56 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
The Complaint Thread
The Uncreator
Nov 20 2007, 04:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
i replaced the ones on all my guitars a few days ago, man, my ibanez feels so damn good now! playing the neck is like playing warm butter smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 20 2007, 08:56 PM
Instructor
I have 6 packs of Dean Markley's for my RC7 but my guitar is still in the J-Custom shop sad.gif mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Nov 20 2007, 08:56 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 20 2007, 08:59 PM
Lets go fishing!
Awww sad.gif I hope it comes soon!!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 20 2007, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
HM Revenue and Customs just lost the security and bank details of half the people in this country - 25 million people, one disc, missing, they're saying its hackable within a few minutes - no encryption, out in the open somewhere, its the child benefit CD so my name and details are on the list somewhere most likely.

Same government that wants to introduce ID cards and let them have our fingerprints and DNA, insane.

I hate to introduce politics into GMC, but these people are idiots...

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 21 2007, 04:26 AM
Wow, that is just....Bad, does that word even do it justice....?

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 04:51 AM
We lost our soccer game.... we put up a dang good fight tho!!! 0-1... they got a PK

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Nov 21 2007, 07:19 AM
well jumped back in my studio for a few hours today.................put down the guitar......and bass........played drums for 5 hours..............starting to get a good feel going for devil driver.....love them guys........finished off with a cool down of candel box........been a few years sence i have sat behind a kit...but im almost back in shape.............so all in all no complaints .....well one im beat lol....... but gave me a few good ideas for the skate park song ......think im going to change the name from high on a half pipe though..........hard to find good lyrics for vocals im sure somthing will come to me though.......just need to get past this tune.....and start on the next one lol .................un less i just leave a few blank tracks here and there .............that allways goes over good ........yeah couldnt think of anything for song 6 but song 7 is great ...............8 and 9 the same thing ...........but now song 10 you are going to just love it lol laugh.gif

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Nov 21 2007, 07:36 AM
here's my complaint...Italy can't play football at all. Scotland more than deserved to qualify...and that ref...a grilled cheese sandwhich would have been more useful...dammit, 10 years and no tournament for Scotland...this sucks!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 07:38 AM
another complaint for me is that theres no one in the chat room w/ me!!!
Edit: nvm im going to bed

This post has been edited by PacmanProductions: Nov 21 2007, 08:19 AM

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 20 2007, 07:26 PM) *
Wow, that is just....Bad, does that word even do it justice....?

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed still.

QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Nov 20 2007, 10:19 PM) *
well jumped back in my studio for a few hours today.................put down the guitar......and bass........played drums for 5 hours..............starting to get a good feel going for devil driver.....love them guys........finished off with a cool down of candel box........been a few years sence i have sat behind a kit...but im almost back in shape.............so all in all no complaints .....well one im beat lol....... but gave me a few good ideas for the skate park song ......think im going to change the name from high on a half pipe though..........hard to find good lyrics for vocals im sure somthing will come to me though.......just need to get past this tune.....and start on the next one lol .................un less i just leave a few blank tracks here and there .............that allways goes over good ........yeah couldnt think of anything for song 6 but song 7 is great ...............8 and 9 the same thing ...........but now song 10 you are going to just love it lol laugh.gif

DevilDriver are awesome, despite their rediculousness, they are damn catchy!

QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Nov 20 2007, 10:36 PM) *
here's my complaint...Italy can't play football at all. Scotland more than deserved to qualify...and that ref...a grilled cheese sandwhich would have been more useful...dammit, 10 years and no tournament for Scotland...this sucks!

We deserved to win dammit! - It was such a shame, put up a damn good fight though.

My complaint for today?

The weathers bad and I can no longer play music at seriously loud volumes because there are new neighbors who might not appreciate my taste in and for death metal... laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Nov 21 2007, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 21 2007, 11:39 AM) *
Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed still.
DevilDriver are awesome, despite their rediculousness, they are damn catchy!
We deserved to win dammit! - It was such a shame, put up a damn good fight though.

My complaint for today?

The weathers bad and I can no longer play music at seriously loud volumes because there are new neighbors who might not appreciate my taste in and for death metal... laugh.gif

hehe. I got new neighbors once. I put my amp outside, cranked up the volume, and played slipknot. good times, good times.

