3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Tolek Mtp Thread, mentoring Valentino
Tolek
Jan 21 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (valentino @ Jan 21 2009, 05:45 PM) *
Hey mate!

Seem like I have a really big problem with fingers independience. mad.gif

The index finger issue comes by this, I'll make a video with an exercise to show you the problems I have, so maybe we need to spend some time to correct it.

Ok, here is the video...

Hi!
You do one big mistake: you keep your fingers in the frets even if you don´t need them. Here´s a video again. smile.gif

It´s just a matter of time. Your brain has to get used to playing guitar. You´ll see that in a few months the things that you did not that good in the last weeks will seem obvious for you. If you like, you can practise these lessons on Finger Independence. They should be really helpful.

QUOTE (valentino @ Jan 21 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Heeyy!!

Here is the video of the lesson. When I play the fingerpicked strings in my amp they sound ok, but when I plug it on the soundcard sounds like they are muted, I tried changing the equalization but seems to be a problem with the high frequecies input.

I spent a lot of time practicing the finger independence, so today I only did the actual lesson mellow.gif

This was a bad day mate sad.gif

I hope you got a better day than me

That take was perfect. smile.gif It´s just a pity that you have problems with the EQ. Could you maybe upload a take where you play through your amp so that I can hear your hybrid picking? smile.gif

I have a bad day, too. I´m tired the whole day, I overslept in the bus so that I came home later than usual, etc. laugh.gif

Everyhing´s clear?

Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
valentino
Jan 21 2009, 09:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 21 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Hi!
You do one big mistake: you keep your fingers in the frets even if you don´t need them. Here´s a video again. smile.gif

I did purposely to get used to not move a lot the index finger when I move the other fingers because when I move them I separate the others from the fretboard. I wasn't doing the warming up exercises smile.gif

I'll try the lessons.

Sorry for your bad day mate.

I can try to play with the amp, but I don't know if the microphone is good enough to do the job tongue.gif

Cheers!

Valentin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If somebody finds a slice of finger call me please, surely is mine

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 21 2009, 11:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very good initiative, valentino! It´s good to add your own ideas! This time it wasn´t an effective way to improve finger independence. I´ll try to do a plan for you with those exercices in it. smile.gif

Bad days come and go. smile.gif

It doesn´t have to sound excellent, I just want to hear the volume of those notes.

Good night!

+Quote Post
valentino
Jan 22 2009, 08:18 PM
Hey there!! smile.gif

I'm doing the first 2 videos of this lesson to improve finger independence
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...independence-I/

When I do the first one I don't find any problem, but when I do the second I find problems. First when I fret with the little finger on the low E string I mute the A string, I must work on doing a gentle arc to avoid the muting. And another issue is my ring finger (and a bit the little finger too), I find very hard to move it down alone so I need to practice it.

Well, now the videos.

The sweep motion is going well, but I practise it with Am and C chords so I can concentrate in the sweeping.

And here's the blues video. With the amp and the micro the high frequencies sounds better, but they still sound low though in the amp sounds ok, so maybe is a sound card problem mad.gif

I feel better today cause I'm finding the parts I really must practice.

Cheers!!

Valentin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 22 2009, 09:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey mate!
About your videos I haven´t to say anything. They´re very good. You can try the blues lesson at a higher speed now. As you already play that bluesy riff pretty well, we can move to the next one which sounds even nicer! smile.gif This one has a walking bass which is a pattern in the bass that you transpose when changing the chords. In this example we have on the chord E: E E G G# B B B C# E. We transpose it a perfect 4th higher and we get on the chord of A (which is the IV degree of the E Major scale and which is a perfect 4th higher than E): A A C C# E E E F# A. The same counts for the V degree of the E Major scale which is B: B B D D# F# F# F# G# B. Actually, Ivan added some other notes to the bass line to make it a bit more singing, but I think that it should be clear with this example, or am I mistaken? smile.gif Here are the tabs for video number 6:

|--3-|  |--3-|  |--3-|  |---3--|   
Q E Q E Q E E E E
------------------------------------|
--2----2----------2----2--2------2--|
--2----2--2----2--2----2--2h--4-----|
--0----0--3----4--------------------|

|--3-| |--3-| |--3-| |---3--|
Q E Q E Q E E E E

Q E Q E Q E E E E

Q E Q E Q E E E E

|--3-| |--3-| |--3-| |--3--|
Q E Q E Q E E E E
-----------------------------------|
--2----2----------2----2--2-----2--|
--2----2--2----2--2----2--2--4-----|
--0----0--3----4-------------------|

