Meshuggah Style Collaboration, Sign up thread
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
Hey everybody!! On this new collaboration we’ll work on a backing track in the style of the swedish band, Meshuggah. The track is in F#m and it’s divided in Part A and B, with rythmic and melodic variations in each other but staying in the same tonality. In this particular collab can participate students from all levels, because approaching the fact that the tonality isn’t changing, you can work every variation inside the F#m tonality (Pentatonic, Natural Minor, Harmonic or Melodic, Scale modes, etc)
I am currently working on a lesson on this backing track that will be upload next month, stay tuned!

Tempo = 160
Key = F#m

The ending line is April 28th

Attached File  Meshuggah_style.mp3 ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 370

Meshuggehrs' in:

1 - Karl-ss
2 - Wilska
3 - Todd
4 -

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Santiago Diaz Garces: Apr 17 2010, 06:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Apr 16 2010, 04:14 PM
Instructor
I tried to listen to the backing but it only plays like 2 seconds, I wonder what it is.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Apr 16 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I tried to listen to the backing but it only plays like 2 seconds, I wonder what it is.

Hi Daniel, I just check it from here and works perfectly, please check again and tell me what has happened

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Apr 16 2010, 04:30 PM
When will signups be? Cause im DAMN interested in joining!

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Apr 16 2010, 04:32 PM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 05:26 PM
QUOTE (Karl-ss @ Apr 16 2010, 05:30 PM) *
When will signups be? Cause im DAMN interested in joining!

You are in!!

+Quote Post
Wilska
Apr 16 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm also very interested but i've never participated in a collaboration before. When's the deadline and what/where do I send in?

--------------------
------ Wilska's Gear ------

Guitars: Gibson Flying V Faded '67, ESP Ltd Alexi 600, Jackson Kelly KE3
Pickups: SD Blackout, Emg 81/85
Amp: Krank Rev Jr Pro
Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90
Recording: Blackstar HT-DistX, Line6 Pod X3 Live
Pick: Dunlop Jazz III XL black, Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14 and 1.40
Strings: GHS Boomers 10-52, Rotosound 10-46

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 10:15 PM
The deadline is April 28th. You can upload your take in a thread that I'll open in a minute. If you want, I can add you on the list of participants

+Quote Post
Wilska
Apr 16 2010, 10:16 PM
Please do! Looking forward to this!

--------------------
------ Wilska's Gear ------

Guitars: Gibson Flying V Faded '67, ESP Ltd Alexi 600, Jackson Kelly KE3
Pickups: SD Blackout, Emg 81/85
Amp: Krank Rev Jr Pro
Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90
Recording: Blackstar HT-DistX, Line6 Pod X3 Live
Pick: Dunlop Jazz III XL black, Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14 and 1.40
Strings: GHS Boomers 10-52, Rotosound 10-46

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 17 2010, 02:00 AM
In! Looking forward to your take wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2010, 06:12 AM
I''d love to collaborate on this! How did you get that mp3 file to upload to GMC? I'm a staff instructor here and I can't seem to upload files directly. I always have to do an embed.

Todd

QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 16 2010, 10:51 AM) *
Hey everybody!! On this new collaboration we’ll work on a backing track in the style of the swedish band, Meshuggah. The track is in F#m and it’s divided in Part A and B, with rythmic and melodic variations in each other but staying in the same tonality. In this particular collab can participate students from all levels, because approaching the fact that the tonality isn’t changing, you can work every variation inside the F#m tonality (Pentatonic, Natural Minor, Harmonic or Melodic, Scale modes, etc)
I am currently working on a lesson on this backing track that will be upload next month, stay tuned!

Tempo = 160
Key = F#m

The ending line is April 28th

Attached File  Meshuggah_style.mp3 ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 370

Meshuggehrs' in:

1 - Karl-ss
2 - Wilska
3 -

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 17 2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks for participating Todd. You have to attach the file on the reply page. If you still can't, you should contact to Kris. He's the one that can tell you what's wrong

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:38 PM