2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Amplitube Problems
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2015, 04:18 PM
GMC:er
That would be my bad, too many tabs open at once in my browser!! Great suggestions on pc build from BOGDAN smile.gif 8 GB is a very good idea BTW smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 17 2015, 05:14 AM) *
I think Todd was referring to this other thread where I have posted PC suggestions for a fellow GMCer, check it out here and chime in there if you need any further info smile.gif

Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=53718

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 17 2015, 10:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, if the Amplitube was a piece of hardware it would be seriously thrown out of the window by now. I uninstalled ASIO4ALL and set everything to the VS20, Amplitube wouldn't work at all so I reinstalled ASIO4ALL and now I can't get Ampliube working with my DAW at all, I managed it before, admittedly with lag but, I now can't even experiment grrrrrrrrrrrr mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Phil

Time sucking piece of s&!£ sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 18 2015, 03:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
I would probably download\fix all your downloads( Make sure everything has been updated) .
I took a quick look at the vs 20.Did it come with a download with its own driver( if there is a specific driver- it would be better than the asio for all) http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=d...ads&p=VS-20, and if so there should probably a short cut that lets you bring up the settings on the vs 20- this is were you should adjust your latency( around 128 should be good latency without stressing your computer

Also check to make sure everything has been downloaded in the same format that matches the computers format (32 bit or 64) this can cause problems

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks I'll have a look in a couple of days, it's sucking too much practice time. What's odd though, I had it working with latency, uninstalled asio4all, couldn't get it working, reinstalled asio4all and still can't get it working unless I use it as standalone. I've built loads of computers and have found over the years that sound seems to be one of the strangest things to fix.
Cheers
Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2015, 03:03 PM
Couldn't resist fiddling rolleyes.gif This sort of thing presents you with a challenge that ignites your "I won't let it beat me" mindset doesn't it.

Anyway it's sorted now thanks. I had downloaded the 64bit drivers but for some reason I hadn't installed them. I've got no noticeable latency now biggrin.gif

Not got time to give it a good try though, got a lot on today and possible this evening.

Cheers folks.

I'd still be keen to know what do you think of this but with the 8gb ram upgrade http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-3570k-4.2...ing-bundle.html or maybe this http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-4670k-ove...k-bundle.htmldo you think there would be a noticeable improvement across the board and is it a little bit future proofed?

They've got loads here and it's confusing http://www.awd-it.co.uk/components/cpu-mem...rd-bundles.html

Thanks again for all of your help.

Phil cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 18 2015, 03:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2015, 08:10 PM
Live and learn smile.gif It's all part of the process. I"m a "Mac Guy" so I thankfully have very little of this kind of thing eating away at my practice/writing time which is a good thing since said time is often squeezed!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 18 2015, 10:03 AM) *
Couldn't resist fiddling rolleyes.gif This sort of thing presents you with a challenge that ignites your "I won't let it beat me" mindset doesn't it.

Anyway it's sorted now thanks. I had downloaded the 64bit drivers but for some reason I hadn't installed them. I've got no noticeable latency now biggrin.gif

Not got time to give it a good try though, got a lot on today and possible this evening.

Cheers folks.

I'd still be keen to know what do you think of this but with the 8gb ram upgrade http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-3570k-4.2...ing-bundle.html or maybe this http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-4670k-ove...k-bundle.htmldo you think there would be a noticeable improvement across the board and is it a little bit future proofed?

They've got loads here and it's confusing http://www.awd-it.co.uk/components/cpu-mem...rd-bundles.html

Phil cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2015, 08:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 18 2015, 03:03 PM) *

Cheers folks.

Phil cool.gif

Hi Phil - great to hear you did it! smile.gif
I'm also like you and when I start fiddling with something, even though I know it is eating my time, I can't stop doing it until I get it done/working. I had a relatively recently a situation similar to yours but with video card drivers and card not working in video editing software, it was nightmare to solve.

Could you please past the links to PC's again, for some reason the ones you've posted can't be opened.

I have managed to open this link:
http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-4670k-ove...-4k-bundle.html

...and here are my impressions the one above:

- This CPU is meant for overclockers. This means pushing CPU speed with some settings in the computer. The original speed of the CPU above is 3.4 GHZ and it is overclocked to 4.2 ghz which feels doable for this one BUT. This bundle only includes CPU+motherboard+CPU cooler+Memory. You'll need to already have a strong power supply (600 watts recommended as minimum) for a stable overclocking.

- You'd need to use the add on and go with 8 gb of memory as minimum for smooth audio production needs (the more RAM you have, more plugins in recording software you can load without any issues)

- Overall, above CPU is considered very good as it can be overclocked to impressive speeds and as such should stay competitive for quite some time on the market. There is a question though if the investment is worth it (as an example that CPU is usually part of killer gaming rigs) and "K" versions of Intel processors are always more expensive (K - stands for unlocked processor which can be relatively easily overclocked).

What is your present PC configuration?
If you could share some details, I could look into what kind of benefit of upgrade you could have and maybe suggest some smoother upgrade options as with the bundles they have on that site you basically need to throw out your old CPU, motherboard and RAM (or sell them). Sometimes just upgrading to more RAM would do the trick and it is a smooth and cheap upgrade (I just upped my computer's RAM and everything runs smoother).

My general advice is if you already have low latency and good recording performance - don't change anything smile.gif
Also, getting an awesome audio card (for example RME Babyface) can sometimes be a better investment.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks Bogdan,

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz 9-9-9-20

MSI H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) (CPU1)

I do have a poswerful power supply, 800w or more if I remember correctly.

