7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Irrational Fear Of Terrorists?
AK Rich
Jun 18 2016, 10:12 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 16 2016, 08:39 AM) *
And here ya go smile.gif Quick pic detailing which states actually require background checks at gun shows smile.gif In my state, Georgia, NO bacground checks required. It's the states that DO NOT require background checks that I am personally opposed to. The states that DO require them, (as in the video you shared) are doing just fine IMHO smile.gif

[attachment=44753:checks.jpg]

Youtube doesn't always make a great "source". You can find vids to substantiate nearly any view. Also, in many cases the folks making a given video leave off the bits that go against the argument being made, as in the vid shared. sad.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 17 2016, 06:23 AM) *
AKRICH: (from crsns cnn link, citing 20% of all sales being private) "The use of the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System) however is not required for private sales of firearms, which make up about 20% of all firearm transactions. A Democrat-backed bill being discussed in Congress closes this loophole (the gunshow loophole), requiring background checks for all gun transactions, even private ones. This would extend background checks to purchases made at gun shows and on the internet."

1.)I'm for not allowing anyone on a NO FLY LIST to buy a weapon until they get off the list, and of course providing a legal way for them to challenge the list. Just seems pragmatic IMHO.

2.)I'm for requiring the exact same procedures that are required in gun shops, to be required at Gun Shows AND in person to person sales. Again, just seems pragmatic to me.

Practice!
Todd
Todd

Yeah, that's what I have been saying since you posted that ridiculous map and claim that no background checks are required at gun shows in the red states on your map.
You make it sound like gun shows in those states are some kind of law free zone free for all where anyone can buy a gun with no questions asked. It's at least 90% BS and you knew it when you posted it.
The VAST majority of sellers at gun shows in EVERY state are licensed dealers who are required by federal law to perform the same checks that are performed at any gun retailer everywhere in US.
Furthermore, the vast majority of sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers, probably 75% or more, and most of the rest of the booths at gun shows are selling things other than guns such as literature or clothing or gear associated with firearms etc, and you may even find a public relations booth setup by local law enforcement to answer any questions you might have regarding gun laws in the country or the state.
The so called closing the gun show loophole legislation is not really about gun shows at all. It is meant to regulate private sales between individuals and not only that but to regulate gifts and inheritance as well which is something I am firmly against.
Can you show me an example of a mass shooting where the gun was purchased in a LEGAL private transaction? I don't recall any of the top of my head.

Your claim about Judicial Watch and Media Matters claim as well is also BS. First of all Media matters is the propaganda arm of the Obama admin and arguably the greatest source of garbage on the planet. While Judicial Watch on the other hand is a watchdog on government and has been very successful in the courts against the Obama admin concerning the Illegal executive actions on Illegal Immigration and that is just one example, one that is relevant to this topic.
They have done pretty well in the courts on other issues as well such as the IRS scandal, Benghazi, Commerce Dept trade mission scandal concerning the Clinton/Gore campaign and also against the Bush admin concerning transparency of White House visitor logs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

It's funny how the left loves watchdogs and whistleblowers until it doesn't suit them.

You have been captain exaggerator(Edit: Sorry Todd, I should not have resorted to name calling, it's normally not my thing but hey, no excuses. I respectfully apologize for that, my bad.) in pretty much every one of these political type threads since I have been here at GMC and I have caught you misrepresenting the facts to try an strengthen your argument on numerous occasions over the years. So when you misrepresent the laws of this country in an international forum I will continue to set you straight every time and I don't need to exaggerate and misrepresent facts to do it.
And I may or may not use the sources you suggest. With all due respect, who are you to tell me what sources are legit as you suggested in another post you have made in this thread?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jun 18 2016, 11:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:26 PM