200 euros cheaper the ibanez are alot cheaper too =)

I see...There are no stores that have these same models in stock so you can try them that way in Portugal and get them online later (and hope guitar that comes is a "good" one)?

If you want nice distortion better go with Ibanez ones, Fenders have single coil pickups so it will be a cool rock/blues distortion - not something for metal (as Ibanez would fit better).

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 7 2009, 03:22 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 02:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 7 2009, 02:20 AM) *
I see...There are no stores that have these same models in stock so you can try them that way in Portugal and get them online later (and hope guitar that comes is a "good" one)?

If you want nice distortion better go with Ibanez ones, Fenders have single coil pickups so it will be a cool rock/blues distortion - not something for metal (as Ibanez would fit better).

Yes there are stores with the same molds in stock i already playd some of the the fender (the 2nd and the 3rd i mentioned ) =) the jem i know a store that was 1 so i will try it as soon as i can go there.. the only ones that i can´t seem to find in stock are the Rg´s :S if the guitar doesn´t came in good conditions i have 30 days to complain =) and if i pay an extre 20 euros i can pay only after the guitar is here (in portugal) so i can see if it´s in good conditions first ..

i´m more into the hardrock metal distortion so i think i will go with an Ibanez .. (my only fear is that i won´t be able to learn how a floyd works , how to tune wiht a floyd , how to restring guitar with a floyd :s )

RG350m Yellow --»» what about this one (it looks really cool )is it good ???

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 7 2009, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 7 2009, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Check out the honey blond Fender yourself live in a store, it doesn't look the same as in the pictures. It looks like plastic to me unfortunatly but check if you like it.
The RG2550Z is a great guitar and the galaxy white is beauuutiful biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 04:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Found a used prestige( RG 2550z galaxy) w/ case =) for 750 euros gona try to talk to the seller =)

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 7 2009, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 7 2009, 05:00 PM
AFIK the Highway 1 Strat will either be a USA made or MIJ. Either way it's a good quality instrument.
If you really want one of those JEM's then I'd recommend buying that RG350 insted. Install a set of Dimarzio Evolution Pickups and 'Hey Presto!!' Instant JEM (Minus a fancy Neck Inlay and 4 scalloped frets).
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 05:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Dec 7 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Check out the honey blond Fender yourself live in a store, it doesn't look the same as in the pictures. It looks like plastic to me unfortunatly but check if you like it.
The RG2550Z is a great guitar and the galaxy white is beauuutiful biggrin.gif

i also noticed that while atching some vids/pics of the fender:S

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 8 2009, 02:47 AM
I like the Fenders, and that oversized headstock is great! wink.gif I have the Malmsteen strat so... The pickups are listed as "hot" so distortion should not be a problem. I always think that the guitar is the important part, then tweaking the pickups and pots, and fine tuning can be done with any guitar. Find the one that suits you the best,and then you have a life time to find your ultimate "tone". cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 8 2009, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Strat and Ibanez models you posted here are quite different guitars, although they share some characteristics. I think you should try them both before buying.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 9 2009, 01:59 PM
Learning Roadie
So i was ablle to talk to the seller of the rG 2550 z galaxy for 750 euros here are some pics of the guitar what do you think (franqly i prefeer the white :S but o don´t mind getting this one =) )

I have also seen loads off jem 555´s for 600 euros and an jemm 777 floral ( looks very ice =)) for 1.200 euros (is this one worth this much ???) (all in 2nd hand )

Wich off the 3 modls do you thind is the best??

Here are the pics of the RG2550z bk:

[attachment=19396:DSCN0111.JPG][attachment=19397:DSCN0112.JPG][attachment=19398:
DSCN0113.JPG][attachment=19399:DSCN0114.JPG][attachment=19400:DSCN0115.JPG][attac
hment=19401:DSCN0116.JPG][attachment=19402:DSCN0117.JPG][attachment=19403:DSCN011
8.JPG][attachment=19404:DSCN0119.JPG]

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 9 2009, 02:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
That Rg looks really nice so 750 Euros is not too much for a guitar in a good used condition. This RG is better than the Jem 555, especially after a pickup change so no competition, take the RG!

The jem 777 is a really good guitar and even better than the RG but keep in mind that it hasn't been produced with the floral look for a long time so that guitar is propably 15 years old or older!! (Marc Maiden's wisdom is needed)
It's a good price for a Jem but make sure it's in a good condition.

Personally I would go for the RG because I don't like Steve Vai^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 9 2009, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 9 2009, 01:57 PM) *
That Rg looks really nice so 750 Euros is not too much for a guitar in a good used condition. This RG is better than the Jem 555, especially after a pickup change so no competition, take the RG!

The jem 777 is a really good guitar and even better than the RG but keep in mind that it hasn't been produced with the floral look for a long time so that guitar is propably 15 years old or older!! (Marc Maiden's wisdom is needed)
It's a good price for a Jem but make sure it's in a good condition.

Personally I would go for the RG because I don't like Steve Vai^^

Thanks zakk i think this RG will be the one =) (the only thing i have aginst it is that it isn´t has pleasing to the eye has i would like but sill it looks pretty nice)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 9 2009, 06:17 PM
you are right on that one zack, the floral is almost like a collectors guitar! its about 15-18 years old!

but if kept in mint condition, this will be very similar to an ibanez J custom. This guitar has some of the best MIJ quality seen on any ibanez, and would be a great purchase and great deal at that price. just make usre everything is working and good!

since ive always wanted a floral, i am biased, but they both are great and you cant go wrong with either

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 9 2009, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 9 2009, 05:17 PM) *
you are right on that one zack, the floral is almost like a collectors guitar! its about 15-18 years old!

but if kept in mint condition, this will be very similar to an ibanez J custom. This guitar has some of the best MIJ quality seen on any ibanez, and would be a great purchase and great deal at that price. just make usre everything is working and good!

since ive always wanted a floral, i am biased, but they both are great and you cant go wrong with either

Thanks a lot Marc i will be sure to check the conditions of the floral...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:48 PM