Rendering
jstcrsn
Apr 16 2020, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
every time I render to a file , the file is not there , if I render to the same place the message says" do you want to rewrite"
there is also this strange line thru reaper and I can not drag the bar to access things as I should , I am sure it is some sort of bug , was wondering if it has happened to anyone else

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 16 2020, 04:31 PM
Open a file on desktop and try rendering it there, maybe you don't have desktop auto-align enabled and itsplacing somewhere off screen? Also share the render menu too if it doesn't work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 16 2020, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 16 2020, 04:31 PM) *
Open a file on desktop and try rendering it there, maybe you don't have desktop auto-align enabled and itsplacing somewhere off screen? Also share the render menu too if it doesn't work.

tried to at both places , also with an incremental render instead of a rewrite (which makes duplicate copies)..right after rendering , at that window , there is an option to "launch" that does not work,but the open in explorer files opens and shows the file , but the file itself will not open

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2020, 12:23 AM
I got locked 4-5 days ago while messing with different sample-rate recorded stuff in the same project. Maybe try any other program like web-browser which might be affecting the sample-rate setting during render.

As usual, if you upgraded the version of reaper try reverting back to an older version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2020, 01:04 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2020, 12:23 AM) *
I got locked 4-5 days ago while messing with different sample-rate recorded stuff in the same project. Maybe try any other program like web-browser which might be affecting the sample-rate setting during render.

As usual, if you upgraded the version of reaper try reverting back to an older version.

I am wondering ,, if I revert back , do you think I will loose all new stuff I have done since the install I choose

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2020, 04:01 AM
WHen you say "new stuff you have done" do you mean new music? you can copy your entire reaper directory if you are saving your stuff there and move it to another hard drive so that you have a back up of it no matter what happens. Sounds like you may need a reinstall. Per usual I'd avoid any updates unless you have a very good reason to update.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 16 2020, 08:04 PM) *
I am wondering ,, if I revert back , do you think I will loose all new stuff I have done since the install I choose

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2020, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 17 2020, 12:04 AM) *

Very unlikely, aside backup also if you have a spare usb stick can install the other reaper as portable version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 18 2020, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2020, 07:03 AM) *
Very unlikely, aside backup also if you have a spare usb stick can install the other reaper as portable version.

this did the trick , I did loose all that I had done since installing the update , but it would not render any of the new stuff anyway, so I would much rather have everything else and computer functioning properly , thanks

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2020, 07:51 AM
Like I always say, never update just to update. Always give an update some time to be "in the wild" so you can read about the bugs in various forums.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 18 2020, 03:46 PM) *
this did the trick , I did loose all that I had done since installing the update , but it would not render any of the new stuff anyway, so I would much rather have everything else and computer functioning properly , thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2020 - 03:39 PM