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Nov 21 2007, 05:51 PM

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 21 2007, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 21 2007, 08:39 AM) *

You should test that theory, blare a few Textures songs there way, im sure they'll love it wink.gif

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Nov 25 2007, 12:15 AM
I think my complaint for the day will be this ............I think this site in general.......well mainly the uploads and comments.........I guess i just dont understand how a person who records somthing with a mp3 player and a mic practicaly breaking all there strings when playing a cord gets rave reviews and how awsome it is and there the best guitar player on the planet.... but someone who put a lil time in getting a good mix...............and a arangment together .....gets realy nothing to be spoken for .......I mean I have never realy seen a instructor give any sort of comment.........on a recording.........to teach any sort of arrangment skills.................or benifits of key changes leading to a more dynamic performance....

I mean dont get me wrong i have seen a few good jobs and keep up the good work.........but lil more then that.........I mean maybee im just looking at this all wrong.........maybee other people feel the same as i do.........I mean after all we are here to learn music skills.........but with out teacher input.........we are kind of just teaching ourselves so i guess that is my complaint for the day........... just to clear things up i like the site........and dont mean to offend anyone.................just my point of view

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 25 2007, 01:12 AM
Instructor
Hey man! I understand what you mean! Here is my little point of view kind of answer: as i say in each of my lessons - i never approach music with theory and as it turns out - most of GMC-ers take theory as number 1 thing in writing music and playing better guitar and end up turning their compositions to mathematics and overused chord progressions. As a result - i stopped commenting because nobody cares. I don't care about theory and you can all see the results of my no-theory approach.

Another thing is - you can't substitute a real life teacher, and i mean a GOOD one, with a guitar website. Website is cool and may be better in some aspects, but it can't replace a real teacher.

"I mean I have never really seen a instructor give any sort of comment"

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but truth hurts: for the low membership GMC charges you, you should be more than happy with the overall help from all the instructors and stuff on the forum. Don't take it as offense or something, it's just how it is. People PM instructors, send mails to instructors, contact them on MSN or ICQ but there is one thing - we all have our lives and we don't get paid for answering mails and PM's, but we still do answer. So i think it does mean something, don't you think?

So just take all you can from the website and be happy with it. I learned to play guitar without any website, so did Muris and others. You have a great source of info here. Practicing and working on it is main thing. Playing guitar is not as easy as it may look.

Stay cool! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 25 2007, 01:46 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The other thing I would add to Pavel's comment is that I don't generally comment on the quality of a recording unless someone asks me to specifically comment on their recording. That's because I don't usually know what kit people have used and as we know that can make a heck of a lot of difference to a first impression. Oddly enough one of the few takes I posted here was done on a poor mp3 recorder and the recording quality was awful - huge resonant mid peak that I couldn't do anything about at the time rolleyes.gif .

Getting a good recording mix though is a big topic that Kris is conscious of and I hope me and others are helping to work with you all to improve. One of the things I hope to be able to do in the near future is to let people upload their mixes on to my 'lessons' for constructive feedback about the mix (not the guitar playing). Similarly Juan posts his lessons on recording with CoolEdit along with mine. So maybe these will help address this?

I haven't done it yet as for me most of my studio went walkabout with my wife October/November and is only just reappearing rolleyes.gif . Also (excuses, excuses, I know tongue.gif ) I need to balance out all my professional commitments so that I don't shaft anyone on a turnaround of a project.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM
hey pavel sorry didnt mean to get you to rusteled up......but i can see your point....I should have excluded you cause you allways seem to have great views on everything and are not afraid to voice your opinion......... and that my friend i admire,,,, yeah as you say the truth can hurt........but from my view point well so be it............I think it kind of gives you a think outside the box approach.............much the same as the math side of music....

I can also see your point about commenting on recordings because............your right in most cases comments are taken to heart felt and not much on learning side of life...........but at the same time people also have to understand if you want to make it in music ...................you are going to hear alot worse things laugh.gif

But you are right after all it is a website..........for fun........and btw........you sweeping lessons are probly the best around from any site i have been to...............I guess it was a lil thoughtless of me.............not to remember all the emails and pms everyone gets.........and have to respond to

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 25 2007, 02:43 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 24 2007, 04:12 PM) *
i never approach music with theory and as it turns out

+1

Theory for me comes last when i write something, even then i only use it when absolutely needed wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 25 2007, 03:01 AM
The other women in my life are eating away my time with Jane tongue.gif

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 25 2007, 06:31 AM
Hmmm, this is why we need mind control wink.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 25 2007, 09:19 AM
I've gotten a strain injury in my right arm, it fucking sucks...

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

56 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:02 AM