3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Favorite Beer Thread
fkalich
Jul 17 2008, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
anything somebody else is paying for.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 17 2008, 11:43 PM
Well, I'm not old enough to drink, and I also hate most of the beers that are in the high school/college parties and what not.

So far, I tasted Coors, Red Horse, San Miguel, Bud, and Heineken. All of them tasted absolutely horrible. Its not because of the hobs or bitterness, it was just generic, boring, and very ehrm not satisfying to drink. I can't wait to turn 21 so I can buy beer on my own.

I've always wanted to taste American Amber/Red Ale kinda beer. Also Guinesses, Belgium's finest Leffe, and a bunch of German beers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 17 2008, 11:44 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 18 2008, 07:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 17 2008, 07:36 PM) *

hahahahaª!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 18 2008, 01:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 18 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Stella Artois
Kronenbourg 1664

are the usual choices at the pub. Carling if i absolutely have nothing else to drink!

If the pub only has fosters, i walk home. Can't drink the stuff dry.gif

Good choices - I remember spending quite some time in pubs in London drinking either Stella or Kronenbourg. Fosters on the other hand I quite like.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 18 2008, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jul 17 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Old Peculiar

I love you lol. biggrin.gif

That is my favourite along with Owd Rodger

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
erik
Jul 18 2008, 03:20 PM
I used to only dring Green Tuborg because it's one of the cheapest beers here, but then I realized how dull and little taste it's got. I don't drink too much imported beer because it's so frickin' expensive, but I like Heineken, Pilsner Urquell, Corona etc. I gotta say my favorite brand is a norwegian brand called Ringnes, preferably in a plastic cup at a festival smile.gif My all time favourite is Ringnes Grillpils (means barbecue beer) especially at barbecue parties! biggrin.gif They only sell it in the summer though..

Anyhow! In about a week I'm going on interrail, and we'll make shure to visit the greatest beer cities such as Berlin and Prague! Gonna be tasting A LOT of great beer biggrin.gif

I'm glad I'm not living in the USA with their insane alcohol laws! It feels totaly unnatural that people of my age are not allowed to drink beer :| I can actually buy vodka a year before Americans can buy regular beer tongue.gif

This post has been edited by erik: Jul 24 2008, 10:33 AM

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jul 18 2008, 03:37 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jul 14 2008, 01:28 AM) *
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout because its simply delicious,

You read my mind wink.gif it's pricy where I live at $9 a 4pack but well worth it. Arrogant B****** or Murphy's is a close 2nd.
I also enjoy a PBR once in a while biggrin.gif I like beer, beer is good.....let's go drink some BEER!!!!!!

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 18 2008, 08:21 PM
New Castle Brown Ale for the win!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 18 2008, 08:51 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 18 2008, 08:21 PM) *
New Castle Brown Ale for the win!

That is high up my list also. I'm an ale drinker or bitter. Cider and Lager are pretty much undrinkable compared to real ale in my opinion.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 19 2008, 01:01 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 18 2008, 09:51 PM) *
That is high up my list also. I'm an ale drinker or bitter. Cider and Lager are pretty much undrinkable compared to real ale in my opinion.

I agree, allthough, I'll always enjoy the cheap "dishrag"-beer for it's price tongue.gif

You seem like you know your beer, any Ale/bitter (I barely even know if it's called that, that's how good I am) you can recommend except Newcastle and Caffrey's?

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 19 2008, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (erik @ Jul 18 2008, 07:20 PM) *
I'm glad I'm not living in the USA with their insane alcohol laws! It feels totaly unnatural that people of my age are not allowed to drink beer :| I can actually buy vodka a year before Americans can buy regular beer tongue.gif

haha I've been buying my uncles beer since I was about 6-7 years old. In Philippines, as long as you have money, then they don't care if your young or old. We went to a bar a couple years ago, and my youngest cousin who was 13, was drinking beers with us.

Although, I live in the US now for the last 7 years so yeah. 21 years old to buy beer is absurd.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fidelman
Jul 20 2008, 12:22 AM
Grolsch is really some of the best beer out there in my opinion. But its more of an expensive luxury beer. Otherwise i mostly drink Ringes Pilsner (norwegian brand) Heineken, Carlsberg, Guiness (when it's fresh) and if i'm really hammered i'd probably have sucess trying to drink some of that horrible Tuborg C**p.
But i a winedrinker. I prefer a glass of good red wine over a beer.

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 20 2008, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I was out on the pub yesterday and tried to drink Carlsberg and it was one of the best beer i have ever drank

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 23 2008, 12:18 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I love many beers including all german weissbiers and lagers as well as most belgium beers, but if I have to choose my favourite it has to be Gueuze Lambic, which comes from spontaneous fermentation due to the air in certain belgian regions, and has a special taste no other beer delivers. Lovely.

The beer I drink the most has to be Budweisser or Franziskaner though wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jul 23 2008, 01:34 AM
Instructor
I love beer... I don't matter about the brand of beer, I like drink a great quantity of beer!!! biggrin.gif
But my favourite is Stella Artois!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 23 2008, 07:26 AM
Instructor
I like beers with double fermentation or more biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 23 2008, 12:21 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 19 2008, 01:01 AM) *
I agree, allthough, I'll always enjoy the cheap "dishrag"-beer for it's price tongue.gif

You seem like you know your beer, any Ale/bitter (I barely even know if it's called that, that's how good I am) you can recommend except Newcastle and Caffrey's?

Many. Owd Rodger, Old Peculiar, London Pride, Bombardier, Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, Bishop's Finger. If you can find any of them. But also support local ale and any CAMRA events to find out more about different ales. I have different ales every week at our local.

QUOTE (superize @ Jul 20 2008, 09:21 AM) *
I was out on the pub yesterday and tried to drink Carlsberg and it was one of the best beer i have ever drank

oh dear lol tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 23 2008, 01:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
I'm not much of a beer connaisseur but I do like Alexander Keith's, it's an India Pale Ale brewed in my home province of Nova Scotia. Other then that it's either Guinness or Stella Artois for me. Although I did have some Hoegaarden (not sure if I spelled that right) this summer for the first time and well it wasn't completely horrible tongue.gif I usually don't like lemon or lime anywhere near a beer but I must say it was rather refreshing with lemon. Plus it comes in a really cool glass smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 23 2008, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 17 2008, 06:36 PM) *

Being in university.. this is my life biggrin.gif made me chuckle!

When i can afford my own beer. i go for Molson Canadian or Bud Light and sometimes Blacklabel.. but beer is beer so ill settle for less smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jul 23 2008, 03:05 PM
you know where the best beer is? local german beer from the local breweries in swiss franconian bit! they are effin amazing!! best bear ever

This post has been edited by kevin-riff-after-riff: Jul 23 2008, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:01 AM