By Band's First Studio Recording!
erik
May 26 2007, 12:13 AM
GMC:er
Hey, we have just recorded a song called "Into the Night".
It's a metal song, and the third we have made, but first we have recorded in a real studio.
I play the lead guitar, please give me some constructive feedback on the solo! and the song in general smile.gif

Go to this site and press "Lytt" (right next to the picture), that means listen, "Last ned" means download.
http://www11.nrk.no/urort/user/?id=47862

..or you can just listen to it here (but then I dont get a higher count on our page sad.gif ) tongue.gif

Attached File  Supertosk___Into_the_Night.mp3 ( 4.94MB ) Number of downloads: 483

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by erik: May 26 2007, 01:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 26 2007, 02:12 AM
Sounds pretty good mate. I reckon some artificial harmonics would just sound awesome in the main riff to spice it up a bit. I loved the solo tho.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rock
May 26 2007, 06:00 AM
QUOTE (erik @ May 26 2007, 12:13 AM) *
Hey, we have just recorded a song called "Into the Night".
It's a metal song, and the third we have made, but first we have recorded in a real studio.
I play the lead guitar, please give me some constructive feedback on the solo! and the song in general smile.gif

Go to this site and press "Lytt" (right next to the picture), that means listen, "Last ned" means download.
http://www11.nrk.no/urort/user/?id=47862

..or you can just listen to it here (but then I dont get a higher count on our page sad.gif ) tongue.gif

Attached File  Supertosk___Into_the_Night.mp3 ( 4.94MB ) Number of downloads: 483

ok, some constructive feedback. First of all congratulations on what I think has the potential to be a very good song. It sounds pretty good, the beat is catchy. When the cymbals kick in at about 20 secs it's a bit much. It's a driving song so I would stick to more of a heavy drum as well, it may blend a bit better. It just sounds a bit out of place with so many crashing cymbals. Same with the two short drum rolls at 49 and 51 secs. Sometimes we try to add and improvise, but most times simpler is better. Not sure who the singer is, don't want to put anyone down here....but, the singing is not so great. This is always the most difficult to find just the right voice to compliment the band, the one that stands out above all the rest to make you recognizable. The music is very good, but it is always the singer that will get you to the next level. All in all, great job! Ok, so now it's in my itunes playlist since it downloads automatically which means I'll have a listen every so often and will be looking to see what you guys can do next. Good luck man.

Rock

+Quote Post
Robin
May 26 2007, 07:44 PM
SWEET! Awesome riffs, and I also liked the solo very much. I posted in your guestbook btw smile.gif

+Quote Post
erik
May 28 2007, 01:33 PM
thanks for all comments, glad you liked it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GuitarDude
May 28 2007, 09:17 PM
This song was great and I like your band name biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
This Dougs For U
May 29 2007, 03:30 PM
I liked the main riff, pretty cool song. You knocked it outta the park on the guitar solo. That was one sweet solo man. Good stuff.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/autumnriseband

+Quote Post
Nick334
May 29 2007, 05:38 PM
Very nice solo. Singing could have been better, but good song and riff.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jun 14 2007, 11:32 PM
Could you give the tabs?

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 15 2007, 03:44 AM
sweet dude! You KILLED it on the solo! The main riff was great and the solo was even better!

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
Jun 18 2007, 02:07 PM
Wow, thanks biggrin.gif smile.gif

I've made a guitar pro tab some time before we recorded it, so its not 100% accurate (I also had som trouble tabing the solo)
Attached File  Into_The_Night.gp5 ( 65.75K ) Number of downloads: 123

+Quote Post
Owen
Jun 18 2007, 05:31 PM
Your vocalists trying to hard, tell him to relax and not push it.

The mix is a bit tinny, but I suppose thats not your fault.

Otherwise, good job!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM