8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
What Are You Listening To Right Now?, and why?
Pavel
Jul 15 2007, 08:43 PM
Instructor
Right now i am listening to silence! Sometimes it's so cool not to listen to anything! Just sit in a quiet room and think! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Jul 15 2007, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 15 2007, 09:43 PM) *
Right now i am listening to silence! Sometimes it's so cool not to listen to anything! Just sit in a quiet room and think! smile.gif

I agree smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
kyeric
Jul 15 2007, 10:51 PM
"What Can Safely Be Written" from Nile's new album, Ithyphallic

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 15 2007, 11:01 PM
I;ve been listing to Nevermore since i seen some one post a video on here,along with Killswitch Engage and Pantera

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Dilldilliondilli...
Jul 20 2007, 05:29 AM
Dude Im listening to Angels and Airwaves. And Green Day.

--------------------
Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.

My Website

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 20 2007, 05:34 AM
'Come on in my kitchen' by I don't know.. its one of the many covers of this song, it just came on the radio at work.

Why? Because that is what the radio decided to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xin
Jul 20 2007, 05:43 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 30 2007, 04:57 PM) *
I'm listening to Dokken - Dream Warriors
great ol song :-)

Why? I've been practicing it.

When I first started playing in the 80s all Iplayed was Dokken and ACDC. Try Unchain the Night by Dokken. It has a very nice George Lynch lead.

I am listening to Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

This is their best work in my opinion. A little more commercial than some of their other cds. The special release has a DVD of them in the studio that is very entertaining.

--------------------
XIN

Guitars:
1987 Japanese Strat bought in Okinawa, Japan - Floyd Rose
2006 - 30th Anniversary Schecter C-1
2006 - Ovation Balladeer
2007 - ESP Stephen Carpenter SC-607B 7-String Baritone

Amps:
2003 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto half stack
2006 Marshall AS100D acoustic amp

Effects:
Line6 PodXtLive

+Quote Post
Guitar34
Jul 20 2007, 06:04 AM
Im listing to sweet child 'o mine and getting really good at playing it too!!

--------------------
The more practice the better you get!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 20 2007, 06:12 AM
Yesterday I listened to nothing but Symphony X... right now i am listening to a great song by FireWind called Breaking the Silence... why because i was getting pumped to see Symphony X.. and now that ive seen them im getting pumped to see Firewind... but later ill put on some Opeth smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jul 20 2007, 06:25 AM
Metallica - Fade to black

why? because I'm trying to learn it smile.gif and it's a boss song

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 07:28 AM
Right now I can't get enough of Opeth- Ghost Reveries. Definitely a great album.

Why?

Their melodies, dynamics, solos, lyrics, arrangments are remarkably original for a band that's given the harsh limitations of a label as a progressive DEATH metal band.

Also a few favorite tracks from DT- Train of Thought. Mainly because of Petrucci's guitar work.

This post has been edited by Anastasio123: Jul 20 2007, 07:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Xin
Jul 21 2007, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 5 2007, 12:49 PM) *
Katatonia

They're growing on me, quite catchy actually.

I am an instant fan of Katatonia - good call!

--------------------
XIN

Guitars:
1987 Japanese Strat bought in Okinawa, Japan - Floyd Rose
2006 - 30th Anniversary Schecter C-1
2006 - Ovation Balladeer
2007 - ESP Stephen Carpenter SC-607B 7-String Baritone

Amps:
2003 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto half stack
2006 Marshall AS100D acoustic amp

Effects:
Line6 PodXtLive

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 21 2007, 04:29 AM
FireWind.. Allegience.. i can't get enough of this album haha biggrin.gif Gus G is amazing

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 21 2007, 04:42 AM
& Watching - Queensryche - Mindcrime at the Moore - Disc 1 - IMO Operation Mindcrime is the best rock album from top to bottom ever recorded. If I had a choice of only one album/CD (showing my age with the album talk tongue.gif ) to keep it would be this one. It never gets old on me.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 21 2007, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Dark Moor - The Moon

It's actually based on Beethoven's 6th Symphony but it sounds awesome the way they did it!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 21 2007, 11:26 AM
Dark Moor, I might give them a listen, can you recommend an album Pavel?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am listening to John Lee Hooker - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

Why? Cos tonight... It is very relevant tongue.gif well the scotch and beer part, next in line is Wild Turkey bourbon. And then we will be complete smile.gif I suggest to anyone who loves the blues, John Lee Hooker...

I find I am not listening to metal much anymore, and I am finding older music is just amazing. Uninfluenced by music, music. smile.gif

Ahhhh got ramblin' on my mind

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 21 2007, 12:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Hemlok: Check their new album "Tarot" and if you like it go for "The Hall Of The Olden Dreams"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 21 2007, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 21 2007, 06:31 PM) *
Hemlok: Check their new album "Tarot" and if you like it go for "The Hall Of The Olden Dreams"

Alright thanks Pavel, will check out 'Tarot'.

- Hemlok ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 21 2007, 01:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
Soothsayer by Buckethead, cause its so damned cool! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 21 2007, 08:09 PM
Fear of a Blank Planet(album)-Porcupine Tree
Blood Mountain-Mastodon
Systematic Chaos- Dream Theater
Viides Luku- Moonsorrow
Age of Winters-The Sword
Ghost Reveries- Opeth

Really been listening to a lot of Progressive and Drone type stuff, I recomend Moonsorrow. The record I wrote down is an hour long and costs only2 dollars on Itunes to download it legally. I don't think you can find that album at a store, unless you got it mybe from amazon.

This post has been edited by Anastasio123: Jul 21 2007, 10:42 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:58 PM