5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Active : Smoke On The Water Gmc Collab, Structure and what not
skennington
Aug 13 2008, 08:57 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I posted this in the other thread as well but felt it would be a bit "cleaner" here not having to go through the pages and such.

Here is what I have so far for the structure. Keep in mind that this will probably change a little bit as I work out the backing. Should have it together within the next few days. smile.gif

Rhythm Guitar

Chast,Xicoria: intro and first verse/chorus
Superize,Kaz: second verse/chorus
Wollace03,Sense: third verse/chorus
skennington: outro for solo's

Lead Guitar

Outlaw2112,Pizzaoro: 25 sec each during intro (51 seconds long)
Botoxfox,Nick325: (solo begins at 2:59 and ends at 3:47, this gives them roughly 23 sec ea)
tjchep,DeepRoots,Tolek,Enucleation: (solo's during outro beginning at 4:44 and extending it to 6:20, this would give each 24 sec.

Key's

Siggum
Matt23

Bass

Siggum? Hey man, you mind? tongue.gif biggrin.gif Just saw your reply, thanks man!

Vocals

Caelum: first verse/chorus, backing vocals on second chorus
JeroneKole: second verse/chorus, backing vocals on first chorus
split the third verse and both sing chorus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chast
Aug 13 2008, 09:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Good to have a structure, but I still don't understand the system ^^
Shall we cover the song or making something own of it or is it up to us what we do ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Aug 13 2008, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Great steve!

Is it like
The 25 first seconds Outlaw plays, an the next 25 i play? :S During the intro?

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 13 2008, 09:59 PM
Bad Skenny! you mispelled my name mad.gif

tongue.gif

Are you okay if I post it in takes. so 3 verses, 3 chorusses and outakes that can be posted. Or do you want me to do some editing myself?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 13 2008, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Deadline? smile.gif

Dependant on when I get my apartment I might have to do the vocals before the 1st September.

@Jeroen and Sken:

JeroenKole, we talked about just singing it all and then let Sken take what he liked, right? Are we still doing that?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 14 2008, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Aug 13 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Good to have a structure, but I still don't understand the system ^^
Shall we cover the song or making something own of it or is it up to us what we do ?

Chast, I want to cover the song but add your own personal touch to it. Once I get the backing up, you will be able to get a better feel for what you can add within the beat if that makes sense.

QUOTE (Pizzoaro @ Aug 13 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Great steve!

Is it like
The 25 first seconds Outlaw plays, an the next 25 i play? :S During the intro?

Yes Pizz, or vice versa. You guys will basically be soloing over the intro.

QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 13 2008, 04:59 PM) *
Bad Skenny! you mispelled my name mad.gif

tongue.gif

Are you okay if I post it in takes. so 3 verses, 3 chorusses and outakes that can be posted. Or do you want me to do some editing myself?

Oopps, sorry man. You can record however works best for you. I'll just need the takes without backing for the mix.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 13 2008, 06:56 PM) *
Deadline? smile.gif

Dependant on when I get my apartment I might have to do the vocals before the 1st September.

@Jeroen and Sken:

JeroenKole, we talked about just singing it all and then let Sken take what he liked, right? Are we still doing that?

I think this would be a good idea guys. That way your in the flow throughout and I can mix the way I described in the initial post.

And no deadline. I don't want to rush anybody so we'll just leave it open at this point. smile.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 14 2008, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 14 2008, 01:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sure thing. I'll see if I can record something tomorrow, otherwise it will be next week or...yeah, it's a bit uncertain at the moment. Not even sure I have the right cables.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 17 2008, 06:11 AM
I have my 25 seconds done, i had to cut my solo down to make it fit... I cant wait to hear this once its all together

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 17 2008, 08:42 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Just wondered what am i meant to play on the keyboard. Is it backing for the song or a solo or what?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 17 2008, 03:28 PM
52 seconds in the keys start... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk3Ooz8S3Tk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 17 2008, 06:31 PM
I wish this would hurry up and get here... I keep messing with my solo, Im editing one tenth of a second because i heard a little noise i dont like... a noise you cant hear when played with the backing track

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 17 2008, 08:02 PM
Patience guys! No hurries.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 17 2008, 10:46 PM
Haha, Nice one Outlaw XD

I am rather excited though. Can't wait to see how this will all turn out in the end.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 20 2008, 08:50 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Im really sorry to say this, but im not gonna be able to do keyboard on this collab. sad.gif Im sure Siggum will be able to manage though. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 20 2008, 09:17 PM
Thats a bummer, Matt.

By the way Sken, the soloists, do we need to wait until everyone else has recorded the takes so we know what the rhythm will be? I mean I'm sure our rhythm guitarists/key/bass players will have some fun with the rhythms rather than just playing the original part.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 20 2008, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 20 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Im really sorry to say this, but im not gonna be able to do keyboard on this collab. sad.gif Im sure Siggum will be able to manage though. smile.gif

Sorry to hear that as well Matt sad.gif I was hoping to have a bit of a mix between you guys.

QUOTE (Enucleation @ Aug 20 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Thats a bummer, Matt.

By the way Sken, the soloists, do we need to wait until everyone else has recorded the takes so we know what the rhythm will be? I mean I'm sure our rhythm guitarists/key/bass players will have some fun with the rhythms rather than just playing the original part.

It's up to you man. For me, I would wait but as Outlaw has done, your more than welcome to go ahead with a lead take and we'll see how it mixes in.

Drum's are almost complete. When there done, I want to send the file to Siggum for the bass. When he is finished, he can post it for everyone to have at it. smile.gif

So Sig, you up for that plan? and also all the key's?

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 20 2008, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 20 2008, 10:43 PM) *
Sorry to hear that as well Matt sad.gif I was hoping to have a bit of a mix between you guys.

It's up to you man. For me, I would wait but as Outlaw has done, your more than welcome to go ahead with a lead take and we'll see how it mixes in.

Drum's are almost complete. When there done, I want to send the file to Siggum for the bass. When he is finished, he can post it for everyone to have at it. smile.gif

So Sig, you up for that plan? and also all the key's?

Yes, hook me up, i am going kanoo'ing for 4 days starting tomorrow, but i'll do it when i get back, no problem smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 20 2008, 10:38 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 20 2008, 09:43 PM) *

Mm you make me feel bad lol. Well i'll do some of the easier parts and see how it goes, but im afraid i cant do alot at the moment.

This post has been edited by Matt23: Aug 20 2008, 10:44 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 20 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sha clack clack, time is beatin' my a**, these days. Have had no time to do any recording of the vocals...

I have about a month though before I move out - so I still have time, I geuss.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 20 2008, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Siggum @ Aug 20 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Yes, hook me up, i am going kanoo'ing for 4 days starting tomorrow, but i'll do it when i get back, no problem smile.gif

Cool! I'll pm ya for your address when i'm done

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 20 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Mm you make me feel bad lol. Well i'll do some of the easier parts and see how it goes, but im afraid i cant do alot at the moment.

Sound's good Matt smile.gif We'll get you worked in.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 20 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Sha clack clack, time is beatin' my a**, these days. Have had no time to do any recording of the vocals...

I have about a month though before I move out - so I still have time, I geuss.

Dude, I know what you mean. Seems like by the time I get off work, get stuff done around the house, it's midnight. blink.gif No worries though, you got time. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:54 PM