Q E Q E Q E E E E

Q E Q E Q E E E E

Q E Q E Q E E E E

Q E Q E Q E E E E
--4----4----------4----4--4-----4--|
--4----4--4----4--4----4--4--6-----|
--2----2--5----6-------------------|

Q E Q E Q E E E E

|--3--| |--3--| |--3--|
Q E E E E E E E E E
----------4--------3--------2-----|
-------------3--------2--------1--|
-------4--------3--------2--------|
----------------------------------|
--2-------------------------------|
--0-------------------------------|

|--3--| |--3--|
E E E E E H Q
--0--------------2-------------|
--0--------------2-------------|
--1--------------2-------------|
-----------------1-------------|
--------0--1-----2-------------|
-------------------------------|

I also add a video for you that gives you advice on the finger independence:

If you still have problems or something is unclear, let me know!

I feel better today cause I'm finding the parts I really must practice.

Glad to heat that! smile.gif It´s very good to see the own mistakes. This skill and self-critique are a perfect match to become a good guitarist!

See you,
Tolek

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 25 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there!
I want to excuse myself. I didn´t have the time this weekend to arrange a plan for you... sad.gif I think that I´ll have to do that today or so.
Keep practising the lessons we affronted a bit. This week we are going to see a new one, so don´t hesitate to post videos! We have to move on!

Cheers,
Tolek

+Quote Post
valentino
Jan 26 2009, 01:36 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 25 2009, 10:30 PM) *
Hey there!
I want to excuse myself. I didn´t have the time this weekend to arrange a plan for you... sad.gif I think that I´ll have to do that today or so.
Keep practising the lessons we affronted a bit. This week we are going to see a new one, so don´t hesitate to post videos! We have to move on!

Cheers,
Tolek

No problem mate!

I haven't had time this weekend to do anything. The only productive thing I did was a jam session with my cousin. I was in his house all weekend.

I keep practicing, as always smile.gif

Cheers!

Valentin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 26 2009, 10:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (valentino @ Jan 26 2009, 01:36 PM) *
No problem mate!

I haven't had time this weekend to do anything. The only productive thing I did was a jam session with my cousin. I was in his house all weekend.

I keep practicing, as always smile.gif

Cheers!

Valentin

Hi!
You had a jam session? Awesome! When doing this, you get so much experience... Very good! smile.gif

Week N°3 has already begun and I have to introduce you to the next lesson. However, I want you still to practise the Blues Groove Lesson and the Finger Independence Exercices. Details will follow with your practise plan. I chose the Tarantella Rock Lesson by Joe Kataldo. "Tarantella" means "spider" in Italian and is a folk dance which time signature is mostly 3/8, 6/8 or 12/8, it depends on the song.
Start by learning what notes you have to play while taking care of the rhythm. At first very slowly. If you posted a video tomorrow, it would be very good, I could immediately correct you!
This lesson starts in E natural minor (very short) and changes later on to E harmonic minor (the leading-tone (=7th degree) is D#). The second part of the lesson starts in G Major which is the relative Major scale of E minor and it ends in G Major, too. There is nothing special, harmonically speaking, just a modulation to the relative Major scale, as I said.

I´m looking forward to the video, my friend! smile.gif

Cheers,
Tolek

+Quote Post
valentino
Jan 28 2009, 08:52 AM
Hey mate!

I'm not posting videos, but I keep practicing. Hope today I have time to record a video.

I'm having a very busy days, but I always have time to pick up the guitar and practice a bit.

Cheers!!

Valentin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 28 2009, 07:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there!
Glad to hear that you are still alive. laugh.gif As you have busy days, I know how you feel. How much time do you have left for practising now? I have to know this for structuring your plan if you still want one.

I hope to see a video from you today!

Cheers,
Tolek

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 31 2009, 03:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Valentino? Where are you?

+Quote Post
valentino
Feb 2 2009, 06:56 PM
Hey mate!!

I'm really really sorry man, I got some family problems that needed attention and I got a little time to practice.

Now a couple of videos.

