Thinking Of Getting A Carvin Legacy Amp
Mark Schiewe
Aug 7 2007, 10:17 PM
GMC:er
From what I have read it seems to be an amazing amp. I saw some clips on Youtube of people playing their Legacy's and the tone was unbelieveable, it's got that great Vai sound. Now I know $1039 may be a little steep but I'm thinking of getting one. Does anybody here have experience wih Carvin amps?

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?...l212&CID=GA

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
shredmandan
Aug 7 2007, 10:23 PM
Cant say that i do.Im sure though is Steve Vai uses one it is a great amp smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 7 2007, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I was thinking of getting one of the carvin vintage amps, but I can't find them anywhere to test.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 7 2007, 10:42 PM
Instructor
I played it once. Clean channel is something unbelievable! I didn't get some decent distortion out of it but i couldn't spend some time with it as it was in a guitar center and the stuff was not too happy about me cranking up a tube amp so...

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
deanrzrback
Aug 9 2007, 03:19 AM
Not to get off of the subject, but why does the JEM have flowers all over it?

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 9 2007, 09:46 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I think Carvin are about to revise/make a new version of the Legacy. So it might be worth waiting a few weeks Mark as the price of the present one may drop and the new one might be worth checking out. Not sure I'd have the patience to wait though laugh.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Aug 9 2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks Tony, yes I can definitly wait.

Dean, it has flowers on it because thats just how that model looks? Sorry I can't provide a better answer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 10 2007, 12:06 AM
Instructor
There are several JEM models - the only difference is the pattern so that one is with flowers. White, blue, black, etc... there are lot's of them!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 10 2007, 12:34 AM
heres a bunch of jems

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery.htm

+Quote Post
Rawk on
Aug 10 2007, 12:36 AM
The only problem I've heard with the legacy is that there is no master volume.

Kind of limits it's day to day applications.

+Quote Post
deanrzrback
Aug 10 2007, 01:14 AM
Oh ok.
I didn't realize there were so many. I kinda like the JEMuv777bk, and I really don't care for ibanez guitars all that much.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 10 2007, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (deanrzrback @ Aug 9 2007, 08:14 PM) *
Oh ok.
I didn't realize there were so many. I kinda like the JEMuv777bk, and I really don't care for ibanez guitars all that much.

ohmy.gif mad.gif mellow.gif dry.gif unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Aug 10 2007, 05:38 AM
If the clean channel is worth anything (which it sounds like it probably is) then matching the volume of the channels shouldn't be that hard for mid-song switching.

- Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 10 2007, 06:26 AM
New Legacy is supposed to be a 3 channel one. When it will be ready though... Vai mentioned working on it with Carvin in a UK mag - I think it was June's 'Guitar Buyer'.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Aug 10 2007, 06:29 AM
3 channel? Clean, distortion/sustain, and what else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 10 2007, 06:36 AM
At a guess Mark (sorry didn't keep the magazine) clean, od, hi-gain...

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 10 2007, 06:41 AM
Learning Roadie
this one, this one(swirled and burned), and this one..

BEAUTIFUL guitars. Especially the last one.

[edit] what is up with double-postage tonight?

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 10 2007, 07:26 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 10 2007, 06:58 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 10 2007, 12:41 AM) *

not in my eyes. they might be nice guitars, but actually, i consider them slightly ugly.

edit: i looked again. well not really ugly, just, well, not what I call a really good looking design. just not that attractive. actually i think a telecaster is a good looking guitar. they just overdo it on the flowery look, and those pointy curvy horns, don't like them. and the handle, awful. Also, wood grain looks good. I just about always would prefer wood grain, well, always.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 10 2007, 07:03 AM

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 10 2007, 07:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 9 2007, 11:58 PM) *
not in my eyes. they might be nice guitars, but actually, i consider them slightly ugly.

edit: i looked again. well not really ugly, just, well, not what I call a really good looking design. just not that attractive. actually i think a telecaster is a good looking guitar. they just overdo it on the flowery look, and those pointy curvy horns, don't like them. and the handle, awful. Also, wood grain looks good. I just about always would prefer wood grain, well, always.

Well I try not to discriminate. By beautiful I mean, the best jems, in my eyes. I love the look of my tele as well smile.gif The only standard shape I don't really like is the warlock.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 10 2007, 09:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 10 2007, 07:41 AM) *

[edit] what is up with double-postage tonight?

The last one is a digital model! It doesn't exist actually! I agree though that they are beautiful!

deanrzrback: UV777 is not a JEM - it's another Vai's signature guitar called UNIVERSE - as you know - a 7-string. I played it! AWESOME guitar. Unbelievable neck and playability.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:16 PM