> Quick Licks #46 Building A Solo Part Ii
Todd Simpson
post Sep 22 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Let's continue our work from Quick Licks 45. Using the same backing track. ("Suspended Growth" by Hamin), we are going to add another lick to what e did last time. These two licks work together. You can play them in any order and at any speed and they will still work. If you are not comfortable playing with music, you can use a metronome. Either way is ok for Quick Licks!

*Have a look at the video

*This is based on my recent collab with Iranian Djent fiend HAMIN. Here is the full solo. We are working on the middle bit today. Keep a good palm mute the entire time!

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached Image

Attached File  46.gp5 ( 1.8K ) Number of downloads: 6

BACKING TRACK: (Suspended Growth: By Hamin from the Republic of Iran)
Attached File  Suspended_Growth__Backingt.mp3 ( 8.6MB ) Number of downloads: 6

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS : Try this lick with the backing! Keep it clean. Repeat as needed Also, make SURE to play the picking pattern as written. It's a pattern that we are going to use quite a bit on a variety of licks.

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post Dec 10 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 12 2018, 01:55 AM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Well played! This is a really technical lick and I"m very impressed with how easy to handled it!! The quick hammer/pull is a bit tricky and then paired with yet another huge stretch which you have to stick the landing with the pinky. You nailed both parts! Very nice. Also you played it without breaking a sweat or making a guitar face grimmace. I had to make serious guitar face to play this properly. smile.gif I had to cut my face out of the shot when I did the video for this solo for the song it goes with. Not you! You krushed it and ..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Dec 10 2018, 09:46 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 06:34 PM