> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 146 147 148 149 150 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2021, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Oh, now I got it. It must be a very weird sensation.

Hopefully the profesional can help you soon.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2021, 08:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fingers crossed there's no permanent nerve damage, it is a very strange feeling and makes the working day tedious as I'm doing manual work nine hours a day.

UPDATE:Tonight I managed to play the pentatonic scale (shape 1) from the G string raking for each note. I have to really concentrate but I managed it three times in a row. I used a tip from a YT video where the bloke rakes by bringing his hand forward and picks near the neck pickup when raking. Works for me wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 12 2021, 05:35 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2021, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2021, 05:12 AM) *
UPDATE:Tonight I managed to play the pentatonic scale (shape 1) from the G string raking for each note. I have do really concentrate but I managed it three times in a row. I used a top from a YT video where the bloke rakes by bringing his hand forward and picks near the neck pickup when raking. Works for me wink.gif

Cool!! When is the video coming? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2021, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 12 2021, 04:28 PM) *
Cool!! When is the video coming? smile.gif

Soon buddy, I don't have much consistency with raking yet and I can't do it in the Poor Man's Blues lesson yet as I have to prepare myself for it but I'll get there.

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2021, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Ok! Take your time mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 13 2021, 09:07 PM
Hola Gab, cómo estas?

Here is a take for my raking, I don't know how I managed to do three in a row the other night. It's one of the hardest techniques I've tried.

https://youtu.be/WAoLsCrnyxI

And here is the strumming. I'm not having much success with this but the thumb over can cause mild cramping issues in my forearm at the moment.

https://youtu.be/XlpwtXFNgMk

Nos hablamos amigo

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2021, 08:41 PM
Hola Gab,

Some good news for a change, a client has cancelled their appointment with the physiotherapist tomorrow evening so they called and offered me the slot, one week early smile.gif

Now you're back home, don't forget to check out that TH-U patch I use for the Poor Man's Blues lesson cool.gif

Also, when you get chance, if you don't mind, can you check the bass on that track we've spoken about via PM please, you was going to see how it sounded on your system. Thank you.

For some reason I have gone backwards on that tricky lick in the PMB lesson, the quick one near the end. I'm currently looping it in my daw at 20bpm, then I'll have to creep back up to speed rolleyes.gif

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2021, 08:48 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2021, 08:55 PM
Hola Gab,

Cómo estas?

Further to my two other posts above, (did you see the two videos?) I have an update on my neck/shoulder issue.

I am the bionic man biggrin.gif

Part of my treatment is electrostimulation as in the video along with contrast therapy and exercises all at home and then acupuncture and manipulation at the Physiotherapist. I may have to go for a nerve conduction velocity test too if the first course of treatment isn't working enough.

The video does play if you click it even though at the moment it is showing as though it isn't processed.

https://youtu.be/1WU4qj1abqY

Fingers crossed wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2021, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! How are you mate?

For any reason I missed these two videos. Here I go with the comments.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 13 2021, 05:07 PM) *
Here is a take for my raking, I don't know how I managed to do three in a row the other night. It's one of the hardest techniques I've tried.

https://youtu.be/WAoLsCrnyxI

Ok, I can see that your raking is not consistent yet. The key is to find the right way to mute with the palm of your right hand and keep your hand in that same position. I analyzed my way of doing it and it's consistent for that reason. My palm is always muting the lower string. I recommend you to practice a bit slower and try to apply this trick.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 13 2021, 05:07 PM) *
And here is the strumming. I'm not having much success with this but the thumb over can cause mild cramping issues in my forearm at the moment.

https://youtu.be/XlpwtXFNgMk

There are some moments when this sounds good. You need to pay attention to two things:

- Timing: This is the main goal here. You need to be able to keep your timing precise and even add some dynamics to this groove.
- Mute the harmonics: There are some harmonics sounding when playing the muted strumming. Check our which is/are the string sounding and move a bit your left hand fingers to avoid the harmonics.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 15 2021, 04:41 PM) *
Also, when you get chance, if you don't mind, can you check the bass on that track we've spoken about via PM please, you was going to see how it sounded on your system. Thank you.

Yes, I've checked it and there are some little moments when there is bass sound at 125 hz that is not enjoyable. I think that there are some other problems around it as well, but I believe that the frequency that bothers you is that one.

Attached Image

The yellow range is a bit loud, and there is also lacking stuff in the green range.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 16 2021, 04:55 PM) *
Hola Gab,

Cómo estas?

Further to my two other posts above, (did you see the two videos?) I have an update on my neck/shoulder issue.

