2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Announcement: Mtp Re Organisation!
Chris Evans
Jul 30 2009, 01:16 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hey GMC:ers!!

after some long consideration, we`ve decided to change the format around on the current MTP in order to open up the program and make it available to more/all members.

the Mentor programs will be lead by GMC Instructors and there will no longer be a competition based picking process, simply apply in the new thread (that I will be posting shortly) with a short demonstration video and the Instructor of your choice that you would like to be mentored by.

The video will serve two purposes,
1) Show the mentor your current playing level/ability so he knows where your strengths and weakness`s are
2) Demonstrate that you are able to produce video for the duration of the program.

We will try wherever possible to place you with the Instructor of your choice, however, not all Instructors may be available, and some Instructors will only be mentoring 2-3 members at any one time (a maximum of 5 members per Instructor will also be the ceiling level)

At the moment, Muris is already full with his MTP group, however, you can still request to join Muris at a later date, (if any present Muris mentorees wish to stand aside due to other time commitments to allow someone else to take their place for a three month period then this could be arranged and they may rejoin Muris again at a later date)

We`ll work this on a first come first served basis, but do not despair if your chosen Instructor is "full" we are looking at a 3 month turn around.
(for example) if 10 members initially wish to be mentored by Ivan Milenkovic the first 5 to sign up for him will have a three month MTP period, after then, the next 5 members will be able to join Ivan, then, after this 3 month period the original 5 members can re join Ivan, but they will need to put in this request to rejoin immediately when they finish their time with Ivan, (ie. rejoin the que)

(I`m hoping this is making sense! laugh.gif)

Because the Instructors work with members on an individual basis this is open to all levels of ability from beginners to advanced.

So, if you`d like the opportunity of being mentored by an Instructor theres no better time!! get your vids up fast to ensure your place smile.gif

note: the exsisting MTP`s can carry on as normal and anyone wishing to become a mentor can do so also, just drop me a PM to discuss.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edguy
Jul 30 2009, 01:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Wooooooooooooohooooooo smile.gif,

now it's official. I really want to join in. I have no problems to record a video so where is the Upload thread smile.gif. But there is only one problem smile.gif We have sooo many good instructors i am overstrained to choose one smile.gif. When Pedja get his own instructor board i want to choose him as a mentor.

So when i should upload a video??

Greetz Edguy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 30 2009, 01:28 PM
I`ll post an uploads thread in a little while, you can post your vid and Instructor request there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 30 2009, 01:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Excellent news Chris! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 30 2009, 01:39 PM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif

Im recording a video later today if I may? smile.gif Emir...... ? tongue.gif

Recorded, wheres that upload thread Chris?biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jul 30 2009, 01:47 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 30 2009, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I really hope Lian is avalible

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 30 2009, 04:56 PM
Chris, when is this looking to start?
Thanks for the great opportunity!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 30 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Chris,
I'm gonna go ahead and step aside and let somebody else have a chance to work with Muris. I've been working with him for 5 months now and I don't feel it is fair to other GMC'ers who want to work with Muris to not have the chance because I am being selfish. This has been a GREAT opportunity for me. I had one goal when I started MTP with Muris and that was to have him help me get some much needed AP chops. Mission accomplished......although I still have a long ways to go. smile.gif My AP is 100% better than it was when I started. It took Muris all of 1 upload from me to point out the flaw in my technique that was holding me back all these years. I'll post in my MTP thread an let Muris know. So Muris has at least one slot available for whoever is interested. Hopefully I can rejoin down the line if Muris has room. Thanks to Muris and thanks to GMC for this awesome program....... smile.gif \m/\m/

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jul 30 2009, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 30 2009, 05:27 PM
That's a good thing Lcdds, you've earned your karma for the coming month haha:D
I bet alot of people are happy with this opportunity!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Jul 30 2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Chris.

