2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Lamb Of God Sacrament, Producers Edition, Where do I get it?
osiris
Jan 23 2013, 11:56 AM
GMC:er
My new years resolution is to record a decent cover of Walk With Me in Hell. There's a special edition of Sacrament with stems for each instrument, but I can't find it to buy anywhere... Any tips?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2013, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Here you can get it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamb-God-Sacrament...c-/120974344024

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 23 2013, 01:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 23 2013, 01:50 PM) *

Thanks, but... "This seller does not ship to Sweden"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2013, 03:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 23 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Thanks, but... "This seller does not ship to Sweden"

mmm the same happens with Argentina... mad.gif

by the way check my personal message!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 4 2022, 07:58 PM
I would say this is not going great. I've picked up this song on numerous occasions, but I can't quite nail it. Especially that intro lick...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2022, 08:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
What is the problem with the intro lick? smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 4 2022, 08:58 PM
It's too hard :-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2022, 07:16 AM
Ola did a lengthy lesson vid on playing this very song. Not sure if you've seen it? I

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 4 2022, 03:58 PM) *
It's too hard :-D

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 5 2022, 09:02 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2022, 06:16 AM) *
Ola did a lengthy lesson vid on playing this very song. Not sure if you've seen it? I

I did. It's kind of demotivational to see him nail it within a couple of hours :-D

But I actually started practicing again. Who, nows ten years from the start maybe I'll be done.

This post has been edited by osiris: Jan 5 2022, 01:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2022, 03:05 AM
Don't let it throw you off. He probably spent a bit more time than it seems and cut out some of it for time. it makes it look like he sorta breezes through it. Ola is a great rythm player so I'm not shocked he was able to adapt to it though. The slow down bit in logic seems cool for learning. I don't know if other daws can do this without changing the notes but I"m guessing it's possible in whatever daw you have.

I'd suggest slowing down the track to the point you can play the bit without mistake and and start marching up the speed a bit after a few rotations. Before you know it, your fingers will adapt and bam!!

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 5 2022, 04:02 AM) *
I did. It's kind of demotivational to see him nail it within a couple of hours :-D

But I actually started practicing again. Who, nows ten years from the start maybe I'll be done.

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 7 2022, 10:10 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2022, 02:05 AM) *
Don't let it throw you off. He probably spent a bit more time than it seems and cut out some of it for time. it makes it look like he sorta breezes through it. Ola is a great rythm player so I'm not shocked he was able to adapt to it though. The slow down bit in logic seems cool for learning. I don't know if other daws can do this without changing the notes but I"m guessing it's possible in whatever daw you have.

I'd suggest slowing down the track to the point you can play the bit without mistake and and start marching up the speed a bit after a few rotations. Before you know it, your fingers will adapt and bam!!

I've used the slow-down functionality in Reaper, and I think I've got a big part of the song down that way. But that intro is... just hard. I'm close on the first variation, but then when you go into the second one with the string skip it just turns to mush.

But I'm tuning my e standard 6 to drop d now and I'll spend my work breaks on this to see where it takes me :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 7 2022, 12:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 7 2022, 11:10 AM) *
I've used the slow-down functionality in Reaper, and I think I've got a big part of the song down that way. But that intro is... just hard. I'm close on the first variation, but then when you go into the second one with the string skip it just turns to mush.

But I'm tuning my e standard 6 to drop d now and I'll spend my work breaks on this to see where it takes me :-)

Let us know how it goes - or even if you're up for it, how about a progress video? smile.gif Always good to see how other people work through challenging parts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 12 2022, 09:18 AM
I was thinking about a progress video and then I tried yesterday. I wasn't... very good.

I can do the rhythm parts at something like 95% speed, but the leads at 80%. Maybe. :-/

I will post a video, but not right now. I still have a year to beat the 10 year mark. :-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2022, 02:59 AM
would love to see your progress vid! This is a very tricky bit of playing to be sure.

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 12 2022, 04:18 AM) *
I was thinking about a progress video and then I tried yesterday. I wasn't... very good.

I can do the rhythm parts at something like 95% speed, but the leads at 80%. Maybe. :-/

I will post a video, but not right now. I still have a year to beat the 10 year mark. :-D

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 14 2022, 01:51 PM
Alright, this is all I got right now. Inconsistent (both notes and tempo) even at 85% speed. Haven't tried this for a long time (except for the last couple of days) so I'm still trying to get back to where I was... Lead has always been my kryptonite, so much better at rhythm. Here, hand sync AND string skip is the hardest part I'd say.

This post has been edited by osiris: Jan 14 2022, 02:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 14 2022, 02:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 14 2022, 02:51 PM) *
Alright, this is all I got right now. Inconsistent (both notes and tempo) even at 85% speed. Haven't tried this for a long time (except for the last couple of days) so I'm still trying to get back to where I was... Lead has always been my kryptonite, so much better at rhythm. Here, hand sync AND string skip is the hardest part I'd say.

Let me know if you want me to tab out some of the exercises I mention here, if you feel they could help smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 14 2022, 02:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 14 2022, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Decided to upload them anyway for anyone interested: Attached File  String_Skipping_Exercises.gp ( 10.28K ) Number of downloads: 44

(See my video reply and post above for context)

Of course these can be taken through any scale or mode

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 14 2022, 03:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 14 2022, 04:28 PM
Cool, I'll check them out during the weekend!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2022, 04:49 PM
Impressive work! This is a very tricky bit to play and you are making very good progres. It's a lot to juggle all at once. The picking, muting string skipping, Your playing it pretty darn well at this stage and the pace is very smooth. I think you are pretty close to nailing it. Just a bit more work. Keep it up!

Todd

QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 14 2022, 08:51 AM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 14 2022, 08:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (osiris @ Jan 14 2022, 05:28 PM) *
Cool, I'll check them out during the weekend!

Awesome smile.gif I thought about it for a second after and it actually goes through a few different things - string skippings with 3 notes per string, string skipping with 2 notes per string and string skipping with 1 note per string, as well as string skipping between the A string and the high E string smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:20 PM