> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Treydeschamp's Metalcore Training Program
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Hey there mister Trey biggrin.gif this here is YOUR thread wink.gif feel free to use it and we can start with you telling me a little bit about what your musical goals are and if you would have some recorded materials, that would be even better smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 18 2012, 05:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Cosmin! Thanks so much for the help!

I honestly want to progress my skills to a higher level. I want to build the speed that it takes to play metalcore style solo's such as newer Children of Bodom or even Bullet for My Valentine style speed.

Along with that I want to being more accurate with my rhythm playing. It is a huge goal for me to start a band once I get to college just for fun but to do this I know I'm going to have to progress.

Once I get home tonight I;ll make a video for you to analyze where I am at.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 18 2012, 11:02 PM
Well, here goes nothing!

I already see mistakes in my timing.

I had to rush this video out because I have to head out to my father's house soon. The second little bit is a Bullet For My Valentine song I used to mess around with. Of course, I messed it up! tongue.gif

But hey, I'm learning here right?

Hopefully this gives you a little bit of an idea where I'm at.

P.S. Sorry for the end. I kind of didn't realize I kept going. I was messing around with speed runs before I made the video (I know, it's not that fast!) but still. Like I said in the video, "I need to work on bends."

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: May 18 2012, 11:02 PM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2012, 11:37 AM
Instructor
Hey there Trey, I can't see the vid, man sad.gif can you try uploading the link again?

thank you

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 19 2012, 01:20 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2012, 05:37 AM) *
Hey there Trey, I can't see the vid, man sad.gif can you try uploading the link again?

thank you

Cosmin

Sorry man, I tried to embed it. I'll just post a straight link and go from there.

Thanks man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vUQ6WssnFI

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 19 2012, 07:25 PM
So after practicing a beginner lesson and having some difficulty with it I just decided to go ahead and be honest.

I'm at a beginner level.

Also, I don't know much about theory so I'm really starting fresh. I have been trying to learn the notes of the fretboard though. Hopefully that will help me some.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 05:44 PM
Instructor
My friend, you don't sound like a beginner smile.gif at all. You got great tone and a very precise right hand - great timing and good tightness. You have a pretty good foundation for everything here smile.gif Now, what you need, is a bit of arranging things wink.gif

I think that we should divide our practice schedule into:

1) Technique - what's your favorite? And besides that articulation - bending and vibrato of course biggrin.gif
2) Phrasing - analyzing lead lessons which contain interesting phrasing elements.
3) Rhythm - riffing will do for starting out
4) Theory - the language you need to speak tongue.gif

These should be the starting points wink.gif now, after you tell me if this is ok with you, I shall choose a few lessons I want you to look over and start learning for each of the points stated above wink.gif

In the mean time, any music/ guitar/ life related question can help out and if there is an answer I can provide, I'll most gladly help wink.gif

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 20 2012, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 20 2012, 05:57 PM
That sounds awesome man!

As far as techniques the one's that I really want to start learning are:
1. Hammer-ons and pull-offs- eventually I want to work my way to some point of shred.
2. Sweep Picking- same reason as the last
3. Power Chord sliding- I'm just not very good at switching fast between certain power chords and sliding. I'll either slide too far, are too short.

I'm very open to ALL techniques though!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Great! Let's get to work than, shall we? wink.gif

I got two assignments for ya:

For hammer on/ pull off development - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...r-22-Hammer-On/ don't look at it like it's easy smile.gif I suggest you perfect it so that we can start from the bottom up, as healthy as possible with building your technique wink.gif

For power chord sliding - here's one which will work wonders wink.gif https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Staccato-Power-Chords/

Let me know what you think and let's rock!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 21 2012, 04:27 PM
You gotta start somewhere right?

I'm down with those lessons. To be honest that lesson that you gave me from Ben has actually been on my mind.

The reason why I was worrying about the power chord slides is because of the Metal for Beginners lesson 1 by Pavel. That intro kicks my butt! I've been working on that and I just cant get that intro.

Anyway, I'll get to practicing those tonight! It might be a few days before I have a good take up due to this being finals week.

Thanks Cosmin!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Nothing to it my friend! I'm here for ya wink.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 21 2012, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Nothing to it my friend! I'm here for ya wink.gif

Thanks man!

Also, I have a question. My video recording equipment is not that great but I do have a POD GX so that I can record through RockBand on my mac.

Is it okay if I throw some soundcloud links your way sometimes rather than video?

The only really good video recording material I have is my iphone but it's a hassle to set it up click a backing track and record. It also messes up my timing.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Sure mate wink.gif no sweat, whatever is good for ya smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 21 2012, 04:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2012, 10:38 AM) *
Sure mate wink.gif no sweat, whatever is good for ya smile.gif

I think I can get that hammer-on/pull-off lesson down by tomorrow but I'm not going to rush it.

Expect to see something from at least that in the next 2-3 days.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 21 2012, 11:51 PM
So much for the next few days tongue.gif

I got home a learned the lesson fairly quickly. I think I did well although I can see where the very last note on the first section screwed up a little (I couldn't get it to ring out).

I uploaded it to the REC board. Check it out and tell me what you think!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 22 2012, 02:48 AM
Also, I'm going to do another take of that hammer-on lesson because I know it isn't perfect but I wanted to get feedback quickly so I uploaded it to the REC (i'll probably do the same with the next).

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2012, 10:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Trey smile.gif congrats again on a good take man! What you need to focus on for this one:

- equal attack for each note - that means that all your notes should have the same intensity in this case - regardless of the fingers used wink.gif
- the timing was good but you hesitated slightly in some points smile.gif

In my opinion, you must send a bit more time practicing this lesson and then taking it out to parade, so that it may be perfect!

let's see the next one wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 22 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh I plan on it! The hammer-ons are so hard when there is no gain backing it up.

However, I know once I get it down it will sound great!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2012, 11:01 PM
Instructor
wink.gif that's why I chose this lesson first - NO GAIN... biggrin.gif without the proper pain laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 23 2012, 12:28 AM
So your a jokster tongue.gif I can tell it is going to make me better, even if it is a beginner level lesson.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:02 PM