Beginner Lessons, Beginner+ lessons
Kapto
Jun 17 2008, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
Hi all.
This post is about some of the "beginner lessons". I can't help thinking that a few known guitarists in some pop,punk,rock bands couldn't even play some of them which is kind of a bit frustrating . So, should them be called Beginner+ or advanced beginner tongue.gif (lol) or something?. Just a thought nothing else smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah it's all a bit unfair, being a techniqually good guitarist isn't, especially in the main stream genre, not the most important thing. There the most importanting is your appearance dry.gif
Mostly simple riffs are the most fun to listen to, for someone who doesn't play an instrument tongue.gif
Just think of riffs as "smoke on the water" everyone can play it, but it still a great song.

I guess there is a hughe difference between being a songwriter and being a good guitarist huh.gif But I really hate it when people who don't play guitar think that the guy who made up these simple songs, is a better guitarist then par example a super techniqual guitarist.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 17 2008, 09:24 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I agree with you both. I personally would rather be respected as a "musician" before a guitarist but I still work hard at being the best player I can be. Some of these famous guys must just be content sticking with their half ass riffs. Oh well they'll never know the great feeling you get after you tackle licks for days and days, that final moment when you pull it off.....it is like no other. Their loss

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Kapto
Jun 18 2008, 12:56 AM
I do understand. Please don't get me wrong on this. The topic I started is about the Beginner lessons for the GMC'ers. The second part is just a thought that comes up to my mind. No offense to anyone. For the record my 10 top albums ever hardly contain much of shredding or none maybe some moderate fast licks here an there that's all.
Some of the beginner lessons I've come across go beyond that skill to me.
Thanks for your reply guys.
Keep rocking

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 18 2008, 04:21 PM
Instructor
I'm working on RHCP style rhythm lesson. Stay tuned wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 21 2008, 12:24 AM
Instructor
it doesnt mean if you dont play metal or fast riffs thats you are a begginer .
so each style has own creativity
in my opinion if you want to be a good musician you have to pass almost styles

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:52 AM