Here are the links again.

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-haswell-i5-4...-bundle-en.html (With 8gb ram)

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/components/cpu-mem...rd-bundles.html

Would I be better spending money on more ram and an SSD? I know the SSD won't improve recording performance but I'm just thinking of getting one anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2015, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 18 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan,

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz 9-9-9-20

MSI H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) (CPU1)

I do have a poswerful power supply, 800w or more if I remember correctly.

Here are the links again.

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-haswell-i5-4...-bundle-en.html (With 8gb ram)

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/components/cpu-mem...rd-bundles.html

Would I be better spending money on more ram and an SSD? I know the SSD won't improve recording performance but I'm just thinking of getting one anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Phil

Thanks for details and links Phil.

Your computer is pretty solid for audio production as it is. I'd maybe just add 4GB of RAM to it.
Ram is displayed as 668mhz but that is usually systems weird way of displaying RAM which is working on 1333 mhz.

What kind of benefits you'd like to achieve?

For example, if you'd like to have your operating system booting extremely fast as well as decrease applications loading time - SSD hard drive investment is one of the best you can make. It makes any computer feel fast and snappy due to regular hard drives being a bit of bottleneck vs SSD high speeds.

What I'm more particular to hear is what kind of audio production benefits you'd like to achieve?
Which issues are you facing?

For example, when I record projects I would load up tons of VST instruments and max out my RAM quickly and also puts a bit of pressure on the CPU which results in hearing lots of crackling noises while in playback. In these cases I need to increase the buffer size to be able to work with the project (+higher latency). In this kind of use, performance is also affected by the quality of the audio card.

If you'd just like a general PC upgrade, from the site you have listed - this option feels the best to me (personally) :

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-i5-4670k-ove...-4k-bundle.html

...price is identical to this one : http://www.awd-it.co.uk/intel-haswell-i5-4...-bundle-en.html

but the 4670K bundle features faster RAM and more flexible processor. With 4670K, you can always run it stock without overcloking it (to avoid potential overclocking troubles such as CPU cooling, power supply quality/power etc). If you have a power supply at least 500-600 watts you should be good.

p.s. please know that I'm slightly biased towards 4670K CPU as I have been eyeballing one for a long time now, just for general audio/video production but also for its famous great performance in Flight Simulator X game. I'm aviation enthusiast smile.gif

On the given site, I'm not seeing any other upgrades which are justifiable by their price in relation to what you already have (in terms of getting a noticeable upgrade).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 19 2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks for everything Bogdan,

I think I am going to buy that bundle with 8gb ram and an SSD, my recording is going well now, just need to learn how to get the most out of Amplitube.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 22 2015, 08:33 PM
Hello Bogdan,

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the bundle you recommended and also one of these http://www.awd-it.co.uk/corsair-force-lx-2...d-f256gblx.html

Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, otherwise it will be on Monday. Tomorrow would be good as I can use the weekend to get it installed and fine tuned cool.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 23 2015, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 22 2015, 08:33 PM) *
Hello Bogdan,

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the bundle you recommended and also one of these http://www.awd-it.co.uk/corsair-force-lx-2...d-f256gblx.html

Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, otherwise it will be on Monday. Tomorrow would be good as I can use the weekend to get it installed and fine tuned cool.gif

Cheers

Phil

Congratulations on the purchase Phil, that is a monster computer and should serve you well for at least next 3 to 5 years, esspecially when it comes to music production smile.gif

For the best benefit of ssd, you should install the OS on it as well as frequently used software. Other data can be stored on the regular drive in order to conserve space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 23 2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks Bogdan,

I'm putting Win7 64bit and all programs on it and redirecting "my documents" "my pictures" and "my music" to a 1Tb sata drive, or at least that's what I'm thinking unless you suggest otherwise wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 24 2015, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2015, 11:26 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan,

I'm putting Win7 64bit and all programs on it and redirecting "my documents" "my pictures" and "my music" to a 1Tb sata drive, or at least that's what I'm thinking unless you suggest otherwise wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

Sounds like a good plan! smile.gif
You should try to conserve as much space as possible on SSD because Windows folder will grow on its own over time.
Of course, to have the benefit of ultra fast access speed you should have all programs you use often installed on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2015, 07:10 AM
I put an SSD on my LAPTOP and it was the best upgrade ever. Made the entire system feel twice as fast! Enjoy!! To give you some idea of the INSANE SPEED these drives can pull off. Here is a quick grab of a drive speed test. Roughly 400 Megabytes Per Second read and write smile.gif

Say goodbye to any problems related to disk speed smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2015, 06:26 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan,

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 24 2015, 02:56 PM
biggrin.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2015, 06:44 PM
WOW, finally built the new PC. This thing is so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click on the icon to open Word and it is open before you look up at the screen from looking at the icon cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
I've just order Fibre Optic Broadband too wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

One very strange thing though, I have an Excel document that I've been compiling for is suddenly responding slowly when putting the data into a graph. Weird.

Anyway, I don't use it much, I'll get to the bottom of that.

Awesome, I will never go back to the old drives, can't wait until SSD 1TB become a decent price biggrin.gif

Thanks for your advice gentlemen cool.gif .

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 1 2015, 06:51 PM
Congrats on a new PC build Phil, it is surely a beast and will serve you well for years! smile.gif))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2015, 07:04 PM
The only thing I didn't think about was that it is a Micro ATX board so not many fan sockets, in fact just one other than the CPU fan. It is sitting in a Lian Li V2000 case and looks lost laugh.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:55 AM