> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Pourliver's Guitar Race
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2012, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Hey there Pourliver!

I am happy to welcome you to your own spot for learning smile.gif I would like to start by asking you to tell me a few things about your current level, goals and such. Also, if there's anything recorded - audio/ video - please let me take a look/ listen so i can better understand where we're at wink.gif

Cheers mate

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 23 2012, 06:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi Cosmin ! biggrin.gif

First of all, thank you for creating this thread! smile.gif

My favorites bands are Megadeth, Stratovarius, Kalmah, Imperanon, and lots of other neo classical band. I don't know why, but I really love classic song played at little bit heavier, like Turkish March on guitar, and your awesome Mozart rocks orchestra smile.gif.

Well, about my level, I played guitars for 3 years now. I had guitar classes at school, but it was really basic things, Chords, power chords, thats all. Now, I tried to learn by myself for 2 years, and I got really better. Actually, I think I'm a really good rhythm player, staccato, palm muting on the low strings and things like that aren't hard at all for me. Meanwhile, I have a pretty good AP technique, but I can't change string. I can play stuff like Wasted Years intro really easily, but like I said, string change / skip is damn hard for me. I just learned my Inside picking 2 weeks ago, and thats a damn good challenge.laugh.gif I think that my average lesson level would be 4, but I'm not sure as I never tried a level 5 lesson.

Actually, I would really like to be able to use every string on my guitar, while playing any technique. I would like to learn how to improvise over a backing tracks, learn some scales, and theory in general ( I know nothing at all dry.gif ) .

At the moment, I have nothing recorded that sound really good, every time I record myself, it's like one more challenge. It's harder to focus on what I'm doing while recording. By the way, I can only record audio ( I'll try to get a webcam / camera soon )

I think I've said enough about me, if you have any other question, go for it man tongue.gif

My native language is French, I know my English isn't perfect, but I'm doing my best wink.gif

EDIT: I won't be able to record this weekend, I don't have my guitar with me, I'm not at home smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jun 23 2012, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 01:11 PM
Instructor
Salut! Je peux parler Francais aussi wink.gif un pettit mais, je crois que c'est peut etre util biggrin.gif

Well biggrin.gif I am speaking french only when my step aunt is around and otherwise, I got nobody to use my skills on tongue.gif anyway, I suggest we divide the time into a few categories:

1) Technique - we can deal with alternate picking and legato to start with and I shall focus on string changing wink.gif
2) Applied theory - all sorts of examples meant to help you with understanding a specific concept and the way in which it was applied
3) Ear training - all sorts of exercises with which you can help your ear evolve in such a way that it will serve you in your musical journey - be it improvising or writing or playing with other people smile.gif

How much time a week can you dedicate to guitar playing mon ami?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 24 2012, 06:16 PM
Salut! Sa pourrais être utile un jour smile.gif

Well, I would say I could play for 2-3 hours a day , so around 15 hours / week smile.gif
These categories looks good, but I never really played legato, only once at Ben's Vchat, so my legato level is around 1 laugh.gif

I have a question for you, were can I find a downloadable metronome ( .mp3 or .wav ) to put on Reaper and record over it ?

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 25 2012, 06:48 AM
I still won't be able to record / play today, another day without my dear guitar sad.gif

Today a strange question came in my mind , can you learn guitar without being able to play ?

Cya later man, have a nice day ( 01:50 a.m here, I need to get some rest ) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
No problemmo mate! Rest and write me back when you are ready smile.gif you can use online metronomes if you want. They are everywhere biggrin.gif

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

how about this one? smile.gif

Tell me man, when are you getting your axe back? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 25 2012, 07:54 PM
This one is perfect smile.gif

I'm getting my axe back tonight, in 5 hours biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:56 PM
Instructor
Ah great! Well, then I'll be waiting for your materials, so we can start wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 25 2012, 11:34 PM
I'm back, my axe and I are ready to RAWK ! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jun 25 2012, 11:38 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Alright man smile.gif let me see what you got wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 26 2012, 06:40 PM
I recorded this for Gabriel, what do you think about it ?

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/finnish-power-metal-ii-sonata

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 26 2012, 11:13 PM
What do I need to record for you ? AP, legato, rhythm playing ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Hey man! You seem very tight when playing rhythm wink.gif I like that!

Now, I am curious to see how you are faring with the other things we have spoken about, so, I was curious if you would like to start like this - I will find a lesson which is lead oriented and you record it so that I may see what level you're at smile.gif

I was thinking about this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/

Let's try the first part - I want to hear you bend and vibrate wink.gif

rock n roooolll

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 28 2012, 01:25 AM
Hey Cosmin ! biggrin.gif

This lesson was really awesome to play. It's really full of emotions and feeling in it smile.gif

I messed up a bit on the chicken picking and my last bend wasn't loud enough. It's my first time playing something like that, with small bends and vibrato, but I think it wasn't that bad. smile.gif What do you think ?

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/the-voice-of-your-guitar-part

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
wink.gif This is not bad, but you played the bends - such as the one at 0.6 a bit different - listen to the original take and see what's happening smile.gif the notes in the bend are being changed faster than the way in which you did it.

Try to get the details, as these make the difference wink.gif and let's discuss further!

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 29 2012, 07:37 AM
Hey Cosmin! I've watched the video a bit more and louder, and I see now that I've skipped the pull off at 0:04, and I did my bend too slow, now I just need to get my pull off right after the bends, I don't know why, but I'm messing up that part when practicing.

By the way, can you help me to improve my tone for this lesson ? It sounds very bad laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif That's the spirit wink.gif ALWAYS look for the details ok?

Now, tell me what sort of device are you using for the tone?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 29 2012, 08:12 PM
I'm using my Line 6 Spider iv amps smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2012, 08:07 AM
Instructor
Ok, so, what sort of corrections do you have? If you have bass, mid, highs and gain, it would be great.

I would go somewhere like 10 o clock with the bass, 9-10 o clock with the mids and 1 o clock with the highs. Also, add some delay and reverb in the mix and it should be good. Now, all amps behave differently and these are only assumptions of mine, but try them and let's see what happens smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 2 2012, 02:16 AM
I have all these, but I don't have delay on my amp, and I have no pedal at all :/

I won't be able to record audio for a week, I'm at my father's house and I forgot my 1/4 " to 1/8 " adapter sad.gif

I'll try to come back with an almost flawless take in a week smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 2 2012, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:00 PM