2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Better Late Than Never, -
gibsonmatte
Dec 5 2008, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMC:ers!

I've actually been a member here since January 2008 but for some reason I have never found my way to this Topic. In other words I haven't introduced myself but here we go!

My name is Mattias and I live in a town called Malmoe, located in the southern parts of Sweden. I have actually been playing the guitar for approx 15 years but for some reason I still kinda suck at it. And here is the reason why:
I have since the day I started playing guitar been extremely lazy when it comes to practicing, learning music theory and other stuff that I didn't thought rocked. Learning music theory or learning scales when I started playing meant that I had to buy some books or instructions videos that were either extremely boring (the books) or too hard for me to understand (the videos). The only times that I actually "practiced" were when we rehearsed with the bands that I played in, or when we played live.
So basically my development in playing guitar has been more or less none for the past 15 years. I was able to do the stuff that I had to in the bands I played in but that's it.
But the breakthrough came in January this year when stumbled upon a video on youtube with Mr Kristofer Dahl. I think it was a video for Sweet child of mine with Gn'R and once I saw that I "clicked" my way to this site and since that day my world changed when it comes to playing guitar. For the first time in my life I actually found some motivation for practicing! And that's a big thing for me since I'm a bit lazy of the nature smile.gif And also the last year I have learned more and developed more than I have actually done in the past 14-15 years. Amazing!

I'm still extremely impressed of this site and the many instructors that already has helped me a lot! (I haven't been that active in the forums asking questions and more but still big up for David Wallimann who answered my question regarding "holding the pick" )

Some basic music/gear stuff:
I currently have a Gibson LP Custom and Gibson Marauder ( a guitar that's more cool than good smile.gif ).
I've been a "metalhead" since the day I got my first Mötley Crue album when I was 7-8 years old. I listen to other genres than metal/rock but for some reason I still need to hear a guitar in the songs otherwise I get bored with it.
My ambition for now is to continue practicing but I'm still kinda struggling with what to focus on, which lessons and more. I still tend to only practice the things that I think sounds cool. And yes, practicing scales is still boring for me but it's getting better...

That's it for now I guess and hope to see you all out there ( or "in here" wink.gif )

/Mattias

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Last FM page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 5 2008, 11:58 AM
you are older then me here, but anyway well met biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 5 2008, 12:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting introduction Mattias!! Welcome to the forum!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 5 2008, 12:44 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Mattias, nice intro smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 5 2008, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the forum smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 5 2008, 01:59 PM
Hey man,

Theory can be boring but if you learn it with the guitar in your hands, instead of 'rocking', things will start 'clicking' which is also an awesome feeling!

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 5 2008, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the Forums, as someone had mentioned before in the forums, it really doesn't matter how many years you've been playing, but more how much time you've spent on focused learning and practicing.

The important thing is that you feel good with what you do.

Cheers

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 5 2008, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Nice story Mattias,welcome to forum. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Dec 5 2008, 03:24 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Hi. Welcome to the forum!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
berko
Dec 5 2008, 03:34 PM
Great to have you on the forums from now on. smile.gif

Jose: well said

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Dec 5 2008, 03:38 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site wink.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 5 2008, 07:20 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice intro Mattias, welcome to the forums smile.gif

+Quote Post
Washburned
Dec 5 2008, 07:37 PM
rock on bro ! cool.gif
hope you will stay motivated wink.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 5 2008, 07:46 PM
Instructor
welcome mate

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pi38
Dec 5 2008, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (gibsonmatte @ Dec 5 2008, 06:47 AM) *
Hello GMC:ers!

I've actually been a member here since January 2008 but for some reason I have never found my way to this Topic. In other words I haven't introduced myself but here we go!

/Mattias

Man, this is creepy; I had the exact same case up until a couple months ago. I joined in January but never got around to making my introduction up until a couple of months ago. Weird. Anyway, welcome to GMC Mattias!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 5 2008, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, nice intro, welcome to forums! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 5 2008, 11:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome to the forum Mattias! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 6 2008, 01:40 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi mate, glad you found your way to the forums, welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Dec 6 2008, 11:46 AM
Singing Instructor
Welcome to GMC mate,nice intro by the way.smile.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 6 2008, 03:05 PM
The Dark Canuck
Welcome to GMC Mattias smile.gif Great to see you on the forum!

rok

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:40 PM