Pickups Help Please Quickly
Ryan
May 26 2007, 12:54 AM
GMC:er
just got my new guitar today..biggrin.gif but just wondering do i pull the plastic off the pickups..not for real sure...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 26 2007, 02:06 AM
I would, but im no pro guitarist, i dont see any reason to keep plastic on your guitar, unless you want it to look bad. What guitar did you get by the way?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 26 2007, 03:02 AM
lol..well itook the plastic off anwyas...lol..but i got an Ibanez an Rg series...Rgr 521 Ex2 to be exact biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 26 2007, 03:19 AM
Very nice Ryan, congrats, hows she play? Next guitar i get will most likely be an Ibanez, as long as it has a tremolo bar smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
May 26 2007, 05:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 25 2007, 06:54 PM) *
just got my new guitar today..biggrin.gif but just wondering do i pull the plastic off the pickups..not for real sure...

Ryan, from one new guitar buyer to another. I saw that plastic on the new ones at the store and people were taking them down, plugging them in and playing them. I wondered the same thing about the plastic protective coating, but then I thought that can't be right. It's just to protect it from the UPS/FED EX drivers who throw things every where and the guys in the back with box cutters.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Rock
May 26 2007, 06:10 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 26 2007, 12:54 AM) *

Hey Ryan. Congrats on the new guitar. I would remove the plastic. It's just to protect them in the store from people scratching them so they will still look new until someone purchases. Kind of like the white film they put on the top of the cars to keep the bird crap from eating at the paint. Not sure I would keep that on either blink.gif It definitely keeps it looking new though. I dropped my guitar off a few weeks ago for some minor work and they freakin left a few scratches on the stainless pickup covers. Nothing anyone would notice unless they look really close, but since I paid 7 bills for my geetar I would expect I should be the one leaving the first scratch if at all.

+Quote Post
Rock
May 26 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 26 2007, 03:02 AM) *
lol..well itook the plastic off anwyas...lol..but i got an Ibanez an Rg series...Rgr 521 Ex2 to be exact biggrin.gif

Is that the one with the white swirls on the black body and the barbed wire on the fretboard?

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 26 2007, 10:19 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yeah, rip all the plastic off. The only guitar I've heard where the plastic was there for a purpose over the pu's was for a Dean Dime signarure model but I don't remember why that was... I'd probably rip it off there too.

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 26 2007, 11:28 AM
cool guys thanx..and it plays great biggrin.gif, way better than my fake strat tongue.gif, and yes that is the one iwth the swirls but mine are gold swirls, and it has a grimreaper, with the scythe,and some vines for the inlay biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
moles
May 26 2007, 01:45 PM
woa!

pics plz biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:34 PM