Need More Rythm!
savier1985
Jun 24 2007, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
hiya guys,
First of i just like to thank all the teachers on this site for all your great lessons, this is the best guitar site on the web, ive only been a member for about a month but you have taught me so much already! But.....hehe sorry thier has to be a but.....with all these great riffs and licks ive learnt aswell as apply them to my lead playing, i still feel i lack quite severly on my rythm guitar skills! so it would be awesome (and im sure alot of ppl will agree) if we could get some really solid rythm guitar lesson s on this site! cus at the end of the day its gonna really help with your lead playing aswell aint it! so come on guys throw some power chords at us! lol smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
MY GUITARS

GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD
IBANEZ S470DXQM
IBANEZ NDM2
IBANEZ AEL40
FENDER DG-5
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 24 2007, 02:51 PM
I agree! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Boggi
Jun 24 2007, 02:55 PM
I agree. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Norven
Jun 24 2007, 03:05 PM
I agree. smile.gif

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 24 2007, 03:12 PM
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 24 2007, 03:12 PM
i agree biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jun 24 2007, 03:31 PM
indeed

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jun 24 2007, 04:24 PM
Agreed * 10^8 times. smile.gif

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 24 2007, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie
I was thinking the same thing last night while listening to one of the backing tracks. I need to have something to practice that I know will help with my rythm guitar playing.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jun 24 2007, 07:30 PM
Yea we really could. I think they should add some punk rock lessons which would really help improve peoples rhythm.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 03:03 AM
i agree laugh.gif

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 25 2007, 03:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Signed. The most important thing for GMC to do next, IMO.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 25 2007, 03:48 AM
I agree

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
kebsis
Jun 25 2007, 04:03 AM
I just joined today, but I agree too!. I have trouble keeping up Kris and the other teachers when it comes to soloing but I'm sure they have plenty they can share as far as rythm goes.

Edit: They could make it a James Hetfield lesson

This post has been edited by kebsis: Jun 25 2007, 04:04 AM

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 25 2007, 04:05 AM
QUOTE (kebsis @ Jun 24 2007, 10:03 PM) *
I just joined today, but I agree too!. I have trouble keeping up Kris and the other teachers when it comes to soloing but I'm sure they have plenty they can share as far as rythm goes.

Edit: They could make it a James Hetfield lesson

Thats an idea

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jun 25 2007, 04:08 AM
hey.....just wanted to let you know for about 250 bucks you can get a Fender G-Dec amp that has all sorts of drum beats and guitar effects and a loop ets etc......it helped me with my rhythm so much over the last few years. Kris i think once said that you need to be able to play licks slow\fast without differentiation in timing. This amp makes that tedious metronome practice fun with great effects and pre set drum\bass\etc settings....just thought id let you know....also it has a crappy speaker but can be played thru pa or headphones and sounds great thru either

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fen...nter?sku=480868

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 04:25 AM
ive been wanting a Dave Mustain riffs lesson, that would be very helpful because i need to come up with great riffs to write on my own and im having trouble with it.

I agree.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ibanex
Jun 25 2007, 05:45 AM
I agree too, but maybe not with the powerchord part. smile.gif

+Quote Post
spdalton
Jun 25 2007, 12:01 PM
I definately agree.
I mean the solo guitar lessons kick ass! But some rhythm lessons would be great as well.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:16 PM