2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This Man Pick' S Uber Weird!
Emir Hot
Nov 30 2008, 08:01 PM
Instructor
This guy has to spend some serious time cleaning up all the mess in playing but he has really cool note choice in his solo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 1 2008, 01:47 AM
GMC:er
Ahhhh, my ears blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 1 2008, 02:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
His tone is crap but the hair makes up for it tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Noangels
Dec 1 2008, 03:59 PM
blimey,he has some realy big finger thumb motions in his picking!Should be a lot smaller movement than that-apart from that the webcam made his tone fizzy and he realy had to concentrate on some fast picking runs!lol
Couldnt watch it all,and realy to be honest dont want too!

He honestly thinks hes world class?I dont know why people like him are so deluded and out of touch with reality?Hes an okay player that wouldnt sound out of place in a pub gig but world class laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 2 2008, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Don't mean to sound judgmental but that video should definitely not be your source or idol of any kind.
Fast playing (what is fast - 100, 150, 200, 240 16th notes ? ) , with lots of unwanted noise and gained up tone so high that you cant recognize half of the notes...

--------------------

+Quote Post
showyourfist
Dec 7 2008, 05:44 PM
The song itself is good, and he seems too be enjoying it (which is pretty damn important imo smile.gif ) But, like everyone has said, his tone is terrible!

--------------------

I've had three wives and three guitars. I still play the guitars-Andres Segovia

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 8 2008, 12:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Nov 30 2008, 07:58 PM) *
He's got good technique but thats it..

I saw him on TV once, and he kept calling him self a "world class virtuoso". And sadly, he is no where near making anything sound halfway decent imo. Maybe it's his tone, I just don't like him, a bit to egotistical for my tastes... smile.gif

tj

Ooooooh, I just lost the little respect I had for him....

I don't care about anyone who see themselves as something like that, especially when they're lying rolleyes.gif

The tone reminded me of a cat screaming at a radio between stations tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Dec 8 2008, 12:47 PM
Now it's really a shame that this vid is actually advertising him as an instructor. Does he teach this thumb technique to all of his students blink.gif

Otherwise I loved the note choice of this solo.

PS: However, I don't seem to understand why that stunt-thing on the guitar upside downs is so dangerous that the subtitle writes we shouldn't even attempt it huh.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 8 2008, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (berko @ Dec 8 2008, 12:47 PM) *
PS: However, I don't seem to understand why that stunt-thing on the guitar upside downs is so dangerous that the subtitle writes we shouldn't even attempt it huh.gif

Hehe, noticed that now as well... It should be "Warning: May cause false notes that may be dangerous for your ears!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 11 2008, 03:29 AM
QUOTE (Canis @ Dec 8 2008, 12:56 PM) *
Hehe, noticed that now as well... It should be "Warning: May cause false notes that may be dangerous for your ears!"

or

"WARNING: Video may cause an IROC to park in your driveway."

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 11 2008, 07:14 AM
Don't mean to sound judgmental but that video should definitely not be your source or idol of any kind.

Xd. It' s not my idol or something, I just posted this about the picking,

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Dec 11 2008, 05:53 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 30 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Bad tone, no dynamics there.

Regarding picking technique: ANY picking technique is good as long it enables the player to play the music he likes as precisely as he want.

I absolutely agree, on the choice of picking techniques and on his tone wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 11 2008, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Nov 30 2008, 01:58 PM) *
He's got good technique but thats it..

I saw him on TV once, and he kept calling him self a "world class virtuoso". And sadly, he is no where near making anything sound halfway decent imo. Maybe it's his tone, I just don't like him, a bit to egotistical for my tastes... smile.gif
tj

So the guy is famous?, he must be doing something right.

About calling himself a "world class virtuoso" I don't know, personally I don't like people that go about preaching how good they are, when I was younger and had learned a few tricks on guitar, I made the mistake of thinking I was awesome, and got my ass kicked by more experienced players, and brought back to reality.

The trick is to always keep ears and eyes open and learn from everyone, look how this guy is being trashed because of what he thinks of himself, with a different attitude the response would not be the same.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 11 2008, 10:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Nov 29 2008, 04:31 PM) *
he play fast, but not too clean... what do you think guys?

I think his hair is AWESOOOOOOOOME!!!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:49 PM