Joe Introduction Thread, Your goals for following 3 months
Pedja Simovic
May 28 2010, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Joe,

Feel free to tell me as many things as possible about your playing and knowledge. Audio and/or video of your playing could also help. I am looking for specific goals (short and long term) so that I could create proper plan for you smile.gif

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe
May 28 2010, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
Pedja,

I'm hoping we can continue on where we left off three months ago. I would like you to push me to really grow my rhythm guitar skills. I feel like that is the main thing dragging down on my overall level of playing right now. We can work on some voice leading stuff, more inversions, modal progressions, more chord substitution, perhaps now is the time to start learning some sweep arpeggios too. I'd be interested in working with some harmonic/melodic minor stuff, I've only done aeolian minor, maybe now is the time to break out of major scale harmony?

We were last going over some pentatonic superimposing stuff, and triad inversions across the neck.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo, Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V '67 RI

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 31 2010, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Joe !

We covered some great things in our last MTP and you did great work with assignments. I expect the same approach from you this time around. You shouldn't have any problems as I will pace you carefully with workload. We will work on theory and harmony, chord vocabulary, improvising and technique. I am still in doubt about your 1st assignment - thinking between chord vocabulary and technique. What would you like to deal with 1st? smile.gif

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe
Jun 1 2010, 01:45 AM
GMC:er
Chord vocabulary please smile.gif That'd be great. I would like to cover some technique eventually too.

--------------------
Gear: Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo, Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V '67 RI

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 1 2010, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Assignment will be posted later today, thank you for your patience! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:27 AM