2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Chat Now Live!, Get ready to chat all night!
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2007, 10:59 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

You should now be seeing a chat icon in the upper right corner of the forum - click it! wink.gif

We are still testing the chat feature - and haven't yet decided whether to have it open 24/24. But if we get a nice atmosphere I can't see a reason why we wouldn't...see you there! biggrin.gif

Kris

edit:
We have decided to make the chat log files available somewhere on the board - so that people can go back and read chat sessions they missed! Also this will hopefully be yet a reason for people to behave in there - which is a must if we are to keep the chat.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2007, 12:49 PM
GMC Founder
hehe awesome - I just chatted with jolke and Moorkoop! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 8 2007, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
I was looking forward to keep an eye on the chat while at work but it seems like I can't connect from work sad.gif
I really hate company policies wink.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 8 2007, 02:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I just had a chat with Mattucuk - this is great!

A small problem is that we now have to relearn who everyone is because it uses our logins to identify us instead of our screen names smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: May 8 2007, 02:55 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2007, 03:02 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 8 2007, 03:55 PM) *
I just had a chat with Mattucuk - this is great!

A small problem is that we now have to relearn who everyone is because it uses our logins to identify us instead of our screen names smile.gif

Aha! We had the same problem with the lesson comments - I'll report it and hopefully we can get if fixed asap.

Let me know if there are any other bugs! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
May 8 2007, 03:43 PM
No problems here Kris biggrin.gif

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 8 2007, 04:01 PM
Lets go fishing!
yeah the Live chat was pretty cool. Thumbs up for me! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 8 2007, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 8 2007, 01:35 PM) *
I was looking forward to keep an eye on the chat while at work but it seems like I can't connect from work sad.gif
I really hate company policies wink.gif

Me too. Probably runs the chat on a non 80/443 port. I'm too lazy to check. (gotta switch to an admin account, run netstat, etc)

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 8 2007, 05:04 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 8 2007, 11:26 AM) *
Me too. Probably runs the chat on a non 80/443 port. I'm too lazy to check. (gotta switch to an admin account, run netstat, etc)

It says ports 9000-9009 ... not very firewall friendly unfortunately ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2007, 05:06 PM
GMC Founder
OK - we just had another,awesome , chat! biggrin.gif

We have decided to make the chat log files available somewhere on the board - so that people can go back and read chat sessions they missed! Also this will hopefully be yet a reason for people to behave in there - which is a must if we are to keep the chat!

Kris smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
May 8 2007, 05:12 PM
One more suggestion.

It would be nice if the chat room opened in a new window. That saves people from having to open their browsing and navigate back to the forum if they want to view messages while chatting.

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 8 2007, 06:22 PM
Instructor
I am in chat right now - pretty cool! It's a shame you can't be in two chat rooms at the same time! Not even by using 2 separate browsers.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 8 2007, 09:27 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
Those of you who have had firewall problems might want to test again now. For at least some of you, it should work now! cool.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 8 2007, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
after mine loads, its says invalid username or password, but i dont see anywhere to type it in?

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Marco
May 8 2007, 10:25 PM
Great new feature!

QUOTE (JCJXXL @ May 8 2007, 06:12 PM) *
One more suggestion.

It would be nice if the chat room opened in a new window. That saves people from having to open their browsing and navigate back to the forum if they want to view messages while chatting.

On my browser (using Internet Explorer 7) I could right click on the chat icon and then select open in a new window. So the chat was opened in a new window. Don't now if you mean this, but hope it helps.

Greets

+Quote Post
Suib
May 9 2007, 01:17 AM
I dunno, my computer just may be messed up but i can't get into it. It's just at the loading screen for like 25 minnuites. Did anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
May 9 2007, 03:38 AM
QUOTE (Marco @ May 8 2007, 04:25 PM) *
Great new feature!
On my browser (using Internet Explorer 7) I could right click on the chat icon and then select open in a new window. So the chat was opened in a new window. Don't now if you mean this, but hope it helps.

Greets

Hi Marco. Thanks for tip. I did know that but I am not using IE7. I enjoy the speed of my browsing as it is. smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 9 2007, 08:05 AM
QUOTE (Suib @ May 9 2007, 02:17 AM) *
I dunno, my computer just may be messed up but i can't get into it. It's just at the loading screen for like 25 minnuites. Did anyone else have this problem?

Yes, that's what I get from work when behind a restricted firewall.

QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 9 2007, 09:03 AM) *
Yes, that's what I get from work when behind a restricted firewall.

Wow, correction! That's what I get in Firefox from work. In IE7 I can connect now.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 9 2007, 09:58 AM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 9 2007, 09:05 AM) *
Wow, correction! That's what I get in Firefox from work. In IE7 I can connect now.

Could you do us a favour and try it again in Firefox? We did some changes yesterday night (swedish time), which might be the reason that it works for you now.

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 9 2007, 10:33 AM
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ May 9 2007, 10:58 AM) *
Could you do us a favour and try it again in Firefox? We did some changes yesterday night (swedish time), which might be the reason that it works for you now.

Wow! "Root Admin", that title got some weight biggrin.gif
Status right now is:
From home, no problems in either browser.
From work, behind corporate firewall, IE7 works, Firefox doesn't. It never leaves the "Loading.." text and animated bar.

Personally this is not a real issue. Also I have a gazillion addons to Firefox like adblock and NoScript. The settings for those looks OK but I can't rule out that it's some plugin thats messing it up for me.

Any help? Hardly smile.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:30 AM