This is the announcement everyone was waiting tongue.gif

I am just a little puzzled about the queue thing unsure.gif

How do we know if a particular instructor will be available for MTP and how many people he will be able to mentor? And if we are on the queue for instructor X, can we move to be mentored by instructor Y?

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 30 2009, 07:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Fantastic news chris, I suppose i can just re-post my MTP application video???

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 30 2009, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great news ! Hope everybody realizes this opportunity to learn from the great staff here !!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 30 2009, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 30 2009, 04:56 PM) *
Chris, when is this looking to start?
Thanks for the great opportunity!

well, we`ll leave it for a bit, at least a week, by the looks of the applications so far this is going to proove very popular! smile.gif

Then we`ll sit down and work it all out, hopefully it will not be too long smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 30 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Chris,
I'm gonna go ahead and step aside and let somebody else have a chance to work with Muris. I've been working with him for 5 months now and I don't feel it is fair to other GMC'ers who want to work with Muris to not have the chance because I am being selfish. This has been a GREAT opportunity for me. I had one goal when I started MTP with Muris and that was to have him help me get some much needed AP chops. Mission accomplished......although I still have a long ways to go. smile.gif My AP is 100% better than it was when I started. It took Muris all of 1 upload from me to point out the flaw in my technique that was holding me back all these years. I'll post in my MTP thread an let Muris know. So Muris has at least one slot available for whoever is interested. Hopefully I can rejoin down the line if Muris has room. Thanks to Muris and thanks to GMC for this awesome program....... smile.gif \m/\m/

hey, thats really cool of you mate, I`m glad you`ve accomplished at least one of your goals, and I bet Muris will be stoked to have helped you with that, you will of course be able to rejoin Muris further down the line, no question smile.gif

QUOTE (Gus @ Jul 30 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Hey Chris.

This is the announcement everyone was waiting tongue.gif

I am just a little puzzled about the queue thing unsure.gif

How do we know if a particular instructor will be available for MTP and how many people he will be able to mentor? And if we are on the queue for instructor X, can we move to be mentored by instructor Y?

Dont worry too much about who is or who will be taking part etc, just put down your main choice of Instructor, if your particular chosen Instructor is full then the first option we will do if there is open spots elsewehere is to ask if you`d like to join another smile.gif

for now, just post your vid and state your Instructor choice, we`ll sort it from there smile.gif

QUOTE (sted @ Jul 30 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Fantastic news chris, I suppose i can just re-post my MTP application video???

absolutley, just the vid with your choice of Instructor is good enough smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 31 2009, 11:30 AM
Great,
got 4 weeks of summer vacation left so, bring it on, and of course I will carry on after summer vacation, just saying, I would love to start in the vacation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 31 2009, 12:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi !

I have several instructors I'd like to be mentored by. One of them is Marcus Lavendell, but isn't he slightly inactive at the moment ? I guess I'll have to consider which instructor I'm going to choose ! biggrin.gif

Is it possible to link to my REC / Wiki profile for the video ? There should be 5 videos up there soon, which would be quite indicative of my level as a player... ? smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 31 2009, 12:01 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 31 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Great,
got 4 weeks of summer vacation left so, bring it on, and of course I will carry on after summer vacation, just saying, I would love to start in the vacation.

absolutley! maximise your playing time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 31 2009, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Awesome to see such a great turnout for new MTP in just one day!
I expect great things from it and am very excited to start with all my students smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DenisN
Jul 31 2009, 01:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Great! can't wait for it....I hope it won't be too late to apply in 2 weeks?...I'll be on vaccation for the next two weeks so, no Internet etc smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 1 2009, 01:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
These are great news! MTP will be so helpful for students! I recommend everyone that have recording abilities to sign up!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2009, 02:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
As you already know I have signed up and hoping to re-find my passion and dedication for guitar playing, if I get chosen. I think it's a great step to re-organize this, and I am sure a lot of people will benefit from it.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:20 AM