> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Chopin Arpeggio Workout, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Dexxter
Jul 23 2017, 09:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Original lesson: Chopin Arpeggio Workout by Piotr Kaczor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2017, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Dexxter!

It's great to see a new take from you at REC! I think that this is a good one.

The lesson is demanding since it requires precise and clean legato and alternate picking techniques. Your work on this one is really good. Everything sounds clear and clean on this video.

I've watched this one 3 or 4 times, compared it with the other lesson and I don't think that there are important issues. There can be some little room to sound tighter, and to give more dynamics, but not too much. I also prefer the original's lesson tone since it's warmer, but it doesn't mean that yours is bad or don't fit.

Congrats on your great job. Keep this stuff coming.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 26 2017, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all- itś a beautifull lesson. I can't spot anything serious to fix - just a few more or less subjective observations. Your hand synd seems to be just fine and you got pretty close to lesson's specific timing "swing". It's all quite clean. In general - well done.

Now let me share a few thoughts that may be more or less subjective

1. Tone - I belive Piotr has purposely set a warm and clean tone, simialr to how piano itself sounds. I'm not sure If your "bluesy-bite" sharp tone matches the lesson as good, but...there is nothing cirtical about it.

2. Dynamics translation - it refers to point one. Somehow Piotr's dynamics range sounds wider than yours and it may be related to tone settings or picking hand itself. Your playing definitely has the dynamics differences but overall expression is not as "emotional" as original lesson's video.

3. Reverb - be carefull with it. It's a t the edge of making rather a mess than adding some gentle space around the guitar. Reverb choice and it's amount are really same important as amp settings.

4. Pitch - I have a feeling that there's a generall intonation/pitch problem. Something like the guitar has been tuned a few cents away from the correct pitch.

In general my feeling about the take are positive. There are rather details to consider tweaking...but as you probably know...details make the difference. Well done!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 4 2017, 01:17 PM
GMC Founder
Cool!

There are notes here and there which cannot be heard very well in the faster runs - but you play with emotion so it does not have a huge impact on the over all impression I get from your playing.

I think your priorities are right - I would first try to nail the feeling before nailing perfect execution. So I can just say - keep up the good work! You get an 8 from me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 11 2017, 12:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:10 AM