Hey
eleven
Apr 24 2007, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

New to the site and fairly new to guitar. Took guitar back in highschool, but unfortunately never payed that much attention so all I can remember are a few chords. So now I'm just trying to start from ground up and hopefully get better. I'm 22, turning 23 in July and from Toronto. Don't know what else there is to say.

If it's no trouble, I wanted to ask if I can save the videos for myself. Mostly so I can rewatch some of them on portable players. If yes, how can you save them or download them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 24 2007, 08:19 PM
The Dark Canuck
Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

This site is awesome and you will find it very helpful. I've only been playing from a couple of years and didn't know much but this site has helped a lot. The forum is great and very helpful. Everyone is really nice too. I don't know the answer to your question about the videos though. Better go as am at work.

rokchik

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
eleven
Apr 24 2007, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 24 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

This site is awesome and you will find it very helpful. I've only been playing from a couple of years and didn't know much but this site has helped a lot. The forum is great and very helpful. Everyone is really nice too. I don't know the answer to your question about the videos though. Better go as am at work.

rokchik

Hey rokchik.

Thanks for the welcome. Never been to NF, how're things there?

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 24 2007, 10:52 PM
Hi Eleven and welcome to GMC, enjoy!

Didn't mean to interrupt the conversation, just wanted to say hi. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
eleven
Apr 25 2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks wheeler.

Heh, hi as well. Will do, definitely looking forward to improving on guitar. Thanks for the welcome.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 25 2007, 04:00 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (eleven @ Apr 24 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Hey rokchik.

Thanks for the welcome. Never been to NF, how're things there?

Things here are good. cold right now. I have family in the T. they actualy live in Oakville. I'm up there at least once a year. Usually to catch the Orioles when their in to play the Jays.

+Quote Post
eleven
Apr 27 2007, 06:19 AM
Heh, never been there. Is it more country like or more city like there?

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 29 2007, 11:20 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (eleven @ Apr 27 2007, 02:19 AM) *
Heh, never been there. Is it more country like or more city like there?

NL or Oakville?

This post has been edited by rokchik: Apr 29 2007, 11:20 PM

+Quote Post
eleven
May 1 2007, 05:15 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 29 2007, 06:20 PM) *
NL or Oakville?

Oh I meant Newfoundland, but I guess that might come off as a pretty general question.

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 1 2007, 03:30 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (eleven @ May 1 2007, 01:15 AM) *
Oh I meant Newfoundland, but I guess that might come off as a pretty general question.

That's what I thought... just wanted to be sure.

Where I live (Goose Bay) it's definately country! There is only about 8000 people here and we basically live in the woods. (or butt F*#K nowhere as I like to say) We only have one road out of town The Trans Labrador Highway which leads into Quebec and it's all dirt except for a few sections. The next closest town to us is Churchill Falls (where a lot of the NE USA especially NY and some parts of Eastern Canada get there electricity) and that's 285Km from here. It's about 14 hours drive to Baie Comeau, Quebec which is where the highway ends.

As for the Island portion St. John's is a small city but it's the largest in the Province with 250,000 people. A lot of Irish culture and music in the Province. (I'm from Nova Scotia where Scotland is the prominent influence) So the whole province is really more country than city although we have the big city crime. Actually the province looks alot like Ireland as far as terrain goes.

Sorry so long.

This post has been edited by rokchik: May 1 2007, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
eleven
May 5 2007, 07:48 AM
Heh, doesn't sound bad 'cept for the big city crime part. Was thinking of going to another province so I just wanted to ask what it was like there, but already decided on Halifax.

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 5 2007, 04:23 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (eleven @ May 5 2007, 03:48 AM) *
Heh, doesn't sound bad 'cept for the big city crime part. Was thinking of going to another province so I just wanted to ask what it was like there, but already decided on Halifax.

That's my home town!

You'll love it there. So much stuff to do and the people in NS are so nice. (bias I know) Will you be right in Halifax or around like Dartmouth or Bedford? I miss home sooo much. Try to get back at least once a year. Still have family back there. If you got any questions about Halifax fire away.

+Quote Post
eleven
May 8 2007, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ May 5 2007, 11:23 AM) *
That's my home town!

You'll love it there. So much stuff to do and the people in NS are so nice. (bias I know) Will you be right in Halifax or around like Dartmouth or Bedford? I miss home sooo much. Try to get back at least once a year. Still have family back there. If you got any questions about Halifax fire away.

Heh, I'm mostly going there to visit a friend and kick back. I think Halifax, though I could be wrong. Still have like a month to plan it all right. Actually would you know of any cheap hotels around the area? The only one I've found is YMCA hostel at 40 without tax and max stay at 3 weeks. I'm not sure if that's cheap already, just wondering.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:57 PM