2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitar Battles, Do they exist or only in the movies?
Gerald
Nov 26 2007, 09:27 PM
GMC:er
I always wondered if there were battle of the band like competitions, but for guitar only. Something ala crossroads, for those old enough to remember that movie. = )

Anyone ever see or hear of such things?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Nov 26 2007, 09:29 PM
ha im young but i love that movie... it was a classic (not the britanny spears one...)!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 09:34 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hit me baby one more time! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 26 2007, 09:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Guitar Battle Videos?! Maybe the 'Operation Ground and Pound' Video by Dragonforce has kinda like a solo duel in it. Or check out Children of Bodom live, there is always a part were the lead guitar and the keyboard are batteling each other.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 26 2007, 10:25 PM
We could organize a battle of guitar on GMC - pick a lesson and see who can shred it the best. smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 10:27 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 26 2007, 09:25 PM) *
We could organize a battle of guitar on GMC - pick a lesson and see who can shred it the best. smile.gif

As long as no instructors aloud or we will all loose laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 26 2007, 10:29 PM
I'll definitely loose since I have a slow hand for soloing.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 10:39 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 26 2007, 09:29 PM) *
I'll definitely loose since I have a slow hand for soloing.

Sounds like someone needs a little Shreducation laugh.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 26 2007, 10:40 PM
Or we could pit instructor vs instructor!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Nov 26 2007, 10:44 PM
Great idea there Gerald! It'd be great to see what instructors could come up with.

Then they could make those recordings into lessons!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2007, 12:11 AM
Instructor
THere is no way to measaure who is the best. AS Clapton stated, being the best is just an ideal. Everyone have an ideal to be the best, but eventually find out that ideal is uncomplishable. But a hell of a motivation smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Nov 28 2007, 03:33 AM
I don't know if they have a House Of Blues bar where you guys live, but in the states they have an open mic night for guitar wars every month.

Then there's a yearly Guitarmageddon competition they host. I think it was renamed to King of the Blues last year though.

Playing there is great practice. I've never won a battle yet, but the experience goes a long ways towards actual gigging.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 28 2007, 09:46 AM
Instructor
There actually are some competition websites on the internet with battle ladders, just like clan fights on FPS games. If you google a bit you'll sure find some of those.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 28 2007, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 28 2007, 03:46 AM) *
There actually are some competition websites on the internet with battle ladders, just like clan fights on FPS games. If you google a bit you'll sure find some of those.

Interesting! I'll have to check that out.

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 29 2007, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 28 2007, 10:46 AM) *

Pavel were you once a competitive gamer?

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 29 2007, 12:26 AM
lol if its like clans in fps.. does that mean there r like shredding clans.. an underground battling guitar ring with like cleans and stuff biggrin.gif.. I can only imagine two guys walking up to eachother in a deserted ally way. shredder 1 says as he whips out his Jem Epic-ly I AM FROM THE WHITE TIGER SHREDDERS.. plays sum powerchord. The other pulls out a black ESP I AM OF THE BLACK LIONS.. then just plays a power chord with a hammer on.. and away the guitar duel goes biggrin.gif.. wud actually be kinda cool to have like a real guitar like ring kinda going with teams and stuff biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 29 2007, 12:27 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 28 2007, 04:08 PM) *
Interesting! I'll have to check that out.

http://www.guitarwar.com

That looks almost interesting- maybe GMC should one day invade and destroy them all- another $5 a month doesnt seem worth it though (at the moment anyway, i am a broke student..)

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 29 2007, 12:34 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 28 2007, 03:27 PM) *
http://www.guitarwar.com

That looks almost interesting- maybe GMC should one day invade and destroy them all- another $5 a month doesnt seem worth it though (at the moment anyway, i am a broke student..)

laugh.gif That's awesome! I would never make it, but it looks like a lot of fun if you know what you're doing!

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 29 2007, 12:58 AM
I think we should make a series/film on it tongue.gif. Not the same as crossroads though something different!

+Quote Post
Arrival
Nov 30 2007, 06:02 AM
A couple of my friends had a drum battle once. Both were pretty solid and it was a lot of fun. Not a bad idea to throw into a gig.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:20 AM