2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What's To Much ?
MickeM
Nov 14 2009, 09:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 14 2009, 06:09 PM) *
hanven't lost those things yet, but got seven kids- where would she go - heck i couldn't afford child support

sounds to me you should spend MORE time on the guitar laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 14 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 14 2009, 03:53 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I had the same thought but couldn't talk myself into posting it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 15 2009, 02:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 14 2009, 05:54 PM) *
this simple - what is to much practice

when you're not progressing

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 15 2009, 03:55 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 14 2009, 09:53 PM) *

i think you might be right - i'm only lucky they can't eat my guitar wink.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Nov 15 2009, 10:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
In my opinion, there's no definitive answer to this.... you will have to define overtraining based on your goals and other priorities surrounding you. If guitar practice overshadows and affects the results/outcomes of your other higher priorities, then you may be overtraining (in terms of time spent). In terms of overtraining and not progressing skill-wise is another story and there are experts on this forum who can comment on it better than me.

But...in my experience, every discipline/ art has an aspect of "over training" associated with it. People take breaks when they feel overtrained, for some this means not playing for a day, for some a week... But most come back strong from it... And that's all that matters..

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 15 2009, 01:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I guess if you keep up the focused practice regime there is no too much practice! You could in theory practice all day, but you need to include lots of brakes, water,food and rest in it. But if you feel any pain - stop as it means you had too much practice so there is "too much practice" after all I guess! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Nov 15 2009, 02:00 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:31 AM