First one is the second blues lesson you gave me.

This take is 80bpm

I know, the fingering is horrible, but I find hard the thumb and index finger position while freting 2 strings and move the other fingers.

The second one is the first 28 seconds of the Tarantella lesson

This take is 90bpm

Of course there are thousands of things to correct, but I didn't got time mate. I'm really sorry man!

I hope you're not upset by the absence.

Valentin

This post has been edited by valentino: Feb 2 2009, 07:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 2 2009, 09:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Valentino, my friend! I am so glad to see you back again. smile.gif I thought that something happened... Good luck with your family problems. I know that they´re very unpleasant and difficult to solve. You should really concentrate on them, family is the most important thing in life, imo.

I´m going to comment your videos tomorrow because I´m not feeling well now, sorry. I´m a bit sick... sad.gif

Take care!
Tolek

UPDATE 3.2.2009: Still sick. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 3 2009, 10:13 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, here I am! Full of new energy that the success in the MTP brought me. smile.gif I´m still sick, but on the good way of recovery. Sorry for the delay.
I just made a video for you that explains your issues. In general, they are: palm muting (position), alternate picking (used a bit too less) and Hammer-On/Pull-Offs problems. Here it is:

If you have any questions, let me know. smile.gif

I´m off to do my homework for tomorrow... Music harmony! biggrin.gif It´s much, so I think it´ll be a long evening. tongue.gif

See you soon,
Tolek

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 5 2009, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 10:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Update: the video is on. smile.gif

+Quote Post
valentino
Feb 9 2009, 07:57 PM
Heeyyy!!

How are you mate?

I have 2 videos...

First 1 is the blues. There are a couple of fails blink.gif hehehe.

and this is the tarantella trying to correct the problems I got before.

I hope you are totally recovered smile.gif

Cheers!!!

Valentin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello valentino! smile.gif
Glad to see you back with two videos. I hope everything is a bit better now in your house... mellow.gif

QUOTE (valentino @ Feb 9 2009, 07:57 PM) *
First 1 is the blues. There are a couple of fails blink.gif hehehe.

As you said, there are some fails, but just very small ones. smile.gif The only thing that is a bit weak are your hammer-ons. You should try to hammer-on a bit harder and faster. Like in karate, as I told you before in the video. smile.gif Do you need again a video explaining it briefler? Also, in the part where you use hybrid picking (which was very pleasant, actually), you should accentuate the bass note which is every time the first note of the beat.
All the rest was good, you corrected the issues I mentioned and you look and sound more professional now. I am satisfied. Good job! smile.gif

and this is the tarantella trying to correct the problems I got before.

I´m glad that you went a bit further with that lesson! Can´t wait to hear the final version. Well, everything was pretty good. In the beginning, I still can hear the D string that you hit accidentally (I think I forgot to mention that, sorry). An exercice would be to practise only that part over several minutes while focusing to hit only the G string. A bit annoying, but very effective! wink.gif

I hope you are totally recovered smile.gif

Cheers!!!

Valentin

Well, not totally yet. I´m still expectorating heavily. biggrin.gif But when I see your new corrected takes, I´m immediately feeling better. smile.gif
I hope that you get more time for playing guitar, soon. I like seeing your progress! smile.gif

See you soon,
Tolek

(Sorry that there´s no video. It´s late and I think you don´t need one for those few details, you surely know what I mean! smile.gif And I have to prepare for my Spanish test tomorrow! laugh.gif If you really want one, just let me know. No problem to make one tomorrow!)

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 9 2009, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 15 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Valentino!
I just wanted to ask how you were. Is everything alright? I´m a bit worried about you. sad.gif

I hope that all your problems will dissapear. smile.gif

Cheers,
Tolek

+Quote Post
valentino
Feb 23 2009, 05:57 PM
hey mate!!

I' sorry for the absence. Things at home are backing to normality but I am buying a new car and I spend free time going to a car dealer to another looking for best prices. Very stressful mate, but we are living crissis time, and every euro is important!! tongue.gif

I hope to have the final price this week cool.gif

And I hope this week I can find some time to practice.

Cheers!!!

Valentino

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 23 2009, 06:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey mate!
I´m so glad to hear from you! smile.gif And I am happy that things went out well.
Good luck with practising!

Tolek

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:07 AM