Fake Guitar :)
Mertay
Jun 12 2014, 01:15 AM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2014, 04:51 AM
Sadly there are TONS AND TONS AND TONS of fake/crap/scary bad guitars being sold on the web. You gotta be careful. Especially on ebay since you can't play it first. For the longest time I REFUSED to buy ebay guitars for that very reason. But recently I've started buying ebay guitars on one condition. RETRURNS OFFERED. smile.gif If they have a return policy on it, then they are willing to take it back and I've send more than a few back where they started. The last one I returned had the shipping paid BY THE SELLER!!! Which was awesome. It was the Dean Rusty Cooley 8 string that had some issues. I returned it after a week or so, and they paid shipping!! Then I bought a brand new one from a reputable vendor and it's been great smile.gif Also still has a return policy smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 11 2014, 08:15 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 12 2014, 04:52 AM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 12 2014, 05:43 AM
Good point from Todd if it has a returns policy.

I have seen fake guitars being sold with legit serial numbers as they just steal it off a real guitar.I would really feel sorry for someone who bought high end Gibson or PRS as they are tons of replicas getting made in China and sold.

+Quote Post
Tharn
Jun 12 2014, 06:20 AM
Hi gents.. I have to tell ya- I have a real les paul standard and a carvin ae 185 among a few other name brand guitars-- I have also purchased a couple of replica les pauls and a replica prs.(from the builder) not ebay.. I replace the pickups and hardware,,, and all internals - the last les paul copy I bought was really because the place would paint it any style and color I requested.. and it turns out this darn guitar is the best sounding and (played right out of the box too) of all of my guitars-- I put in a (Dean) Vinnie moore bridge pickup and on the neck a dimarzio humbucker from hell and these 2 pickups are magical together. would I tell someone to go get a copy.. nope- but if you already have some good quality guitars and want to play around with something you can customize without too much invested, id say hell yes- of course - do not try and sell these as real... at this point in time I get to play 6 different electric guitars that all look and sound great - only 3 are on the high end in price- but all 6 look and play and sound great. there are a few rip off guitar builders... if you find a reputable one though, in my experience its worth a try-
I have noticed too that even Gibson is making the les paul guitars lighter... back in the day they used to brag about the weight and 'sustain'..
I think we have all come to the conclusion with modern tech that anything is possible with any combination of wood/pickups amp and speakers....
you guys are my heroes here at gmc.. phenomenal musicians all over the place here.... just trying to add a different perspective.

Regards,
Tharn.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2014, 06:48 AM
Good points!! I bought a CHEEEEEAAAAAAAPPPPP indonesian BC RICH GUNSLINGER just to try to make it better. I put a real duncan pickup in it, shimmed the nut, did a full setup/intonation, had the frets leveled etc. I had a blast working on it and once it was about as good as I could get it I sold it of course to move on to the next adventure smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Tharn @ Jun 12 2014, 01:20 AM) *
Hi gents.. I have to tell ya- I have a real les paul standard and a carvin ae 185 among a few other name brand guitars-- I have also purchased a couple of replica les pauls and a replica prs.(from the builder) not ebay.. I replace the pickups and hardware,,, and all internals - the last les paul copy I bought was really because the place would paint it any style and color I requested.. and it turns out this darn guitar is the best sounding and (played right out of the box too) of all of my guitars-- I put in a (Dean) Vinnie moore bridge pickup and on the neck a dimarzio humbucker from hell and these 2 pickups are magical together. would I tell someone to go get a copy.. nope- but if you already have some good quality guitars and want to play around with something you can customize without too much invested, id say hell yes- of course - do not try and sell these as real... at this point in time I get to play 6 different electric guitars that all look and sound great - only 3 are on the high end in price- but all 6 look and play and sound great. there are a few rip off guitar builders... if you find a reputable one though, in my experience its worth a try-
I have noticed too that even Gibson is making the les paul guitars lighter... back in the day they used to brag about the weight and 'sustain'..
I think we have all come to the conclusion with modern tech that anything is possible with any combination of wood/pickups amp and speakers....
you guys are my heroes here at gmc.. phenomenal musicians all over the place here.... just trying to add a different perspective.

Regards,
Tharn.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2014, 07:43 AM
Instructor
I know a ton of folks buying cheap and fake guitars, simply because they don't care to ask around in forums and make a little research before buying something. And there are others that buy them and start a collection biggrin.gif There's this dude here in Romania - he is a player in a big band I know - and he boasts his collection of guitars. Guess what, they are all cheap replicas smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:16 AM