Latency Questions...
Nathan333
Mar 20 2008, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMC,

I just got my toneport ux2 through the post and I have to say that it's bloody amazing! I do have one problem though. Although I can hear what I play directly after I've played it, the time between my playing and the software recording what I play is too long. I'm using ableton live 6 with gearbox and a ux2 at the moment, does anyone have any advice on how to minimize the latency? My pc has 1.5gb of ram a 2.5ghz processor, I'm worried it might be that as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with the ux2.

Thanx for your help guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 20 2008, 08:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Nathan333 @ Mar 20 2008, 08:13 PM) *
Hi GMC,

I just got my toneport ux2 through the post and I have to say that it's bloody amazing! I do have one problem though. Although I can hear what I play directly after I've played it, the time between my playing and the software recording what I play is too long. I'm using ableton live 6 with gearbox and a ux2 at the moment, does anyone have any advice on how to minimize the latency? My pc has 1.5gb of ram a 2.5ghz processor, I'm worried it might be that as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with the ux2.

Thanx for your help guys!

In your sequencer program, select Audio driver = ASIO

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Mar 20 2008, 09:26 PM
GMC:er
Thank you so much! Once again GMC has saved the day!

*I feel like an idiot*

This post has been edited by Nathan333: Mar 20 2008, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 20 2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Great to hear that the problem is fixed! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 21 2008, 12:23 PM
Instructor
If you want even lower latency, you can check Start>All Programs>Line 6>Tools>Line 6 Audio and MIDI devices, and there you can check the buffer settings.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:57 AM