3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Audio Recording Help, Audio Recording to PC
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Well, the Line 6 interfaces are varied while they all use that software called Gear Box - that one can come up with nice tones - tried and tested. Although I had a hellish ride trying to install and setup the UX1 for a student here in Romania... I was THIS close to saying 'hey this digital thingie is not bad at all' I just changed my mind laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jan 30 2013, 02:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 30 2013, 08:37 AM) *
Well, the Line 6 interfaces are varied while they all use that software called Gear Box - that one can come up with nice tones - tried and tested. Although I had a hellish ride trying to install and setup the UX1 for a student here in Romania... I was THIS close to saying 'hey this digital thingie is not bad at all' I just changed my mind laugh.gif

So did you like them or not?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 30 2013, 07:00 AM) *
Bingo! Nice article from our Mr. Connorgilks there. Pretty much details the entire process.

Todd

YES! smile.gif You can use even the cheapest line six box (The Tone Port) and it will suffice as an audio interface for your guitar. You just need to get clean signal in to the computer. The tone port will do that just fine. Any of the line 6 interfaces will take care of you. Later on when you start wanting to use microphones and such it will be time to upgrade, but it's always time to upgrade at some point. smile.gif

So you launch reaper and then launch amplitude INSIDE REAPER, most folks who are new to recording, try to launch amplitude and THEN launch reaper. It doesn't work that way sadly sad.gif You gotta launch your plugins inside the daw.

Todd

Thanks Todd, I'll have to have a think..I think I will be mainly wanting to record guitar to improve in that dept. at the moment...Line 6 tone port may be the solution...I'm just wanting clean input into Reaper/amplitube.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2013, 08:55 AM
Instructor
I like the tones but the installation and setup are a major turnoff for me - things should be friendly not complicated smile.gif But that's me, you have to try it yourself and see if YOU like it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jan 31 2013, 10:06 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 31 2013, 08:55 AM) *
I like the tones but the installation and setup are a major turnoff for me - things should be friendly not complicated smile.gif But that's me, you have to try it yourself and see if YOU like it wink.gif

You're Right Cosmin...but its easier to ask before you buy sometimes. I totally agree with you that things should be friendly and this is the second time Ive heard this is hard to set up!! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2013, 02:49 PM
I've never set up one of the line 6 interfaces personally so I can't help ya there. But make sure to follow the instructions and such. Usually its' install drivers/reboot/plug in the gear/launch daw or app.

Todd

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jan 31 2013, 04:06 AM) *
You're Right Cosmin...but its easier to ask before you buy sometimes. I totally agree with you that things should be friendly and this is the second time Ive heard this is hard to set up!! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jan 31 2013, 03:24 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2013, 02:49 PM) *
I've never set up one of the line 6 interfaces personally so I can't help ya there. But make sure to follow the instructions and such. Usually its' install drivers/reboot/plug in the gear/launch daw or app.

Todd

Ok Thanks Todd... so do you think an Ultra DI 120 would give me a clean sound?..I think Spasemoonkey was trying to tell me earlier in this thread that DI wasn't any good...But the guy on the video show the DI 120 unit which are about 35 euros instead of 100/120 euros for line 6.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2013, 10:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2013, 01:49 PM) *

Todd

Theoretically yes smile.gif But in practice, it asked me for all sorts of upgrades which I couldn't get unless I had something else installed, which needed to get something from the internet which needed something else installed laugh.gif After a bit of this, it gets really annoying smile.gif But then again, that's just me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2013, 09:50 PM
I hear ya smile.gif But that sounds like computer recording in general just a bit yeah? Update this, go get that, reboot, etc. All of which is a big pain in the neck. These days home recording is about half made of up SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION. So if one is not comfy on the system admin side, then the whole enterprise seems like a HUGE chore. One cure for this is too simply get a MAC smile.gif I know that may sound trite. But in my experience, my mac machines have just been easier to setup, easier to use, less prone to issues etc. Of course EVERYONE MILEAGE WILL VARY and some folks HATE MACS. To each his own smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 1 2013, 05:48 AM) *
Theoretically yes smile.gif But in practice, it asked me for all sorts of upgrades which I couldn't get unless I had something else installed, which needed to get something from the internet which needed something else installed laugh.gif After a bit of this, it gets really annoying smile.gif But then again, that's just me wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:32 PM