Your Favourite Football Team
Power_Arctica
Feb 18 2008, 08:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi!
I´m from Argentina and my team is Boca Juniors

Which´s yours?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 18 2008, 08:39 PM
Don't watch football that much, but I would say that Liverpool or Arsenal....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 18 2008, 09:03 PM
Instructor
mmm well, I like football, but I don't like the busines world that exists under this sport. I don't believe in any teams, so I don't have a favourite team... sorry tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RandomVictim
Feb 18 2008, 09:09 PM
New york Giants biggrin.gif just kidding

Im a huge AC Milan fan

--------------------

Gear

Guitars
Eric Johnson Sig Strat
Gibson SG Special
Esp Ltd EC-1000 deluxe
Larivee Acoustic
Takamine 12 String

Amps
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Line 6 Spider III HD75 head
Line 6 Spider III Cab with C30 speakers
Vox AD30
Marshall MG10

Pedals
Line 6 Pod X3
Slash Sig Wah
Dan Electro Cool Cat Chorus
Dan Electro FAB Echo
BB PREAMP!
Boss MT-2
FBV Express

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 18 2008, 09:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My favorite football team is called Millonarios , is from my city Bogota, and its the team that more championships has won in my country. And teams from other countries I like River Plate from Argentina , Milan from Italy and Real Madrid from Spain.

Podemos seguir siendo amigos Power Artica, asi seas xeniese.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 19 2008, 12:57 AM
The Dark Canuck
I'm a Manchester United fan....ducks all the rotten food and empty beer cans being thrown in my direction.... smile.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 19 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm a Middlesbrough fan. Not so glamorous but I wouldn't support anybody else. Been a fan my whole life.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 19 2008, 04:04 PM
The Eagles, there was no distinction between Football Club and Rugby Football Club.

IMO folks who still like soccer are stuck in the past, rugby is the pinnacle of mankind's ingenuity tongue.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 19 2008, 05:48 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 19 2008, 03:04 PM) *
The Eagles, there was no distinction between Football Club and Rugby Football Club.

IMO folks who still like soccer are stuck in the past, rugby is the pinnacle of mankind's ingenuity tongue.gif ph34r.gif

If that means Rugby is absolute arse I agree tongue.gif Lots of big ponces slapping each other to get hold of the ball.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 19 2008, 05:55 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I dont really follow sports- but i support the referee.

Tough job but he always pulls through.

And lets face it there 1 referee (a few assistants) VS. 2 teams of 11 players and the referee hardly ever loses, (he may even score a goal from time to time biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 19 2008, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 19 2008, 05:48 PM) *
If that means Rugby is absolute arse I agree tongue.gif Lots of big ponces slapping each other to get hold of the ball.

As opposed to a bunch of primadonas falling down and clutching their knee/ankle whenever another player even thinks about touching them and pleading the ref to blow up play? tongue.gif

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 19 2008, 11:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 19 2008, 06:13 PM) *
As opposed to a bunch of primadonas falling down and clutching their knee/ankle whenever another player even thinks about touching them and pleading the ref to blow up play? tongue.gif

laugh.gif that's the truth spoken right there!!! I love to watch soccer but I can't stand all the acting, I've got no respect left over for those acting monkeys. Crybabies.
While a rygby player can get hit real hard and just shrugs it off. If he lay down, he's hurt for real.

So from that aspect, soccer has some primadonnas but also fair players, let's call them men, while in rygby there's only one hundered percent men.

And sorry Goliath, I know you're playing american football, rygby or something and I wasn't implying you're a man or labeling you a man in any way. Certainly not in a primadona sort of way, if you get what I mean wink.gif

(that wink was to mark a joke, not a soccer primadona kind of flirt) wink.gif

(that one too) cool.gif

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 20 2008, 12:23 AM
Fights in Rugby are amazing. Proper punches and trampling. Then the ref tells them to stop and they all do. In football it is a few pushes and if they touch the players go down for ages. Amazing.

Saying that I do like both sports.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 01:26 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Football - Everton ever since I was v young and always will regardless of whether or not we win anything. I agree with Organised Confusion about not supporting anyone else - it saddens me that some fans are there only when a team is doing well and disappear when they aren't.

Rugby League - St Helens.

Rugby Union - London Irish and Ireland.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 01:31 PM
Everton were the last team to beat us 8 games ago sad.gif Everton are a very strong team however. Can see them being contenders for top 5 places every season.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 20 2008, 12:26 PM) *
Football - Everton ever since I was v young and always will regardless of whether or not we win anything. I agree with Organised Confusion about not supporting anyone else - it saddens me that some fans are there only when a team is doing well and disappear when they aren't.

Rugby League - St Helens.

Rugby Union - London Irish and Ireland.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 01:52 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 20 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Everton were the last team to beat us 8 games ago sad.gif Everton are a very strong team however. Can see them being contenders for top 5 places every season.

It would be nice mate but I don't think we have a big enough squad - one injury or suspension and we're a bit stuffed and we don't have the cash to buy success.

BTW - your team isn't, imo, bad - I think you just need a bit of confidence and you'll be fine. Barcodes up the road though - well I can see them going down if they're not careful.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 20 2008, 12:52 PM) *
It would be nice mate but I don't think we have a big enough squad - one injury or suspension and we're a bit stuffed and we don't have the cash to buy success.

BTW - your team isn't, imo, bad - I think you just need a bit of confidence and you'll be fine. Barcodes up the road though - well I can see them going down if they're not careful.

Cheers,
Tony

We've had some good results lately and not lost in 8. We have Liverpool Away next but nevermind smile.gif We beat Arsenal already this season biggrin.gif I think Sunderland and Newcastle are in slight trouble. I think Derby, Fulham and Sunderland will be for the drop.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 20 2008, 02:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hmm i never watch Football actually, i dont have a Favourite one, i just watch football when playing World Championship or Europe Championship..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 02:11 PM
I think you can overturn L'pool. Domestically their form isn't great and tactically they seem to lose the plot quite a bit. (Barsnley, Havant and Waterlooville rolleyes.gif)

I'd quite like Sunderland to stay up. Derby definitely gone and Fulham most probably. Third for the drop - one of Birmingham/Reading/Wigan but if Barcodes don't improve then on their recent form they might go instead and Keegan still doesn't seem to have got a handle on things yet...

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 02:13 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 20 2008, 01:11 PM) *
I think you can overturn L'pool. Domestically their form isn't great and tactically they seem to lose the plot quite a bit. (Barsnley, Havant and Waterlooville rolleyes.gif)

I'd quite like Sunderland to stay up. Derby definitely gone and Fulham most probably. Third for the drop - one of Birmingham/Reading/Wigan but if Barcodes don't improve then on their recent form they might go instead and Keegan still doesn't seem to have got a handle on things yet...

It's a big weekend of games coming up so we'll have to see what happens. I'm going to the Boro vs Reading game so hopefully we can get something there with them being near the bottom of the league. If we win at weekend then we may be able to break into the top half if Spurs lose.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:45 AM