3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
I'm Leaving Gmc, ...don't be sad
Kyle Logue
Apr 16 2008, 06:36 AM
Drum instructor
Some of you have noticed lately that I haven't been active within the GMC community. Unfortunately, I'm leaving the community. I've really enjoyed my time here, but it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things.

Kris probably won't be happy to hear that I'm actually heading up the development of a USA based Video Lesson and Community website. I've joined up with a local and successful business that is not only a music store, but a recording studio and a lesson facility. They currently only do business "in person" as opposed to "online." Talking with the business owner, we're planning to expand his business physically as well as online to develop a community built for musicians.

The instructors involved all have degrees in music composition or music performance and the voice teacher has her PHD. We'll be filming our lessons in our recording studio with professional lighting and video equipment. We will teach lessons on guitar, piano, drums, voice, and recording/mixing. Our physical expansion will involve remodeling to accommodate space specifically designed to be used for filming online lessons. Not only will our website provide lessons, we will also be providing demo's of equipment that we can sell to you straight from our site. You can also ask our repair technicians questions about your gear if it is broken or not working correctly.

Above all, the last thing I want to happen is for our website to steal members from the community of GMC, but if you'd like to help us grow this new and great community, we'd love it if you would register and also be active within our website! We will not be stealing content of any kind from this community! Our website and physical remodeling are still in development, but we are moving very quickly.

ad removed

Thank you GMC for what you've provided for me! It is now time to move on.

-Kyle

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Apr 16 2008, 08:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Apr 16 2008, 06:39 AM
GMC:er
I'm gonna miss you man wish you the best in your future.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Apr 17 2008, 12:36 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 16 2008, 06:41 AM
Wish you the best with your new job Kyle! Thanks for your lessons here at GMC.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 16 2008, 06:59 AM
Good luck man, you gotto do what you think will be best for yourself in the long run. We'll miss you!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 16 2008, 07:05 AM
Instructor
Oh, it's a sad new for GMC. I wish you the best in your new job, and I just to say you that I will miss you mate, remeber that we had a project, so I sorry 'cos I didn't had time enough...

Good bye Kyle, good luck smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 16 2008, 07:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thanks for your time here Kyle smile.gif

In reverence to GMC maybe you want to concider to post a link to GMC from your new site since you put one on here. Just to let people know where you came from.

Good luck with the store and tutoring.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 16 2008, 07:44 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Good luck Kyle smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 16 2008, 07:53 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 16 2008, 01:35 AM) *
Thanks for your time here Kyle smile.gif

In reverence to GMC maybe you want to concider to post a link to GMC from your new site since you put one on here. Just to let people know where you came from.

Good luck with the store and tutoring.

I would have asked permission of the owner first (Kris). Seems out of place advertising a competitor on his website. If it was my site, I would say "community my ass" and delete it.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 16 2008, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Good luck with your new prosject!

(Your post seemed more like a big plug than a goodbye though) unsure.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 16 2008, 08:36 AM
Instructor
I'm sad to hear this, but I wish you the best Kyle!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Apr 16 2008, 08:41 AM
Good luck man! It's sad news to hear this... But we enjoyed your lessons here!

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:
• Ibanez S5470 TKR Prestige
• Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Air Norton & Dimarzio Tone Zone
• Washburn D10SCE WALNUT DREADNOUGHT SOLID TOP
• Some kind of cheap Guitar...

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Edirol UA-25 24 bit/96 kHz USB Audio Capture
Edirol PC-50 MIDI Keyboard Controller
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 16 2008, 08:44 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I enjoyed your lessons Kyle and wish you the best of luck smile.gif

..however, i see one short paragraph of good-bye and three paragraphs advertising, which to me is a little funky.

Either way- take care man, all the best.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 16 2008, 08:49 AM
Singing Instructor
bye Kyle...smile.gif all the best.....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 16 2008, 09:38 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 16 2008, 07:53 AM) *
I would have asked permission of the owner first (Kris). Seems out of place advertising a competitor on his website. If it was my site, I would say "community my ass" and delete it.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers for now Kyle smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2008, 09:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Kyle Logue @ Apr 16 2008, 05:36 AM) *
Some of you have noticed lately that I haven't been active within the GMC community. Unfortunately, I'm leaving the community. I've really enjoyed my time here, but it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things.

Kris probably won't be happy to hear that I'm actually heading up the development of a USA based Video Lesson and Community website. I've joined up with a local and successful business that is not only a music store, but a recording studio and a lesson facility. They currently only do business "in person" as opposed to "online." Talking with the business owner, we're planning to expand his business physically as well as online to develop a community built for musicians.

The instructors involved all have degrees in music composition or music performance and the voice teacher has her PHD. We'll be filming our lessons in our recording studio with professional lighting and video equipment. We will teach lessons on guitar, piano, drums, voice, and recording/mixing. Our physical expansion will involve remodeling to accommodate space specifically designed to be used for filming online lessons. Not only will our website provide lessons, we will also be providing demo's of equipment that we can sell to you straight from our site. You can also ask our repair technicians questions about your gear if it is broken or not working correctly.

Above all, the last thing I want to happen is for our website to steal members from the community of GMC, but if you'd like to help us grow this new and great community, we'd love it if you would register and also be active within our website! We will not be stealing content of any kind from this community! Our website and physical remodeling are still in development, but we are moving very quickly.

ad removed

Thank you GMC for what you've provided for me! It is now time to move on.

-Kyle

Goodbye Kyle - I wish you best of luck! smile.gif

I am not unhappy about your new plans - but I am little sad you coudn't give us a more personal farewell.

I hope your new projects will give you as much joy as GMC has given me.

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 16 2008, 11:29 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Good luck for your future

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 16 2008, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Good bye Kyle we will all miss you

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 16 2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the two line goodbye and the three paragraph advert...

Anyway, good luck with your project. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 16 2008, 12:09 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Good luck Kyle ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 16 2008, 12:09 PM
It's a shame that your goodbye consists of a short sentence and then you have paragraph after paragraph of advertisement for a rival company but I wish you good luck in the future and I hope you enjoy the new project. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:54 AM