I am the bionic man biggrin.gif

Part of my treatment is electrostimulation as in the video along with contrast therapy and exercises all at home and then acupuncture and manipulation at the Physiotherapist. I may have to go for a nerve conduction velocity test too if the first course of treatment isn't working enough.

The video does play if you click it even though at the moment it is showing as though it isn't processed.

https://youtu.be/1WU4qj1abqY

Fingers crossed wink.gif

hahah I'm so glad of knowing that you could start the treatment mate! smile.gif

Fingers crossed!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 17 2021, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the advice Gab,

I hope you're feeling good being back home wink.gif

As you know, my treatment has started and these things often get worse whilst getting better so you'll have to bear with me over the next few weeks, we'll see how it goes.

I've been practising but tonight was hard. My nerves stretching exercises can trigger immense pain if I go too far, the physiotherapist said to be careful, I have to do enough but not too much, at the moment I'm finding the balance, today I've overdone it and have immense nerve pain at the moment, it doesn't stop the mechanics of playing but it's hard to concentrate.

Onwards and upwards eh buddy? Hopefully we'll get there without discovering any permanent nerve damage.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2021, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, how are you feeling this weekend?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 19 2021, 09:07 PM
Not too bad thanks buddy,

Cómo estas?

I'm working on everything as much as possible. My injury is going to give me a lot of hassle in the coming weeks but you can't make an omlette without cracking a few eggs eh? wink.gif

I missed the frequency analysis in your post above, I don't know how that happened, sorry, I'll have a look and see if I can fix it somehow. Thank you. Any tips gratefully received smile.gif

As I said, that quick lick in the Poor Man's Blues lesson has started becoming tricky for me again rolleyes.gif I'll stick at it. it's a little bit above my speed threshold I think.

Here is my strumming from tonight, I'm hoping my left hand finger coordination improves as my nerves get sorted out smile.gif

https://youtu.be/x8n322nae0o

Nos hablamos amigo

P.S
Don't forget to try that patch in TH-U, I'd like to hear what you think of it, it's only simple but effective.

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 20 2021, 03:49 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2021, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update and the new video.

I can see that you still need to continue focusing on rhythm. As I asked via PM, I need to find the SRV style video that you sent me some time ago so I can create new exercises based on it. Please let me know when you find it. (I'll try to find it as well).

Regarding the mastering for your song, how would you like to do? Maybe you can send me an audio file and I record a video showing how I would fix this frequency issues. Or, you can try to do it by yourself and send me both the original and the mastering to compare and give feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 20 2021, 09:28 PM
Hola Gab,

Yes the timing is terrible once I start making the G string ring out. I think it's better in the second half of the video though.

Regarding the mastering, I'd like to have a go myself, particularly as I'm not spending as much time playing at the moment. I am playing but only around twenty minutes tonight.

Should I try eq, multiband compressor or low pass filter?

Saludos amigo.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 21 2021, 09:05 PM
Further to the above, I've sent a PM wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2021, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 20 2021, 05:28 PM) *
Should I try eq, multiband compressor or low pass filter?

We've been talking about this via PM, but a good answer to this question is to ask you...

1. what does any of these processors do?
2. What do you need to do?
3. Which one does it?

biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2021, 03:42 PM
To me they all seem to do a similar thing but in a different way.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2021, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Eq: There are many types, but the parametric allows you to choose a frequency, and boost or lower it. It affects the track all the time.

Multiband compressor: It allows you to choose a (or many) frequency range and compress it based on threshold and ratio. It acts only when the frequencies that you want to affect reach a certain level.

Low/High pass filter: It cuts all frequencies bellow (high pass) or above (low pass) the chosen frequency.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2021, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 23 2021, 06:02 PM) *
Eq: There are many types, but the parametric allows you to choose a frequency, and boost or lower it. It affects the track all the time.

Multiband compressor: It allows you to choose a (or many) frequency range and compress it based on threshold and ratio. It acts only when the frequencies that you want to affect reach a certain level.

Low/High pass filter: It cuts all frequencies bellow (high pass) or above (low pass) the chosen frequency.

Thanks Gab,

It's the high/low pass filter that I get mixed up with.

I think it might be a good workshop series for GMC, basic mixing and mastering. In later stages there could be sound files with definite problems that the students could try to fix, after learning the basics obviously wink.gif

Saludos.

PS.
Physiotherapy update: He is very impressed with the improvement in just a week. I had a full manipulation tonight and acupuncture with some more exercises to do. He said the recovery so far is remarkable so I'm happy. Need to give it full rest this evening, then back to playing tomorrow evening for a short while at my holiday home. Things are looking good smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 23 2021, 08:40 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 26 2021, 06:44 PM
Hola Gab

Further to the above I've sent a pm wink.gif

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:34 PM