Ozzy & Korn In Argentina!, 30.03.08
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2008, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Hey there! I'll tell you about the fetival called Quilmes Rock. I went to the opening day that was the most interesting for me.
These were the bands for this night: CARAJO - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - RATA BLANCA - KORN - OZZY

I can say that I was very excited about this concert.

CARAJO:
This band is an argentinian New Metal band that was formed with ex-members of one of the most known New Metal/Harcore national bands in the 90's called Animal. They are a good band and I like their songs but they had serious sound problems. The first song sounded perfect but then there was a problem with the PA system. However they rocked and they ended the show with a Pantera's riif Medley.
EL ERROR - CARAJO
CHICO GRANADA - CARAJO

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.
I have to say that I'm a Zakk Wylde fan however I didn't like this concert. I was very happy of seing Zakk for the first time and I really enjoyed seing him rocking and shreding. But I'm not sure if I like too much any of Black label's songs.. and this sumed to a not so good sound made me feel a bit dissapointed. I would have been awesome if he had played any Pride and glory song. sad.gif

RATA BLANCA
They are the most famous Neoclassical hard rock band from Argentina. They had played for 20 years and they realy know what they do. The concert was good and the sound was ok. At this time I was feeling a bit furious with the organization because I thought that the sound sytem that they rented was very bad.
They played all their classics and Walter Gardino, his guitar player (A mix of Malmsteen and Blackmoore) did an interesting improvisation over Voodo child.

KORN
I can say that I like Korn bvut that I hadn't big expectations about their perfeormance live. But they really surprised me. The show was amazing. The sound was assasin and Jonathan David is a rocker frontman that headbaged all the show. Nowadays they mix their songs with industrial influences so they added a keyboard player.
You can't imagine how the people went crazy when they played Blind. Excelent concert.

OZZY
Finally OZZY. I dont know who was more happy of this concert... if me or Ozzy. It's amazing to see how much he still enjoys doing a concert. I saw her face smiling all the time, jumping and I feel happy too. The argentinian audience is very expresive and sang every song. The concert was short but effective... they opened with I don't wanna stop and the second song was Bark at the moon...
Zakk Wylde played perfectly every solo and his image is perfect for this band. I enjoyed much more his performance in Ozzy.
They ended the concert with the song Paranoid. The people (we) really went crazy.. I jump so much and I finished the concert as if I had have a footbal match. laugh.gif

Here you have some videos of that night:
Quilmes rock

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 3 2008, 02:37 PM
GMC:er
Great review Gabriel. I really love Black Label Society songs. Not a huge Ozzy fan apart from Randy's solo on SATO. I much prefer Dio era Black Sabbath also but that's me. Glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 3 2008, 02:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice review Gabriel. I saw Rata Blanca a couple of years ago here in Colombia they are great musicians but I didn't like it , not my style. Carajo is an awesome band , I had the oportunity to see Animal a couple of times in concert and they rocked , I hope I can see Carajo one of these days, to bad that the sound wasn't the best.

Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 3 2008, 05:15 PM
Instructor
You are a lucky guy Gabriel, I have never had the chance to see Ozzy live, I have just a dvd... sad.gif
Thanks for the carajo's link.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2008, 05:18 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the feedback. smile.gif What do you think of Carajo?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 4 2008, 05:43 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for sharing, I don't like BLS as much as Pride and Glory too, old BLS is awesome, but the new stuff is boring too me.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 5 2008, 05:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 3 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Hey there! I'll tell you about the fetival called Quilmes Rock. I went to the opening day that was the most interesting for me.
These were the bands for this night: CARAJO - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - RATA BLANCA - KORN - OZZY

I can say that I was very excited about this concert.

CARAJO:
This band is an argentinian New Metal band that was formed with ex-members of one of the most known New Metal/Harcore national bands in the 90's called Animal. They are a good band and I like their songs but they had serious sound problems. The first song sounded perfect but then there was a problem with the PA system. However they rocked and they ended the show with a Pantera's riif Medley.
EL ERROR - CARAJO
CHICO GRANADA - CARAJO

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.
I have to say that I'm a Zakk Wylde fan however I didn't like this concert. I was very happy of seing Zakk for the first time and I really enjoyed seing him rocking and shreding. But I'm not sure if I like too much any of Black label's songs.. and this sumed to a not so good sound made me feel a bit dissapointed. I would have been awesome if he had played any Pride and glory song. sad.gif

RATA BLANCA
They are the most famous Neoclassical hard rock band from Argentina. They had played for 20 years and they realy know what they do. The concert was good and the sound was ok. At this time I was feeling a bit furious with the organization because I thought that the sound sytem that they rented was very bad.
They played all their classics and Walter Gardino, his guitar player (A mix of Malmsteen and Blackmoore) did an interesting improvisation over Voodo child.

KORN
I can say that I like Korn bvut that I hadn't big expectations about their perfeormance live. But they really surprised me. The show was amazing. The sound was assasin and Jonathan David is a rocker frontman that headbaged all the show. Nowadays they mix their songs with industrial influences so they added a keyboard player.
You can't imagine how the people went crazy when they played Blind. Excelent concert.

OZZY
Finally OZZY. I dont know who was more happy of this concert... if me or Ozzy. It's amazing to see how much he still enjoys doing a concert. I saw her face smiling all the time, jumping and I feel happy too. The argentinian audience is very expresive and sang every song. The concert was short but effective... they opened with I don't wanna stop and the second song was Bark at the moon...
Zakk Wylde played perfectly every solo and his image is perfect for this band. I enjoyed much more his performance in Ozzy.
They ended the concert with the song Paranoid. The people (we) really went crazy.. I jump so much and I finished the concert as if I had have a footbal match. laugh.gif

Here you have some videos of that night:
Quilmes rock

Great review man!! I agree with you except about BLS... for me, the show was so cool biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:58 AM