Blues
Robin
Feb 12 2007, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
I want to learn how to play blues. I searched on different websites for DVD lessons, but I dont know whats good and whats not so I need some help smile.gif

http://play.com/DVD/DVD/PROD/3-/598065/50_...ar/Product.html this one looked pretty good.

So if anyone know about DVD's, websites etc. thats good for learning blues, please leave a post smile.gif

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Feb 13 2007, 10:17 AM
There is a lot of good solid information on this site:

http://www.blueslessons.net/

I dont think you will find a more comprehensive site.

for a book, I would recommend "Blues you can use" by John Ganapes
he has a web site here:

http://bluesyoucanuse.com/

And finally, very usefull site with lots of info and especially dedicated to Clapton's blues

http://www.12bar.de/

That should keep you busy for a while.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 13 2007, 12:34 PM
Thats great, thanks alot!

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 13 2007, 02:48 PM
Rock Instructor
well everything you want to play first of all start listen to it .

next thing is try to play it alnoe first .

now if you really are a begginer , try to understand the meaning of 12 bar blues this by my opnion the most immportant in blues . for example my friend Elad is working on it for 2 years and he still find new stuff to play with

12 bar blues

E/E/E/E/
A/A/E/E/
B/A/E/A-Bb-B/

i don't know if you know this but this is the easiest way of finding something easy to practice improvise on it .

try to do
E pnetatonic
e|--------------------------------------------------12--15-----------------------|
B|----------------------------------------12--15---------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------12--14------------------------------------------|
D|----------------------12--14---------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------12--14-----------------------------------------------------------|
E|----12---15--------------------------------------------------------------------|

just go fowerd and backward and try to see how this scale is comming to life

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 13 2007, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Rockwouldbe @ Feb 13 2007, 02:48 PM) *
well everything you want to play first of all start listen to it .

next thing is try to play it alnoe first .

now if you really are a begginer , try to understand the meaning of 12 bar blues this by my opnion the most immportant in blues . for example my friend Elad is working on it for 2 years and he still find new stuff to play with

12 bar blues

E/E/E/E/
A/A/E/E/
B/A/E/A-Bb-B/
i don't know if you know this but this is the easiest way of finding something easy to practice improvise on it .

try to do
E pnetatonic
e|--------------------------------------------------12--15-----------------------|
B|----------------------------------------12--15---------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------12--14------------------------------------------|
D|----------------------12--14---------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------12--14-----------------------------------------------------------|
E|----12---15--------------------------------------------------------------------|
just go fowerd and backward and try to see how this scale is comming to life

I've been listening to blues for a while smile.gif mostly SRV, johnny winter, clapton and some other stuff. Havent been listening that much to all the real old stuff yet.

been playing guitar for a while aswell, so I'm not a begginer, but I dont know much about blues. different licks, basic theory and stuff. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:38 AM