Song Idea.
Jouve
May 5 2013, 11:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys. I've been messing around with this chord progression - for me it sounds a bit Black Sabbath inspired.
It's without bass and vocals yet.
What do you think about the sound and drums?
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/sabbath-09

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 5 2013, 12:13 PM
GMC:er
Sound very good to me mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2013, 02:06 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, those vibrated notes - such as the ones around 0:05 - 0:06 - are they intended to sound a little, teeny tiny little out of pitch? I am asking out of pure curiosity biggrin.gif The idea has potential and if it were a bit more aggressive, it would be kin to some Pantera oriented riff biggrin.gif What do you intend to do with it mate?

+Quote Post
Jouve
May 5 2013, 02:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for commenting guys.
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Hey mate, those vibrated notes - such as the ones around 0:05 - 0:06 - are they intended to sound a little, teeny tiny little out of pitch? I am asking out of pure curiosity biggrin.gif The idea has potential and if it were a bit more aggressive, it would be kin to some Pantera oriented riff biggrin.gif What do you intend to do with it mate?

No, they aren't. That's mah fault dry.gif
I want to complete this track - write vocs and a bass + to add 1 verse and chorus and then go double time in metallica's style wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2013, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for sharing your idea here! I think that the riff sounds very cool. The drum rhythm fits perfect with the riff so I think that everything is going well. I would try this same idea a bit faster, maybe 3 or 4 bpm just to know how it works. I know that the intention is slow stoner but maybe it could sound cooler... just try it. We do this all the time with Cirse's songs as we are finishing the pre production. Sometimes finding the correct tempo makes a song work.

Looking forward how this idea evolves! Keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2013, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ May 5 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Thanks for commenting guys.

No, they aren't. That's mah fault dry.gif
I want to complete this track - write vocs and a bass + to add 1 verse and chorus and then go double time in metallica's style wink.gif

Well, keep us updated and let's see how it turns out wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 6 2013, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Ha ha! biggrin.gif That was my first thought as well smile.gif Like that solid punch idea. You could also add some violins and would be a nice piece of Nightwish smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:15 PM