> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33  
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
HiimAlex
Aug 27 2021, 09:00 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi mate, I am doing good. How are you doing?

Thanks, I will continue practicing then. I felt that as well when I played it that I was not totally familiar with the A chord in this arpeggio.
I am already playing this at the max tempo smile.gif

I miss your video responses, when will you start doing videos again?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2021, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Aug 27 2021, 06:00 AM) *
I miss your video responses, when will you start doing videos again?

By the end of the week! I'm getting back to my studio on Thursday. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 2 2021, 07:11 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gab, how are you? I hope everything is great.

I recorded a new take yesterday for the Goo Goo Dolls part 3 at 80 BPM.
I feel more familar with the chord changes now so I think they are smoother in this take compared to the previous one.

What do you think? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2021, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Wou mate! Your improvement is very noticeable. I have to say that this lesson is not easy because it combines many elements (6/8 meter, uncommon chords, advanced picking pattern), but you are a hard worker. You are getting very close mate.

The chord changes are very smooth, and your groove is improving. You still need to continue practicing and focus on timing. Now that you are comfortable with the chords, put some attention to keep the rhythm of your right hand tight during the whole lesson.

Also, I think that you can start working on a new lesson soon, or maybe getting back to the acoustic solo lesson... what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 3 2021, 11:11 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Wow Thank you so much Gab for all the kinds words.
I definitely agree that is a hard lesson as you say it combines many elements that I am not familar with. I think it is fun that there is some variation in the lesson. Like some parts are arpeggios and some parts are chords.

That is great and fun to hear. Yes now when I listened to my take again I notice that I play often before the beat. I thought it would be easy to play this arpeggio tight since it is same rhythm as the last arpeggio. But anyways I will keep on practicing and pay more attention to the drums.

Yes I agree, it could be fun to work a new lesson. The acoustic solo is very beautiful and fun to play. However it was hard to play it tight but I can't find any other acoustic lead lessons that is level 2 so I think we can get back to the acoustic solo smile.gif
What do you think?

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Sep 3 2021, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2021, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Cool Alex! So please continue practicing the Goo Goo Dolls lesson and get back to the Acoustic Solo. I know that the rhythm of that solo lesson is not easy but if you continue working on it as you've been doing, you'll master it. Go slow, identify the upbeat and downbeat notes and you'll nail it.

Have a nice weekend!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 3 2021, 05:06 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Yes I will do that.

Have a nice weekend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2021, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Sep 3 2021, 02:06 PM) *
Yes I will do that.

Have a nice weekend smile.gif

Thanks mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 8 2021, 05:03 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab,

How are you? smile.gif

Here is a take of Goo Goo Dolls part 3 at 80 BPM. I moved my body more in this take in order to play tighter. and from what I can hear it helps. However in the last 10 seconds I can notice that I rush a bit.

Also I have a new video for Acoustic Solo Part 3. The two first takes are at 55 BPM and then some takes at 65 BPM. I have tried quite much the last days to sing the melody over a metronome rather than playing it. Now when I am listening to the video, it does not seem totally tight.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2021, 12:58 AM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for these new videos.

You sound with much more groove when moving your body while playing the goo goo dolls lesson. Your timing is still not tight, but the overall feel is better so I think that you need to continue practicing like this.

Besides that, it's cool to see you playing the acoustic solo again. It sounds better at 65bpm than 55bpm. The reason is that sometimes slower tempos can be very tricky. Singing the melody is a good idea to understand how it relates to the backing track. Keep on doing it.

As always, your work is very good. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 10 2021, 09:43 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gab,

Thank you for the compliments smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
I remember that it was a lot easier to play tight when I played the acoustic strumming lessons to move my body while playing. I will continue doing that. I think the Goo Goo Dolls take is quite close, it sounds tighter than the last one but still some times I go before the beat. I will continue practice like that.

I have only been singing the melody over the metronome but I can sing it over backing track. I think the middle part is the hardest to play part tight. Do you think I should continue practicing at 65 bpm?

Thanks once again for the encouragement

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2021, 03:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Sep 10 2021, 06:43 AM) *
Thanks for the feedback.
I remember that it was a lot easier to play tight when I played the acoustic strumming lessons to move my body while playing. I will continue doing that. I think the Goo Goo Dolls take is quite close, it sounds tighter than the last one but still some times I go before the beat. I will continue practice like that.

You're welcome mate! smile.gif

Yes, it's not easy to play arpeggiated chords tight. The rhythm pattern is faster and more complex than the strumming ones that you've been practicing.

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Sep 10 2021, 06:43 AM) *
I have only been singing the melody over the metronome but I can sing it over backing track. I think the middle part is the hardest to play part tight. Do you think I should continue practicing at 65 bpm?

I think that it's ok to practice at 65 bpm, and then higher tempos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Sep 16 2021, 08:17 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab, How are you?
Are you home in your studio now? smile.gif

I have been focusing mostly on Acoustic Solo this week.
I have tried out a few different techniques to play tighter such as moving my body more, singing the melody over the backing track and also mute the string with my left hand (In order to more easily hear if I am going tight or not).

Here is the video, I think the first takes in the video is so so but the last 2 takes in it is quite close. Still needs some more practice in my opinion.

And for the Goo Goo Dolls, I have not practiced it as much this week. I have played it a few times and mute the string with my left hand to easier hear if I am going with the beat or not. I also closed my eyes while playing this which could have helped.
I think it is an improvement from last week and from what I can hear, the bass note is almost always tight.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2021, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Yes, I'm back! And it means that video responses will be back soon as well!

As always, your videos show progress, so you are doing a killer job at Gab's Army. biggrin.gif

Good job with both lessons! The goo goo dolls one is now very close. I can notice timing improvements comparing this new takes with the previous one. You just need to keep this one in your daily practice to continue polishing timing. Your technique looks good, and everything else is great. Keep going!

The acoustic solo still has importante timing issues. You tend to rush a bit the melody, mostly the second part of each phrase. It's true that the last takes are the best ones. This means that you'll be able to play this one tight but you need more time to get used to it. I think that you are using the right tricks and methods to work on it. Just keep on practicing!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2021 - 02:16 AM