My Try At Trond's Slow Soloing Lesson
Fran
Oct 5 2008, 09:35 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just finished recording Trond's slow soloing lesson, lots of bendings in there, which I'm still trying to control. See how you guys like it, let me know what you think of it.

There's one specially hard bending on the e string which I'm afraid my finger is still not strong enough to achieve (I believe it goes further than the usual full tone bending, feels like 1,5 tones to my ears!).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  trond_slow.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 289

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
I have listened to it and I'm not Trond obviously. He is spot on with everything but this is a really hard lesson and definitely will improve your bends. I'm awful at this lesson lol so you did a really good job. Some of the bends need a bit of extra work to get spot on every time and you have the odd bit of noise when catching other strings but on the whole it was pretty good. Just get more control with bends. Keep practicing over and over and you will nail this lesson and get an amazing bending technique for all other lessons smile.gif

I'm not an expert though and this is a lesson I'm awful at. My bends need lots of work. You did a great job in my opinion. With a bit of work on it you'll get it there smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 5 2008, 09:59 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 5 2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks O.C., I appreciate your input smile.gif I'll keep practicing it as part of my routine, there are a lot of bends indeed, and my muting technique is far from good.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 10:08 PM
Bending is a crucial technique but far from the easiest. I think I need to keep practicing this lesson a lot to get my bends sounding spot on smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 9 2008, 11:47 AM
Instructor
Sorry for being a bit late to reply! Was away for a few days.

I think you did good on this one too smile.gif Some bends are a bit shaky still and the timing goes off at times, but this can all be overcome with some more practice smile.gif

But all in all, good job biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 9 2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks Trond, I keep practicing it every single day. One of the things I have a hard time is getting your tone, which is awesome.

I record through pandora px5d using either a high gain or a UK modern amp simulation with high gain, high bass & high eq settings, plus a compressor simulation. Still it doesn't sound quite as good as I'd wish, but I guess the tone is in the fingers too, plus you use active pickups... too many things!

I really like the tone you get with that jackson soloist, though I guess a good chunk of that tone comes from the amp.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 19 2008, 11:56 PM
does that pandora have speaker emulation?It doesnt sound like it has in this recording-has that harsh trebly sound

I havnt seen tronds lesson on this,but you sounded fine

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 20 2008, 12:03 AM
Do you mean cab emulation? It has cab emulation, but I guess I'm not really good dialing in tones. It always sounds quite digital to me, I'm sure it can sound better, I just don't know how laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 20 2008, 05:45 AM
Instructor
to me it´s a great take fran well done wink.gif as trond said, pay attention on bends but I think you´ll resolve this so fast!
keep on practicing man! cya!

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 07:55 AM
Try some of the other cabs as even with speaker emulation(or cab as you call it)in the chain it can sound like it hasnt got any!I know this from using the Digitech 2120's,I had to mess around with the settings to get a more authentic guitar tone

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 4 2010, 03:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Great! smile.gif Certainly more notes than I can hit right now! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 4 2010, 04:08 PM
Hahaha! This thread is two years old guys! cool.gif

It's been a while since I last practiced this lesson, got to give it a try again tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 4 2010, 09:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I was hoping to squeeze another take from you. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 AM