2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A Very Special Day !, mattacuks 1 Year GMC Anniversary !
mattacuk
Dec 21 2007, 09:45 AM
Lets go fishing!
Mattacuk's 1 Year GMC Anniversary !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That’s right folks I signed up for the GMC forum 1 year ago exactly. A year ago today I made my paypal payment and with excitement started working my way through kris's video libary ( I believe at the time it was just Kris and 1 guest instructor smile.gif ).

I will always have very fond memories of listening with bated breath at what lessons kris had to teach. I think the reason the lessons came across so well is that it really felt like having a live instructor ready to teach in your room ! biggrin.gif And of course they are very funny and entertaining videos.

I think the Metronome Video will always be a golden favorite, as Kris's explainination of how and more importantly why we should use it not only informative but hilarious when he made the refernce to gagging on his fingers laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

In a year it is just incredible how GMC has changed. We now have an enourmous bank of incredible instructors from all corners of the globe !! An all new interface thanks to henrik and kris's hard work. Aesthetically the website is beyond regocnition too, alot of work has gone in to make it a stylish place to hang out.

What an incredible journey it has been so far, who knows what could happen in the next year ! wink.gif

All the best,

Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 21 2007, 10:02 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
biggrin.gif Happy anniversary m8!! heres to many more!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 21 2007, 11:30 AM
GMC:er
haha Happy anniversary!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 21 2007, 11:35 AM
WAHOOOOOOOOOOO! We love you matty! Like a sister!

Edit: biggrin.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif keep rocking you are great bloke!

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Dec 21 2007, 11:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 21 2007, 11:58 AM
Learning Roadie
Happy anniversary Matt. cool.gif

I bet your guitar playing has moved on leaps and bounds since last year. smile.gif

All the best for the forthcomming year.

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Dec 21 2007, 11:59 AM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 21 2007, 11:59 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Happy anniversary Matt - and hopefully the Pandora will arrive as well smile.gif .
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 21 2007, 12:02 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MATTACUK!!!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 21 2007, 12:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
Whoa !!! Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust !!!! I must get that out now and watch it (after practice laugh.gif )

Thanks everyone for your messages. Yes its incredible to think what I have learnt in one year ! I have learnt to read music at foundation level, learn solid alternate picking skills, sweep arpeggios, taps, harmonics etc. Now to take it to the next level in the next year for sure !!!

I have no doubt everyone here can ancheive the goals they desire, testiment to all the hard work thats gone in from everyone. GMC is a community and thats what give it its strenght !:)

P,S Tony I think the postman is on strike !!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Dec 21 2007, 12:08 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 21 2007, 01:05 PM
The Dark Canuck
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MATTACUK!!!!!!!

Here's to another year of shredding and many more to come I'm sure. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well, full of riffs and licks biggrin.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 21 2007, 01:07 PM
Happy 1 year here at gmc smile.gif many more to come as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 21 2007, 01:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (rokchik @ Dec 21 2007, 12:05 PM) *
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MATTACUK!!!!!!!

Here's to another year of shredding and many more to come I'm sure. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well, full of riffs and licks biggrin.gif

rok

Hey I hope your practice is going well too Rok !! And hopefully you have had more time to "rok out" wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 21 2007, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Happy Anniversary Mattacuk!!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 21 2007, 01:20 PM
Happy anniversary dude

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Dec 21 2007, 01:25 PM
Happy anniversary Matt !!! biggrin.gif and happy holidays smile.gif

-K

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 21 2007, 01:28 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 21 2007, 08:08 AM) *
Hey I hope your practice is going well too Rok !! And hopefully you have had more time to "rok out" wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

Thanks Matt!

Practice is going great I must say, when I get time to do do some tongue.gif Been really busy latley so haven't had much time to do anything really. Hopefully over the holidays I'll get some good practice sessions in. (Maybe New years I can "rok out" a bit biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )

All the best to you man

rok

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 21 2007, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey matt smile.gif
Happy anniversary, I hope we will stay in contact as long as its possible wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 21 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah I remember when I first signed up , you were always in everyones topics being funny and what not ! Your Awesome Dude biggrin.gif , Dont ever leave here ! smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 21 2007, 02:06 PM
Happy Anniversary tongue.gif

Mine is also soon laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 21 2007, 02:07 PM
Nice one!

I just done my half year smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 21 2007, 03:13 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Happy anniversary mate!

And GMC has benefited from your presence as much as you have benefited from being here!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:50 AM