> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Rileyandrew29's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2014, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hey Andy! How are you? This is our thread for Gab's Army. Welcome. smile.gif

Before we start I need many information from you.

Name:
Influences:
Diary practice:
Audio or video recording possibility:

How many hours per day can you dedicate to guitar?
What do you know about theory?

and also post some videos of you playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 14 2014, 07:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Im great thanks mate smile.gif

Here's my details-

Name: Andrew Mann
Playing since: Been playing 6 years on and off
Influences: Metal - Parkway Drive, Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, Killswitch Engage, Children of Bodom, Architects, Iron Maiden. I also love 70's + 80's rock - Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Hendrix, Led Zep, Dio, Judas Priest.
Diary practice: I've been trying to practice again everyday. In the past I have got frustrated because i cant play along with my favourite tracks (there too fast, more like im too slow haha) and given up.
Audio or video recording possibility: I've just got a camcorder!! woohoo smile.gif I have also just been given a toneport ux2 with a copy of sony vegas. So it seems im all set!!

How many hours per day can you dedicate to guitar? I can dedicate on average two hours a day. More at weekends

What do you know about theory? If im honest I know only the very basics. Such as string names. I can work out what note is being played (eventually). A little on arppegio's are chords. But i know very little on scales other than i seem to like minor more than major smile.gif

I will upload some video's of me playing in a day or so. Meanwhile here is me a few year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbNnw1ftyw. I have'nt improved any. If anything im a little worse!!

Thanks again. I appreciate you're help.

Andy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2014, 10:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Andy! Thanks for the information! Based on the video that you shared you already have a good level to play that type of metal stuff. We have to polish your technique, and work on some concepts that help you to compose your own music.

What are you planning to record now?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 15 2014, 11:48 AM
Learning Roadie
I was going to record myself playing your Metallica for beginners and also Iron Maiden for beginners lessons. I have been working on these for a few weeks, although I still cant play the Iron Maiden song at full speed yet sad.gif

I should also let you know i have not played any guitar for 6 months, up until a few weeks ago upon discovering this site.

I would love to be able to compose my own songs. That sounds awesome!!

Going by the ability level system of this site im currently at level two...just smile.gif

Andy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2014, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Both lessons sound great! I was thinking that your diary guitar plan could look like this:

Warming Up (10 minutes)

Alternate Picking (20 minutes)

Legato (20 minutes)

Rhythm (20 minutes)

Musical lesson (20 minutes)

Theory & Composition (20 minutes)

Tell me what you think and then we can fill each topic.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 15 2014, 02:13 PM
Learning Roadie
That guitar plan sounds awesome.

Im excited biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2014, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ Mar 15 2014, 10:13 AM) *
That guitar plan sounds awesome.

Im excited biggrin.gif

hehe cool! Do you have some lesson suggestions for those topics?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 15 2014, 04:21 PM
Learning Roadie

How about this:

Warm up - Either https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Warming-up-with-Lian/
or https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-marcus-siepen/

For alternate Picking - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/

Legato - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Rhythm - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Motley-Crue-Style/

Musical Lesson - ?? I have no idea/open to suggestions

Theory and Composition - ?? I have no idea/open to suggestions

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 15 2014, 07:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is a quick video I took today!! This is the best of a bunch of takes.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2014, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Andy! That's a good take of the Metallica's lesson. It needs some more days of practice to polish it. The riffs can sound tighter if you put all your attention on going with the drums, but you are very close. The solo section is also ok but can sound better. The vibrato sounds a bit nervous and aggressive for the melodies, try to make it more natural. I also note that your guitar is a bit our of tune, the higher strings and that makes the solo sound a bit out. Check it out!

About your guitar plan for the next weeks, based on the lessons that you chose, this is my suggestion:

Warming Up (10 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-marcus-siepen/

Alternate Picking (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-marcus-siepen/

Legato (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Rhythm (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Motley-Crue-Style/

Musical lesson (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metallica-For-Beginners/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Iron-M...-For-Beginners/

Theory & Composition (20 minutes)

INTERVALS THEORY: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry644329

If you want to go deeper take a look at this series: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonseries/Intervals/

That's all for the next two weeks, What do you think?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 16 2014, 05:30 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 16 2014, 05:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the comments and pointers on my vid. I knew something was off but was not sure what.....Tuning. So obvious now haha.
I shall keep practicing this lesson as suggested!!

The guitar plan looks great except you have listed the same lesson (Bens legato lesson) for Legato and Rhythm segments!!

Or is that intentional??

Thanks
Andy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2014, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ Mar 16 2014, 01:27 PM) *
Thanks for the comments and pointers on my vid. I knew something was off but was not sure what.....Tuning. So obvious now haha.
I shall keep practicing this lesson as suggested!!

The guitar plan looks great except you have listed the same lesson (Bens legato lesson) for Legato and Rhythm segments!!

Or is that intentional??

Thanks
Andy

It wasn't! It's fixed now. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 16 2014, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Excellent!! I post a vid in two weeks.

Peace smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2014, 11:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ Mar 16 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Excellent!! I post a vid in two weeks.

Peace smile.gif

Great! BTW please keep me updated on the progress! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 17 2014, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gabriel

I'm into my second day of practicing these lessons and having lots of fun smile.gif

I'm so out of my comfort zone its great. I need to work real hard with the legato lesson!! Its a finger killer as I've never done legato before.
Same goes for the Motley Crue lesson. I struggle with the G chord the most,(haven't used this chord or any open chord in a long time) but it's great. I love a challenge haha!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2014, 03:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rileyandrew29 @ Mar 17 2014, 06:22 PM) *
Hey Gabriel

I'm into my second day of practicing these lessons and having lots of fun smile.gif

I'm so out of my comfort zone its great. I need to work real hard with the legato lesson!! Its a finger killer as I've never done legato before.
Same goes for the Motley Crue lesson. I struggle with the G chord the most,(haven't used this chord or any open chord in a long time) but it's great. I love a challenge haha!!

Great!! This is exactly the idea. I'm really glad to know that you are enjoying this process. Keep on the hard work and the updates here!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Mar 30 2014, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab

I've been practicing the prescribed lessons nearly every day and the their sounding a little better each day. But I still need to practice most of them a little longer, especially the legato lesson. My hand goes numb after playing it a few times in a row!!

I will post a vid in the next few days to show my progress on these so far.

Cheers
Andy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Andy! Great to hear from you and to know that you are going forward! smile.gif That's the most important thing, evolving, slowly but in a consistently. Thanks for this update, I will wait for your videos to then design a new plan to keep you motivated. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Apr 1 2014, 09:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel, here's where I'm currently at with the Motley Crue Style lesson. \m/

I dont play it clean at all, mostly because the backing track is a little too fast for me still. And its not even full speed yet!!

FYI I cant upload anymore vids for the next two weeks because my wife is taking the camcorder to Ecuador with her (it's alright for some eh!!haha). biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rileyandrew29: Apr 3 2014, 12:07 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2014, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good playing on the video! You are going on the right track with this lesson and now it's time to polish details. For example, the first riff has that higher strings arrangement that isn't sounding right because you don't pick those strings. Then, some other ideas need to sound groovy or with more dynamics. Again, just details that will be fixed soon with practice and focusing on them.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:06 PM